New Penn | frederick md

road hog

TB Lurker
Credits
So tonight I heard that someone said they are thinking of opening a terminal in Frederick Md. Anybody hear anything. If they did that would take away freight from 03 lose about 5 runs of city. I wonder how that would affect GHT shipments to say 09 or 26. I just hope they are not doing this like they did yellow. Those guys were told about opening a terminal in Hagerstown sold their houses and then told they decided not to open it.

Hey I can relate to this.
I'm a UPS Freight city driver from north central NY.
When we were Overnite,they decided to get a terminal going in Albuquerque New Mexico.
I checked everything out there via the chambers of commerece,and had two different families that were interested in buying my farm.
I put in for the transfer and was excepted.

two weeks later they said they decided against that plan.
Well I'm sure glad I didn't sell my farm.
But the people that wanted it were really ticked off.
A year later Overnite bought out Motor Cargo,and they had a terminal around there.
So you've really got to be careful what the company says they are going to do,and what they finally decide to do.
It can be two completely different issues.

that rumor has been at npme for as long as i've been at camp hill, either fredrick or hagerstown, i'll bet you a years worth of wages it ain't going to happen.think about it, why would they do it in first place? for all the freight that comes out of both places, it can be handeled from #03. were short on equip. at #03, yet you think ther'e going to open new terminal and put more or new stuff down there? when in the city i left hagerstown as late as midnight and freight still del. next day.

Yellow already had a terminal in Hagerstown for many years, and still does. It was the Change of Operations that was canceled, that would of made that terminal primarily a Premium Service Hub. No one sold their house prematurely, solely based on that assumption, because the bidding process did not even take place before Yellow pulled the plug on the COO.