XPO | free choice act

Those fears/threats WILL be conveyed but are they prepared to follow through?

As I have told many over the years; "The U doesn't stand a chance in hell of even getting their foot in the door at Conway." However, the landscape is changing. Am not sure where I stand on this, but things at Conway have to change. How low will we go?

Sounds like a game of limbo. And just like the game, they will lower the bar until you, as in the employees, can go no lower. Then, and, only then, will they begin to raise it back up again. Either by choice, or by force. TE out....

When are you people going to say enough is enough with all the take backs, And stand up and fight corporate. I'm sure they are not finished with all the take backs.THEY ARE JUST WARMING UP.

It is clear that the 500 or so workers at CNW
realise they are far out numbered by the
20,000 or so in management . They also are
aware that all those in management could easily
step-down and perform those worker tasks .

Just4Thought

This thread is getting juicier by the minute.
I don't believe management can do a better job than their drivers for very long.

If they haven't done so already, the ones that have or had CDL's better start updating their CDL's, getting back ground and fingerprint checks, maybe join the apprentice program for a refresher course etc.

If you have a loud enough voice and make a heavy stand, you might just get a take-back given back before an all out war ensues.

Wow! The membership views in this one thread have gone way up.

Last time I checked.....

100% of the strikes, were instituted by Union strangled businesses.

Can't think of even one instance, where a non-union house went out on strike for some reason.

How would a non union house go on strike? There is no contract, nons are employees at will. They dont work, they get replaced. At the least, if the EFCA passes, even if your company is 100% against organizing, you gain because you have the leverage that you can go Union.

This thread is getting juicier by the minute.
I don't believe management can do a better job than their drivers for very long.

If they haven't done so already, the ones that have or had CDL's better start updating their CDL's, getting back ground and fingerprint checks, maybe join the apprentice program for a refresher course etc.

If you have a loud enough voice and make a heavy stand, you might just get a take-back given back before an all out war ensues.

Wow! The membership views in this one thread have gone way up.

Wow !

The above post might imply that CNW management
might not be prepared , capable , or " FORWARD
THINKING " .

That doesn't seem possible .

Just4Thought

I can see a single terminal being closed and reworked by the other local terminals. However, if a whole region went for the deck of cards wouldn't that cripple the system? It would have to be a major metropolitan region.

I know there are huge amounts of talk going on in my area because of all these takeaways. Management still has to talk to these so called lethal terminals and start putting out the small fires that have started.

If I was management, I would definitely be scared for the fact that an employee might be given a voice to choose which side he/she is on.
At this point and in my opinion, you're not quite trusted enough to have that voice.
You might end up playing 52 pick-up.

Does this mean that Six Sigma isn't working??

It is clear that the 500 or so workers at CNW
realise they are far out numbered by the
20,000 or so in management . They also are
aware that all those in management could easily
step-down and perform those worker tasks .

Just4Thought

I don't care who you are; That's funny!

they are not going to "freak out"......they are going to close your terminal. If enough terminals in your area go "u"., they will close that region. If enough centers go "u" they will close them all. If you are even "entertaining" any wishful thinking along other lines, you are not aware of the history of this company, or, listening to the "unstated" but painfully obvious hidden agenda coming out from the "Palace"......

if you were here, when they shut down CEX, or know anyone who was, you wouldn't even be contemplating a similar train-wreck.

To all involved with Con-way's future:
Please remember that during the CEX days share holders and customers alike were, to say the least very disgruntled with the company. I really cannot imagine the shutting down of any particular region without a very serious disruption of service which would severely diminish customer's confidence in Con-way. So, in conclusion, yes it may turn out to be a "train wreck" as you stated, but who would be the engineer creating the wreck? :duh:

Considering what Conway has done over recent years, I am wondering if they are off loading as much compensation as they can before the inevitable. It's almost as if they are inviting organization. Am not saying they planned this but I'll bet it's in some contingency plans.

I never thought about that angle, but it sure seems plausible.

Bankrupt , I was thinking the same thing you may have broken there secret code now everyone knows . But i truly believe something is up.

I suspect it is going to get even more intense, as it approaches reality.

I think they are only waiting for the the sting of their latest takeaways to subside. Then, "Let The Barrage Commence".

I think they are only waiting for the the sting of their latest takeaways to subside. Then, "Let The Barrage Commence".

they had better begin to at least consider some "damage control"....

because, around my place, if the cards were there tonite, they wouldn't have enough of them to go around...