XPO | free choice act

Details...details! What did they talk about?
It might be a touchy subject and the other mods might have to move this topic.

If i could whisper in your ear i could tell you, i have a hunch you all ready know.

If you whisper in my ear you better be ready for some hot steamy....just kidding. :hide:
I really have no clue, but I'm assuming it's going to err on the side of being a negative thing in the Con-way environment.

As everyone can see this is total damage control happening should it pass.

I see nothing wrong damage control, as long as you convey both the positive and negative aspects of it and how it fits the Con-way model. (it ain't gonna happen.)
However this is a voice the employees will finally have and Con-way can't bank on letting you have one along with a loaded gun. They want control and the bullets.

...my 2 assuming cents on this subject.

Our know-nothing, can't answer-nothing, and puppet for Marty, office manager always gives our communication meetings. He said the Employee Free Choice act was on the agenda for that day, but never said nothing about it. Nobody said nothing about it and it never even crossed my mind until I saw this thread.

Our know-nothing, can't answer-nothing, and puppet for Marty, office manager always gives our communication meetings. He said the Employee Free Choice act was on the agenda for that day, but never said nothing about it. Nobody said nothing about it and it never even crossed my mind until I saw this thread.

Would that be Steve???

Not a thing was said in our meeting.Matter of fact I don't recall what the meeting was about.Company progress-blah blah blah.Lean something something-blah blah blah.

I think we have a TM? I have not met him but I'm pretty sure I know who he is. He must be the one the usual butt-smoochers are trying to get in with.

Didn't hear anything about the EFCA yet in any meeting. Without turning this into a debate, it will be very interesting to follow Con-way's opposition to this legislation. I am personally against the bill, but there is a part of me that will love to see certain management people squirming once it is passed.

Thus far , it would appear , from the posts
regarding this topic , that this " SPEECH "
only happened at 1 SC .

Just4Thought

I found the sign-up sheet, laying on one of the tables in the break room.....

Had no idea whatsoever what it pertained to, so I ignored it.......

I'm sure, if it was important, someone will get with me, eventually.......or perhaps not, either way, I'm good with it....

I found the sign-up sheet, laying on one of the tables in the break room.....

Had no idea whatsoever what it pertained to, so I ignored it.......

I'm sure, if it was important, someone will get with me, eventually.......or perhaps not, either way, I'm good with it....

As long as the SHEET is " SIGNED " , that is
ALL that matters .

Just4Thought

The Monday Morning Meeting of two weeks ago was to include a communication to the employees asking for volunteers to write to their elected officials in Washington voicing their disapproval of the Employee Free Choice Act. Information was to be posted including a sample of the letter template available from the company.

Our location has the info posted but it was never communicated to anyone by anyone in management.

The Monday Morning Meeting of two weeks ago was to include a communication to the employees asking for volunteers to write to their elected officials in Washington voicing their disapproval of the Employee Free Choice Act. Information was to be posted including a sample of the letter template available from the company.

Our location has the info posted but it was never communicated to anyone by anyone in management.

That's a shame...Your SCM needs to get back-handed...we had 97% support in this endeavor, which doesn't include the 3% currently on long term LOA...nobody was forced, just told if they wanted to, drop by my office and I would be glad to assist...nothing to sign to say you were there..I expected about 60% to come in...once again, they fooled me...almost 300 letters sent... we will see how much good it does..