TForce | freight dead?

You know how it works. You here it first on the boards and later it usually happens. Then we just act as surprised as the next guy.

Classicteez said:
you would think if this was to happen EVERYWHERE... "nation wide" There would have been a memo posted at all the barns.. Fact is just yesterday I was at the terminal and asked, they knew nothing of this.

Remember where you heard it first.:wacko:

southerngrits said:
I don't know about any where else but freight in GVL is gone compared to last year at this time.... has anyone heard anything good about when UPS will release some of that "promised" freight?

we're dying in the south.....

Think about this guy's, First of all, I did hear this from a reliable source,

#1.We are not going to open any flood gates, until our ontime delivery service is sound . We must protect the UPS brand.

2. sales is still being taught too sell freight.

3. Our sales staff is( or is going to be )taught to sell small packages.

4. We still need to get 100% online with the diad system.

5. The bugs still need to be worked out of the system with the diad's.

6. Rebranding is still in it's infancy.

7.Some of the equipment we have is being referrenced as relics as opposed to something that can get the job done.

8. MGNT,is being replaced on a regular basis and the MGNT.we have held on too still must be taught to conform to UPS standards .

9.There is no pressure put on sales dept. as of yet too sell because of what I have mentioned above.

10 The union to tend with (when and if it comes) will add to new work rules and monies. MGNT still has to learn.

11.To gain customer support when all that of what I have mentioned above is all said and done .

and there is more than this but I do not want too clutter all the free space jeff has left on his server.

Now untill this is all met, and we see that it work's like a WELL OILED MACHINE, then and only then, will you see FLOOD GATES opening.

This is what most UPS personell
have and is still saying , or anybody affiliated with the boards and UPS has been saying rite along .

This will take a good couple of years, Now throw in the stability of the economy, and that does not help iether.

But when the economy does get better, and our service does improve, and when we have met UPS'S standards, we will have hell to pay. The freight will be running us over......

And where are the horses.....:bananalama: :bananalama:

Accelerator said:

#1.We are not going to open any flood gates, until our ontime pickup and delivery service is sound . We must protect the UPS brand.

7.Some of the equipment we have is being referrenced as relics as opposed to something that can get the job done.

8. MGNT,is being replaced on a regular basis and the MGNT.we have held on too still must be taught to conform to UPS standards .

9.There is no pressure put on sales dept. as of yet too sell because of what I have mentioned above.

10 The union to tend with (when and if it comes) will add to new work rules and monies. MGNT still has to learn.

11.To gain customer support when all that of what I have mentioned above is all said and done .

and there is more than this but I do not want too clutter all the free space jeff has left on his server.

Now untill this is all met, and we see that it work's like a WELL OILED MACHINE, then and only then, will you see FLOOD GATES opening.

have and is still saying , or anybody affiliated with the boards and UPS has been saying rite along .

This will take a good couple of years, Now throw in the stability of the economy, and that does not help iether.

But when the economy does get better, and our service does improve, and when we have met UPS'S standards, we will have hell to pay. The freight will be running us over......

As I have said before "O" was a very laxed co. When the shat hit's the fan, and MGNT has been finally fixed as well as operation's. We will see the blunt of UPS, this is the reason why most brownies will say and I quote," I hate the union , but I would never work for UPS without one". One of these day's we will be saying the same thing. And as skeeter has said and I quote " Time will tell". The increase in payment from us in our bennies should tell you guy's that UPS is concearned about the bottom dollar, they do not care about us. I would consider this a wake up call........ And this has nothing to do with the union, ask the guy's at FDXF if they have seen some of what I have mentioned thus far.

Accelerator said:

#1.We are not going to open any flood gates, until our ontime delivery service is sound . We must protect the UPS brand.

I apolagize but it is our ontime PU&D service that must be improved, sorry for the error.

Accelerator said:

Excellent post Accelerator. I agree that UPS isin't gonna make any kind of a push until all aspects of UPSF are up to UPS standards

Accelerator said:

That about sums it up. Now can we just do our jobs and quit talking about it over and over and over:roll1:

Accelerator said:
We will see the blunt of UPS, this is the reason why most brownies will say and I quote," I hate the union , but I would never work for UPS without one".

they do not care about us. I would consider this a wake up call........ And this has nothing to do with the union, ask the guy's at FDXF if they have seen some of what I have mentioned thus far.

