XPO | Fork scales

RoadRage76

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone get the fork scales in their terminals yet?

We only have 1 pad scale, and they now want us to get 30% reweighs and still be on time to the FAC. :roll1:

What's next?

we've got 10-12 fork scales, and 2 floor scales. we recently got 3 new cat forklifts in but no fork scales on em. how much cents$ does that make?......everyone wants to ride em but nobody wants to reweigh with the floor scales.

Must be a pretty big terminal...we're only a Class 4. I'll settle for just one or two to use in addition to the pad.

RoadRage76 said:
Anyone get the fork scales in their terminals yet?

We only have 1 pad scale, and they now want us to get 30% reweighs and still be on time to the FAC. :roll1:

What's next?

I don’t like them as the extra hardware on the mast makes it hard to see when I’m doing my precision loading techniques with ugly flat bed freight. So I avoid them if I can.

the shadow said:
I don’t like them as the extra hardware on the mast makes it hard to see when I’m doing my precision loading techniques with ugly flat bed freight. So I avoid them if I can.
I like them.It makes me feel like I am skilled labor.l

the shadow said:

precision loading......
:biglaugh: :wtflol: :rofl:

paul wall said:
precision loading......
:biglaugh: :wtflol: :rofl:

I’m just bummed that I don’t have any new shiny Blue forklifts to operate to give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. As far as loading techniques goes, I say If you can’t dazzle them with experience, baffle them with Bull Sh*t.:D

the shadow said:
I’m just bummed that I don’t have any new shiny Blue forklifts to operate to give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. As far as loading techniques goes, I say If you can’t dazzle them with experience, baffle them with Bull Sh*t.:D

the 3 new ones we got were still ORANGE..
baffle them with BS now thats funny :hysterical:

We've got 3 or 4 fork scales and 1 floor scale. None of them are accurate and all but one of the fork scales won't accumulate the weight for multiple piece shipments. It would be easier to reach our reweigh goals if they were calibrated and functioning properly.

:shout: we got 1 floor and 2 forks they are a pain the :Censored-Cow: to use but im told to use them the forkslifts with scales it takes longer to unload trailers :shout: thats ok cha ching at ot pay by time i get back from p and d :shout:

They are nice to check your body weight just make sure you take that backbelt off if you want an accurate weight.

Oh one more thing, for the dummies out there it will take 2 people to get your weight one to sit on the seat and one to stand on the forks so please dont get on and jump off trying to read the scale. This tip will save you the 30 minutes you would have spent trying to do this task.

korndog said:
We've got 3 or 4 fork scales and 1 floor scale. None of them are accurate and all but one of the fork scales won't accumulate the weight for multiple piece shipments. It would be easier to reach our reweigh goals if they were calibrated and functioning properly.

there are a couple few at our barn that are off kilter. some wont even scan the pro barcode. God forbid i have to enter it manually......... :shock:

eolithic said:
Oh one more thing, for the dummies out there it will take 2 people to get your weight one to sit on the seat and one to stand on the forks so please dont get on and jump off trying to read the scale. This tip will save you the 30 minutes you would have spent trying to do this task.

thats like that one dumb blonde joke...why did the blonde close her eyes to look in the mirror..... :duh:

anyway, um, couldnt you just stand on a platform scale to get your weight?

RoadRage76 said:
Geez...making over $40,000/year, should be able to buy a bathroom scale, no? They're cheap at wal-mart!
Hell I'll send them one.I have a few extra bucks to help a brother.