Holland | Freeze buying new trucks ??

Is it like the holland freightliners where you can put it in manual mode and downshift sooner and do much better on hills?

There is a manual button but thats only to keep in a gear of your choosing. Lets say ur in 10th gear, u hit manual and it wont shift. It will stay in 10th until u hit the d button i believe. & the computer will take over shift normally

Automatics ? You gotta be kidding me. Is this to accommodate the new "Generation X" age 21 - 23 drivers that are incapable of using a manual shifter in their cars or pick-up trucks due the fact that a cell phone is always in one hand? Great. Now they can drive trucks one-handed, too. It is unusual to find any kid nowadays that knows how to drive a "stick". For that reason, I'm always looking for a deal on stick shift cars or pickups that just don't sell due to so many young drivers that won't buy them for the above reason (my 2 grand-daughters included). I found 2 good cars sitting in front yards, for sale, (both sticks) that the owners couldn't sell and dealers didn't want sitting on their lots (same reason). I bought both for a "steal". Very good cars, both with 5 speeds.
Henry those youngsters need a free hand for the phone

They do UPS macks are tags.
Rear axle driver adjustable air tag is good, Lead tandem axle automatic adjusting air tag bad.
The old Louisville Ford and later Sterlings were set up with driver controlled rear tag. Best tractors I ever drove on ice and snow. Never used or needed chains in my 16 years there.
Yellow's automatic adjusting lead tandem air tag was the worst. Getting stuck on level ice was not uncommon. No way to manually shift weight to drive axle. What Yellow drivers used to call "the cement mixer truck" Fords were the worst. Single axle cab-overs were next. Treacherous.

Rear axle driver adjustable air tag is good, Lead tandem axle automatic adjusting air tag bad.
The old Louisville Ford and later Sterlings were set up with driver controlled rear tag. Best tractors I ever drove on ice and snow. Never used or needed chains in my 16 years there.
Yellow's automatic adjusting lead tandem air tag was the worst. Getting stuck on level ice was not uncommon. No way to manually shift weight to drive axle. What Yellow drivers used to call "the cement mixer trucks" were the worst. Single axle cab-overs were next.
I agree sterlings and 15 freightliner is how it should be. This 16 that I'm temporarily driving is dangerous.

I agree sterlings and 15 freightliner is how it should be. This 16 that I'm temporarily driving is dangerous.
The Safety Dept. and the Purchasing Dept taking the time to ask the people that actually have to drive the equipment their opinions or suggestions on existing or planned road tractors would only be a common sense move to a safer fleet to benefit both company and drivers. They know better than anyone what works and what don't, especially in winter driving conditions.
But, yes I know, company big shots consider drivers all idiots that are expendable and "common sense" is something that doesn't exist in the corporate world. Both trucks and drivers are simply numbers.

RpihcgH.jpg

Yrc just gave us 60 mack pinnacles 2017
Sweet Deal for you guys , and we are still driving the old Sterling's !!

This used to be called "double clutching". I guess "gear-jammers" are now a disappearing breed. Sad.
Double clutching? how many clutch pedals do you have? I've learned to do without although, that left side brake pedal goes damn near to the floor.
I should probably write that up. Along with the right side turn signal. turn that on and the trailer brakes lock up.