Ford moving ALL small car manufacturing to Mexico

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

The consumer of these products is the U.S. It's all BS go overseas and pollute all you want and violate people with sweatshops , child labor etc. Business as usual in Washington! It's all about green as in $$$$! America can't compete against this unfair advantage. The products imported to the U.S. need to be up to our standards not brought down to theirs!

Northern Flash likes this.
  2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Tell me how you plan to do that?

3. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

How about a tarrif on goods from countries that violate human rights and enviormental issues. It would make for a level playing field wouldn't it?

4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Smoot Hawley took us from Hoover's recession into FDR'S Depression.

Still didn't answer the question. You said their Quality snd Standard has to come up to ours. Making them pay more doesn't do that.

5. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

If they want to do business with the big boys they will change and the world will be a better place. I didn't say anything about quality and standards. I specifically was talking about human rights and the enviorment. A country like ours can't compete with countries that dump their waste in the river out back and have slave labor wages.But hey it's great for profit margins!

6. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Thats what capitalism is.
    The investor class here chooses what and where to invest their money for the best returns.
    Basically thats capitalism are you advocating changing our system?

7. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

That's fine if they don't want to do things the right way we can just do the manufacturing here. The profit margin will be less but the world would be a cleaner and better place!

pilot87 likes this.
  8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Who is We? How many American Manufacturing Plants do you own?

Magoo likes this.
  9. Magoo

I think he may have some plants going but not that kind :idunno:

10. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

You're dodging the elephant in the room! I'll throw you a hypothetical. I want to bid to make a product for GM. This job requires the use of hazardous material. The use of this material has cost associated with the use and DISPOSAL. I will be unable to make a competitive bid because Hop Sing Industries just dumps his waste in the river behind his plant in China. Even though you can't see or feel the effects today it has an effect worldwide!

11. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

"we" as in the United States of America Snowflake‼️You know exactly what I'm saying‼️

pilot87, Northern Flash and SAC75 like this.
  12. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

You wouldn't know capitalism if it knocked you over the head.
    You do recognize crony capitalism though, you just misidentify it.

13. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

That would be your boy Pilot that has that market cornered. That and possibly the child trafficing industry. He wants that border kept open for some reason. And he can't/won't justify why in public.(a coyote perhaps?) So what else are we to assume?
    I.C.E. should open an investigation.

14. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

I already covered it, you obviously haven't seen a plant in a while. Some things make sense, others are assanine. You claim hyperboly, but it's not. Its like you live in a bubble.

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

No I apparently don't. How could 'we' force private businesses to build here or increase quality or wages? It's their biz, nor ours.

I'm for Liberty that we were founded on. I'm for unbridled capitalism that made us the envy of the world. Those are Individual Freedoms. What you state are Collectivist Controlled Authoritarian mandates. That's what chased biz offshore to begin with.

I'd propose to end the Federal EPA. I'd propose to end Baseline Budgeting, most Regulations, and Federal Income Tax. Go Fair tax. With zero corporate tax, biz would flood back home. To me- you're bass ackwards.

In the end, it's up to Congress, nor a Prez. On trade, Trump, Bernie, and Hillary are quite similar. Not for me!

16. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Not one time did I say force a U.S. business to do :shit:

What chased business offshore is larger profits at the expense of the American worker and the environment!

BS companies will come back for one reason only and that's if the profit is larger. Never will be with third world wages and a license to kill the planet

No :shit: the president is only part of the system as far as Trump he can't do :shit: by himself Hillary will be the the same :shit: we have now with Oblowme who's Bernie

17. Magoo

Thats the way it goes, it's not fair is it.
    Obama tried to push some of the new energy company's so we had something here.
    A lot of people kicked him for it

Anyone here needs to think about high value products, not something they can easily produce in a alley shop somewhere in Asia.
    Don't try competing with cheap labor with another cheap product

18. Magoo

The best pot is grown here in the USA

USA! USA! USA!

pilot87 likes this.
  19. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

Solar energy makes more sense that other renewable sources. Plants (Panels, Sun Farms), can be built close to areas where the energy will be consumed. States & cities will be supplied & no long transmission lines that destroy the environment will be needed as with wind generated energy.
    Solar energy has a stigma because of the millions of tax dollars wasted on subsidies thus far that has not produced power. Every state has sunshine while not all states have sufficient wind to make wind generated power feasible.

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  20. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

Somebody planted a pot plant in my woods behind my house. I was back there trimming back brush along one of my dirt bike trails the other day and lopped it off, then I started looking at it and thought, that's a weird looking plant, I never seen nothing like that around here. Wasn't sure what to do with it so I hung it in my barn to dry, I'll figure out what to do with it later.

Northern Flash, Big Dave and Magoo like this.