Central Transport | Former PJAX Driver says Hello!

frankgaron

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi Gang:

I used to work for PJAX ten years ago - have been working full time from home since then. I was employee #1330 - still have my plastic timecard thingy here!

I still go past my old terminal - Clinton NJ (right on I-78) and reminisce about my time there. I have to say that even though I was only there two years part time (while I built my own business up), it was the best driving job I ever had.

Why do I say this?

Two reasons.

One - the Bosses I worked for. Nick S. out of the Perth Amboy NJ terminal, and Jeff (the owners' Son) out of Clinton once we closed out Perth Amboy. Bopth guys treated me very fairly, and I have to say that I usually never did like any of the bosses I worked for in the 15 years I drove trucks!

Two - My tractor. I used to get #737 on a regular basis - I forget the road driver's name, but he kept that baby SPOTLESS. What a cream puff to drive - smooth as silk ride, ice-cold A/C, great visibility, good turning radius, you name it.

I never did get to drive one of the new Internationals - wonder how they ride in comparison to the Mack CH models?

Wonder if PJAX will stay independent forever, or what? Seems like so many companies are gone since I started driving back in 1982!

Frank