SEFL | Forced to work at a different service center for a week.

imported_Girn

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, for the second time in 6 weeks, I was 'volunteered' to go and work at a different terminal for the whole week!!!!! They asked the drivers for volunteers this morning. The 1st time I got snagged they were asking on weds. Well I got back to the terminal this afternoon and when I looked for my start time on Monday, I got banged again!!! I am not on the bottom of seniority(like that means anything)! I am p@d not line haul. If another terminal needs that much help constantly, let them hire a new p@d driver. I have family and commitments to me and my wife and kids!!!! And to give me 2 days notice for this is not right. Can any one help me???

There's no way they can force you to work at another terminal. Tell them you absolutely can not do it this time. If you don't mind helping out other terminals from time to time that's cool but to try and force you is just stupid. Unless you signed up for one of the positions (usually in bigger terminals) to go and help other terminals they should not be able to force you into working at another terminal against your will. If your TM will not listen call Columbia and talk to them. The situation should be corrected very quickly once corporate gets involved.

as a guest here, I would recommend that you do not refuse to go, they may terminate you on the spot. I would make their life a living hell at the service center that you helping out, just be a royal pain in the butt!! ask every question you can think of,and ask it every day,ask for directions to every pick-up,call for directions back to the yard after your last pick-up, when's lunch? where the oil dipstick? what's the best way to shift this truck?, you get the idea.

sabres right go to the tm sit down and explain,your willing to help out but u have family that needs u home now and you`ll let him know when you can travel out of town and ask him if u need to columbia/hr to help with the situation ,that should do it,if not ,make the call. good luck

There is no way they could force me. I'd be on my way before they could finish the sentence. Do me good to get away from the two morons that run the terminal here. :dance: A whole week of not having to deal with them would be like vacation :banana: