Found in Corporate Recycle Bin..

I have a couple of Oakies talking behind me and they agree. All the company is trying to do is pit dock against drivers and drivers against line. As soon as they have everyone divided then they can remove pieces of the contract parts at a time and you will be left working for nothing.

Sure, this company tries the divide-and-conquer tactic all the time... nothing new for them.

Only... it ain't working any more. The employees finally got smart and figured out how they were being played.

Don't bother listening to those who suck off the corporate teat like tothecore... he's clearly a shining example of just how limp-wristed and ineffectual workers in this country have become. "Oh, God! Don't make ol' Massa Dave and Massa Ed angry, or they'll turn you out into the cold, with nothing to eat and no shelter!"

How are you going to pay your mortgage or your other bills inthe event of a strike and a shutdown? Go get another job. Will the union help? Sure... so long as you do a little to help yourselves.

They can only point they way... you got to take the first step.

While guys like tothecore are peeing down their legs in fear and taking what ol' Massa gives them, the real men and women... the real American workers, in other words... are going to stand up for themselves and not back down to corporate greed and bullying as personified by the like of the VP family.

We HAVE to stand up for ourselves, or they truly will own us, just like slaves picking cotton in the field.

Nobody... AND I MEAN NOBODY... owns me.

Well, except for my wife. But that's a different sad story... LOL!:biglaugh:

Hey Babes...

Thanks tothecore for another truly fabulous post. Sorry, I guess you ARE the guy in the black socks! Didn’t mean to offend! But, I did get a call from Mr. B. You’re on his list!
How much did it cost to sell his soul to the VP’s? One shinny Ford 4X4 FX4! Not that the VP’s gave him anything special for his reprehensible actions (other than looking the other way when he soaks up all the OT he can); he just needs to make his payment! Talk about sellin’ your soul for nothing! And he hopes we’re going to take his advice to heart! With this kind of twisted logic, I think NOT!
As far as losing my job, there are PLENTY of jobs. Even in this crap economy. If we have to take the turd of a contract that’s being discussed (and have to put up with Dolt!) IT ISN’T A JOB! IT’S CRAP! And I don’t take crap, I FLUSH IT! (Or save it for tothecore’s lunch!)
I like tothecore’s attitude though. Gives kids a real-life example of what a pushover is, like Casper Milquetoast. Benedict Arnold. Lost In Space’s Dr. Smith! If we had this amoeba’s lack of backbone in WWII, we’d be speaking a combo of German and Japanese now! (German would be fine for the VP’s. tothecore, no mater what you think about how your spying will elevate you in their scheme, you’ll always be the one going in the oven!)
If you think for one minute things are going to get better for you if you knuckle under and take their scabies riddled offer, just remember. The worms are next!
The funniest thing is the way the VP’s (and tothecore) make it sound. Like we’re being paid a King’s ransom! Not true! As far as Teamster Driver’s, we’re a lot closer to the bottom of the pay scale than the top. The average Teamster Warehouseman makes more than we do! (But then again, the warehouseman don’t have to get and keep a CDL, get fingerprinted, and pay through the nose for the privilege! Fun, fun fun!) Ask your boss. How is HE paid? They are paid better than their counterparts at other freight outfits. Of course, they’re worth it! Buying 12 new trucks and having them sit for a year. An expensive Zonar system that is largely unused. Paying drivers to spend time walking back and forth looking for keys for trucks IN A YARD SECURED TIGHTER THAN FORT KNOX! Hiring guys like Dolt whose only accomplishment in his tenure is getting everyone to hate him. Having the sales staff try to sell quality service to the paying customer (at a premium price) but not giving the same service to the drivers. Thinking that they have the upper hand in this struggle! (Guess what? There’s freight that needs to be shipped. Whether Oak, USF, UPS Freight, same dog different flea’s. So, they stop shipping with Oak due to a strike. That increases the business for these other freight outfits. They need drivers to do the extra work. So, they hire us. Guess what those other outfits WON’T need? Terminal managers, safety guys, district managers, etc! The funniset thing is when this happens, all these Yes-Men will be looking ot the VP's for guidance, then the VP's will show their true colors and sell THEM down the river! Get ready to sell that shiny new toy, Mr. District Mangeler!)
Top-notch management making sound, profitable decisions for sure! OOPPS! I guess they hired tothecore as their mouthpiece! I stand corrected! :biglaugh:

No the UNION would not find you other job. You would have to do that. And if you striked you won't have a job to come back to becuase it would be given to others who want to work not strike. and you won't be able to pay your mortgages or other things you need. Oak Harbor is prepared for a strike if need be and they will come out on top still be around and you won't. Regardless of what these other guys say about it. So be smart and protect your family. Yes, striking is scary. Union is only 40 % non union is 60 %. Any way good luck.
Yes, the union would help you find new work, they also will pay strike pay. I don't know where your %'s come from but I do know that Auburn and Portland are by a long shot the largest terminals in the network, it was my understanding that 50% of the employees worked out of these two barns. Not to mention five or six other union terminals Boise, Spokane ect. Without the footprint in these areas the rest of the network is useless and if you think there are a couple hundred city drivers sitting around that know the city's and the customers just waiting for an ad in the paper you are seriously misguided. Also I recommend flagging that ad on craigslist.

everyone is worried about having a job, and I agree. It is pretty scary not knowing how you are going to pay the bills. I worked for a company that the IRS came in and locked the doors 2 weeks before Christmas with 2 small kids in the house. My mom worked for Sears for 45 years with no retirement plan. She now lives on 1200 per month. Can you live on that???? Without our pension you can not retire. Do you want to work until you are 70?

If we all stick together, we can get through this. I don't think crossing the picket line would help anyone. Think about if after the strike was over, how everyone would treat you. Plus the fines, it's just not worth it. I think since they'll lose business right from the get-go, they won't need all of the drivers they currently have, but is that what they really want? Less than half of their regular business? They wouldn't be able to afford golf tournaments anymore...

Thats true...seems the weather was too nice to sit down and HELP hammer out a proposal...lets see

ED AND DAVES TO DO LIST:
1.Wake up
2.Church
3.Golf
4.Drive by and look at our corperate palace
5.Go to bed
10,524.Oh...call that guy about that paper
thingy..ya know..um...the contract for those
stupid teamsters...

A strike would kill O.H.

Fear, fear, fear... how much does it cost to sell your soul to the VP's, dude? They clearly own you.

As to the effectiveness of a strike?

It will be the death of Oak Harbor, plain and simple. And it won't take even two weeks, mark my words...

In this economy, it would be like throwing chum in the water! The sharks would come out and eat your customers! One can only hope that your owners are bluffing, its looks like there trying to get rich, while riding the company into the ground.....................

Hmmm...

After reading this tread started by LaLaLand, I have to say I really see how some Teamsters really are not teamsters. To try to attack someone whom you have no idea about is low. Try getting the facts before your make believe world sets in your train of thought and you really end up in LaLaLand. Hey, it's ok that people don't get along with me nor I have to get along with them. No problem. I like my black socks, didn't know I was there to impress you, and yea I like to work OT to pay for my new, actually over a year old now F150 FX4 4x4. It runs good. Still making payments! Also, yep, the VP's signed a check to me for hours I put in. You did too. If some of my colleagues don't like it, tuff. Harleydude1, thanks for backing me and for those who opposed, good for you. I view some good and bad from both the Teamsters and Oak Harbor. The one thing I do is voice my opinion to both parties whether either like it or not.