Forget Candy we want pizza for halloween

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hello friends,

Oh dear was today, a ringer, I got my behind kicked today. 24 stops 19 kegs, and 524 cases it was a full load. Lots of mixed pallets and my favorite, mixed pallets on the top shelf it's way more fun that way.

Any how I clocked in at 6:00am and clocked out at 6:00pm. I went to a restaurant in the middle of the day today, that I probably should have just bipassed and went to at 2:00pm it was my fault on that one I made a bad call. The customer ticked me off kind of too. These customers especially some of these restaurants, they just don't get it, it is just them in there little world and that's it nothing else exists outside of there 4 walls, which is one of the reasons I got out of that business. Anyhow, whatever, from now, on while things are heavy, I'll just run them later in the afternoon 2:00 O'clockish. Believe it or not there is a reason I run my route the way I run it, does that thought ever occur to those people. Like this place the guy tells me "I'm here at 8:00am."

I told him the routes not set up to run like that. He said "Well have them change it." I said "That's not going to happen."

What I could have said Listen here stupid, the reason I don't get to you at 8:00am is because and your a business man you'll understand this, you know how you ignore me when your customers are here, well it works like that on our end as well, see your $500.00 a week, well Aldi's is $5,000-$6,000 a week so geographically and business wise, they get priority over you. For one if I can't get to your account sure I'll get a good butt chewing, but probably nothing more then, that, however a $5,000-$6,000 dollar account well if I don't get that done, I'll be in much much much more trouble. In fact if it ever came to it I know what management would say they would say do the $5,000 account and forget about the $500. These little accounts some of them need to really be put in there place. They demand all kinds of special treatment and entitlements, and they think because they have a $160.00 order once every 7 weeks, there doing us a favor. I had one like that yesterday, after that I had a choice another pop up once in a blue moon $174.00 account or a regular $1,000-$2,000 a week account. I said to myself "Nickles holding up a dollar, I don't care about this $174.00 account that's not even prepared to accept there 5 cases of beer, forget them lets get this other place out of the way, they need it more then the other place does." That's just what I did.

The other problem is I have another account around the corner from this account that doesn't get there until 10:30am so I'm not going to go down there for one and then come back later for another, that's just stupid, so from now these people will now get there stuff in the afternoon, to bad for them. Sometimes I swear I'm more organized then these people are.

It's so stupid some of these people have been around long enough where they should have better systems in place for reviving deliveries, but I guess that's way to much like work easier just to demand entitlements. Sorry I'm a little pissed right now.

Any how after a long day of jack-azzing around I was the second truck back to the yard hooray! At least I wasn't last, and you know I felt bad it's Halloween night the guys at the warehouse, they want to go home I'm sure you guys are the same way, like the one warehouse guy said "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the situation, he goes it's 5:15pm I'm trying to go home I'd like to pass out candy to the kids who are tricker treating with my wife."

You know and I'm sure you all feel that way too, I'm sure you all would much rather be with your families on Halloween night then listening to some idiot scream and yell and throw a temper-tantrum like a two year old, because they were shipped battered mozzarella sticks when they ever so clearly wanted the breaded kind shipped to them and now someone must pay for that, oh so fatal error please, give me a break.

You know the more I see the more I try not to get upset over stupid stuff like that, because I don't want to be one of the people, that has this entitlement mentality it's all very immature to me in my eyes, but what do I know.

Anyhow on my way home from work I stopped to get some pizza and some kids were walking by and I was eatting a slice before I went home and the one kid said to the other kid "Man, forget this Halloween candy, we should be getting pizza."

Anyhow here it is peperoni, sausage and extra cheese yumm!

I read that whole post and never figured you were gonna post something like that, something that ain't offered here, well, at least of that quality...dick...you and your damn pizza...LOL!

I read that whole post and never figured you were gonna post something like that, something that ain't offered here, well, at least of that quality...dick...you and your damn pizza...LOL!

Moneyman said that a general summit and conference is being organized, I'll bring you one when we get together for the food haulers and pop pushers national conference.