XPO | Former YRC now a Conway driver

suprsprt

TB Lurker
Credits
I start my training on Mon (3/15) in Columbus, Ohio. I also have a buddy who is getting on here. I have only worked at Yellow (YRC) for 4 weeks in the last 28 months. I have been running NYC 3 times a week for Forward Air. Any info anyone would like to tell me, feel free. Thanks

I start my training on Mon (3/15) in Columbus, Ohio. I also have a buddy who is getting on here. I have only worked at Yellow (YRC) for 4 weeks in the last 28 months. I have been running NYC 3 times a week for Forward Air. Any info anyone would like to tell me, feel free. Thanks

Welcome.. Hope it works out for you..

The drivers that have been here for a while will help you out in anyway they can but unfortunately, it seems the a lot of the newer ones will screw you anyway they can.

It can be a pain sometimes, but you'll have good co-workers for the most part and the job itself is pretty straight forward and easy.

Good luck.

Welcome to the company.
being on the bottom will be tough. hang in there thru all the bs, and you'll
be ok. yes there's some people here that will help and others who will just
push the bs off to you. good luck

The drivers that have been here for a while will help you out in anyway they can but unfortunately, it seems the a lot of the newer ones will screw you anyway they can.

Welcome aboard.
Not all new ones will screw you. I have been with conway for only 6 months. I have learned alot from the older drivers and I try to help out the new ones when i can. Since your running out of xco I know are paths will cross sooner or later. I run out of xca ( Charleston W.V.).Good luck

Welcome to XCO......used to be really fun at that barn.......now, it is better than it was (just recently) due to a certain promotion. Actually I should say couple of promotions..........
Of the original guys there.......the top 50 guys are pretty cool. It may take some time to get to know them, as you probably remember FNG's at your previous job.
Give PA (Paul) a high five for me. PA is good people and will not lie to you.

But a good pair of gloves and boots and a coat. Your going to actually work at this job to keep it.

I might not have worked the dock at YRC, but I still drove a truck safely and built and broke apart sets for 10 years. The person who gave me my road test said that I was the best out of 5 that they road tested. I guess they are looking for about 6-8 drivers.

I might not have worked the dock at YRC, but I still drove a truck safely and built and broke apart sets for 10 years. The person who gave me my road test said that I was the best out of 5 that they road tested. I guess they are looking for about 6-8 drivers.
good luck and welcome !!
as far as beieng best out of five good deal. now what have you done for me lately ????
you will get that line in a few months........... and laugh and laugh and laugh oh i'am killing myself hahahahhhahha

Yes welcome.. Have fun on line haul, but if they are hiring 6-8 people after you then you could possibly luck out and get an AM extra board slot.. Hang in there everyone at the bottom gets abused. In time you get used to it.

Thank you sir may I have another!!

being ahead of 6-8 folks this time of year is useful......unless something like losing home depot happens again. The western guys and gal may remember this.

Hey Yellow you will do fine you are on the bottom so the first 90 days will be tough just hang in there it goes fast if you are a worker you will do great and you will not be on the bottom long can't find a better company to work for at this day and age.

I was only speaking of the lay offs. I could not stand jc penny or moen sink faucets......but it paid my bills.

We didn't lay-off out West when we got rid of Home Depot. At least at any of the terminals that I had contact with. Very well could have in other areas though.

We didn't lay-off out West when we got rid of Home Depot. At least at any of the terminals that I had contact with. Very well could have in other areas though.

Retail and grocery warehouse accounts are BS...

If your not in and out in 15-20 minutes...then its is a loss of revenue as we could be picking up better paying freight elsewhere...the reason we got these accounts is they pay no money to speak of and evidently we were the cheapest bidder. Just freight for the sake of it.

Just like the Dollar General accounts...inside deliveries of shelving...two stores taking all day to deliver...no reasonable access to the stores...having to tailgate everything...a waste of time and resources...whoever sold this account needs to be re-trained as to what makes money and what does not....

Retail is the cheapest garbage freight on the planet...if it actually paid anything everyone would be clamoring for it...and we wouldn't have it.

One can only hope!!!...

Rat