Holland | Freeze buying new trucks ??

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Heard today that there is a Freeze on Buying New trucks for 2017 ??? anybody else heard any news about this ?? Sterling's maybe go till 2019 contract ??

OK, sorry I didn't consider that. I guess flapping your arms together to keep warm would also keep you awake.
Right on and your getting exercise, it's win win,....but brother I hear ya,I'm just as disgusted as you,especially when I see how they claim to be so environmentally caring,showing all these nice trucks in all their advertising, ridiculous to say the least

Well, I know they're still getting in new trailers. Saw a brand new Holland with a billboard back door roll into Detroit the other day.

Frankly, I don't think YRC can afford to freeze new equipment purchases. If there's one thing they don't need, it's more fines to pay for running ancient junk.

We will all get to pick a sterling as a parting gift in 2019, If there aren't enough to go around, Then you'll get a corn binder. I'm taking mine 31557 2004 INTL.Then I'm going to try and buy a lift gate trailer so I can visit all the foreclosure sales at homes that used to belong to teamsters. The ones with the sand in their hair...... Oh wait I was dreaming, We'll get a contract, get our money back, a raise, pension, dammit I'm still dreaming..........

RpihcgH.jpg

Yrc just gave us 60 mack pinnacles 2017

Well, I know they're still getting in new trailers. Saw a brand new Holland with a billboard back door roll into Detroit the other day.

Frankly, I don't think YRC can afford to freeze new equipment purchases. If there's one thing they don't need, it's more fines to pay for running ancient junk.
One thing I've learned over the years. You are not a person. You are only a number. A number can be deleted very easily'
Same with equipment. It's a tax write off. Both are expendable.

1O1bHXv.jpg

You saw this one too? The one with the Holland driver needing some dental work???

Nah, the one I saw crowed about the 100% company paid healthcare not being a myth.

You sure that's not your partner in crime?
Naw. We do have supplemental dental with CRST,that picks up anything our union insurance doesn't....At no cost to us also...

12 spd automatics 63 mph. Dont pull well going up hills
Automatics ? You gotta be kidding me. Is this to accommodate the new "Generation X" age 21 - 23 drivers that are incapable of using a manual shifter in their cars or pick-up trucks due the fact that a cell phone is always in one hand? Great. Now they can drive trucks one-handed, too. It is unusual to find any kid nowadays that knows how to drive a "stick". For that reason, I'm always looking for a deal on stick shift cars or pickups that just don't sell due to so many young drivers that won't buy them for the above reason (my 2 grand-daughters included). I found 2 good cars sitting in front yards, for sale, (both sticks) that the owners couldn't sell and dealers didn't want sitting on their lots (same reason). I bought both for a "steal". Very good cars, both with 5 speeds.

Automatics ? You gotta be kidding me. Is this to accommodate the new "Generation X" age 21 - 23 drivers that are incapable of using a manual shifter in their cars or pick-up trucks due the fact that a cell phone is always in one hand? Great. Now they can drive trucks one-handed, too. It is unusual to find any kid nowadays that knows how to drive a "stick". For that reason, I'm always looking for a deal on stick shift cars or pickups that just don't sell due to so many young drivers that won't buy them for the above reason (my 2 grand-daughters included). I found 2 good cars sitting in front yards, for sale, (both sticks) that the owners couldn't sell and dealers didn't want sitting on their lots (same reason). I bought both for a "steal". Very good cars, both with 5 speeds.

Snowflakes