TForce | freight dead?

SusieRyder said:
Well we will be glad when UPS actually starts to manage this company and all of the old companies and their way of mgt or lack there of, just goes away. My hubby hired in under UPSF and was told he would average at least 2300 miles per week and he is lucky to get a 1000. He goes into the yard on Wed am to get loaded and doesnt leave out until Thursday night for a delivery scheduled on the following Monday. So no pay for Wed, Thurs, Friday, who can live on a two day work week? If things don't open up soon he will be forced to go back to OTR. :(

Is he UPSF Truckload?

I don't know how long they have, Iknow I can't live on less than 2000 miles a week solo. I hope it get's better for you guys.

There has to be more than meets the eye here.. a company the size and value of UPS isn't sitting with a blind eye here, Something is cooking on the back burner..

Lets see how far is this going to go with a 2000 mile week?
Take out State,& Federal taxes,Social Security.
Than whatever benefites your paying per pay period.

When all of these forced slices of pie are taken out.
Your likely to have a very small slice left.

Well the trucking industry has always had some slow periods so I hope this will change soon for all the guys and gals out there moving freight and other goods across this nation or their regions. No doubt the acquistions of other companies takes a while to get everything smoothed out too, so all we can do is wait and see, and not spend too much at the grocery store :)

Maybe now that the elections are over things in this country will smooth out?
I know that a lot of people get shook up with pending election times,and they'd rather hang onto their money instead of spending it.
Which really hurts our nations economy.
Hopefuly things will start moving now that all the voting is done.

Apostolic said:
Maybe now that the elections are over things in this country will smooth out?
I know that a lot of people get shook up with pending election times,and they'd rather hang onto their money instead of spending it.
Which really hurts our nations economy.
Hopefuly things will start moving now that all the voting is done.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDD OOOOOOOOOOOOnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,,,,, now that the Democrats are in office we are going for a ride to the extreme left side now.....

Does it really matter what party holds government offices?
Their all crooked,these politicians are like anybody else they just want to make all the money they can for themselves,than retire on a real sweet pension.
As far as their election platforms,most of them didn't say what they'd try to do for us,but how rotten the one they were running against was.
But now that the election has gone by.
Maybe our economy will start to pick up?
We can only hope.

We certainly hope the freight industry picks up real soon, for the past two weeks my hubby has only gotten 2 days of work each week. Paycheck really suffered..after deductions todays check was just over 400.00 last week a little over 500.00.:( well I am glad we have prepared for emergencies but we sure didnt expect such a dramatic slow down all of a sudden.