Hmmm....most brownies say they hate the Union that gets them the top wages, benefits and retirement in trucking? That's a new one.

As far as you saying that Companies don't care about their employees you're absolutely, 100% correct. Anyone who believes otherwise lives in a dream world.

I posted this on the wrong thread....Sorry

Hell Big O.. I'd like to move freight 500 miles next day service like M/C used too. With Big O in charge that is "impossible" only 2 and 3 day service unless you raise the cost to almost double what the others do it for. How to compete? Hmm lets move a trailer from Las Vegas Nv. to Fontanna Ca. and on to Dallas Tx. When we could move it From L.V. to Pho then to Dal saving fuel,labor,wear & tear and the freight gets there a day early......(saves over 400 miles)

Nope not in the master plan what a
cluster F***

Too those in Richmond

LOOK AT A MAP!

None of the items 1-11 posted here will ever be accomplishiled because Big O's mind is closed on all subjects. THEY WILL NOT LISTEN OR LEARN. UPS has to remove them all and replace them with peoples that are wiiling to listen,look and learn.

Good post Dreamer. It's the inbred good ole boy mind set. Hopefullly soon, (not soon enough) we will get people that actually know how to run this company. This company has trip over millions to make pennies. The only thing that I can say is that we keep doing our jobs the best we can and get along. It's not an ex "O" or "MC" employee issue. It's a management issue turning into a crisis. Time to show the old guard the door.

I saw that some of your terminals are slow and UPS is not releasing freight.
Just curious why instead of palletized freight Im now getting boxes and more residentials. Sounds like were becoming the big brown (and grey) trucks. Im a city driver and I use to have 13 stops and be full but now I have 20 and half full. Is this the type of freight UPS is after? Seems to me they are moving their volume parcel freight too us and not pursuing the large palletized freight.

Dreemer said:
I posted this on the wrong thread....Sorry

Hell Big O.. I'd like to move freight 500 miles next day service like M/C used too. With Big O in charge that is "impossible" only 2 and 3 day service unless you raise the cost to almost double what the others do it for. How to compete? Hmm lets move a trailer from Las Vegas Nv. to Fontanna Ca. and on to Dallas Tx. When we could move it From L.V. to Pho then to Dal saving fuel,labor,wear & tear and the freight gets there a day early......(saves over 400 miles)

Nope not in the master plan what a
cluster F***

Too those in Richmond

LOOK AT A MAP!

None of the items 1-11 posted here will ever be accomplishiled because Big O's mind is closed on all subjects. THEY WILL NOT LISTEN OR LEARN. UPS has to remove them all and replace them with peoples that are wiiling to listen,look and learn.

tHIS IS BEING DONE SLOWLY BUT SURELY!!!!!

stldude44 said:
Hmmm....most brownies say they hate the Union that gets them the top wages, benefits and retirement in trucking? That's a new one.

As far as you saying that Companies don't care about their employees you're absolutely, 100% correct. Anyone who believes otherwise lives in a dream world.

Alot of the brownies say just that, for whatever reason's they do is niether here nor there @ this point but they all agree they would not work for UPS without one!!!!!! I am sure if you talk you will hear the same..... Alot of us at UPSF has....:ontopic:

joefirm said:
I saw that some of your terminals are slow and UPS is not releasing freight.
Just curious why instead of palletized freight Im now getting boxes and more residentials. Sounds like were becoming the big brown (and grey) trucks. Im a city driver and I use to have 13 stops and be full but now I have 20 and half full. Is this the type of freight UPS is after? Seems to me they are moving their volume parcel freight too us and not pursuing the large palletized freight.

Most of the crap you are getting is crap either being sold because it pay's or someone through the grapevine heard UPS has a freight company and called for rate's . Otherwise look at my previous post..... A bout why there is no flood gates as of yet.....

Well we will be glad when UPS actually starts to manage this company and all of the old companies and their way of mgt or lack there of, just goes away. My hubby hired in under UPSF and was told he would average at least 2300 miles per week and he is lucky to get a 1000. He goes into the yard on Wed am to get loaded and doesnt leave out until Thursday night for a delivery scheduled on the following Monday. So no pay for Wed, Thurs, Friday, who can live on a two day work week? If things don't open up soon he will be forced to go back to OTR. :(