Yellow | "Freight Emergency" At CVE-218/RFO-257?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Local management has panicked and yesterday immediately "recalled" 50 dock workers from layoff due to a "freight emergency"! So many dock workers who haven't worked since December and before had taken "full layoff" that the only way YRC could get the backlog of freight worked was to "temporarily recall" enough "on call" employees to work the freight. Rumor has it that the local union agreed to immediate recall even though contract allows 14 day recall! I hope not many guys gave up decent jobs to come back "temporarily"!:flame:

My Friend talked to Ba today from 407 they are going to layoff a lot of drivers from cve the xtra board is not working I worked 1 day since the first of march.

good luck
xcsp

One question for you Cve/218 people...Who's stealing all the tractor keys and why?

Heard it was only the tractor keys to the "Roadway Trucks" so you were forced to take a "Yellow Truck", so guess they think they are getting back at management, because everything is going Roadway's way(so I keep hearing and reading in the posts), but all in all, they are just costing "US" money to replace them", which means less profits going towards the financial debt. I entered almost the same comment in another thread, check labels. Another yellow location just dumps all their keys into a box, not marked or tagged. Told just to grab and handful, and find which key goes to a tractor, which now cost's "US" money by paying everyone to run around the yard on the clock, searching for a tractor that the key in their hand fits too.:duh:

Local management has panicked and yesterday immediately "recalled" 50 dock workers from layoff due to a "freight emergency"! So many dock workers who haven't worked since December and before had taken "full layoff" that the only way YRC could get the backlog of freight worked was to "temporarily recall" enough "on call" employees to work the freight. Rumor has it that the local union agreed to immediate recall even though contract allows 14 day recall! I hope not many guys gave up decent jobs to come back "temporarily"!:flame:

I'm sorry to say, who ever was called yesterday, are about to get another call today-tomorrow to be layed off again. Sorry.

Keys

Heard it was only the tractor keys to the "Roadway Trucks" so you were forced to take a "Yellow Truck", so guess they think they are getting back at management, because everything is going Roadway's way(so I keep hearing and reading in the posts), but all in all, they are just costing "US" money to replace them", which means less profits going towards the financial debt. I entered almost the same comment in another thread, check labels. Another yellow location just dumps all their keys into a box, not marked or tagged. Told just to grab and handful, and find which key goes to a tractor, which now cost's "US" money by paying everyone to run around the yard on the clock, searching for a tractor that the key in their hand fits too.:duh:

Nope,
Both Yellow Tractors and Roadway Tractors had, and still do, have keys missing.

Makes you wonder why to hell we even have a contract! Its like the UU(useless union)can't do enough to try and get as many members screwed as they can. As far as the keys, if the brain cells were active in the morons that ordered the trucks, why not just a single key for all tractors, ignitions and locks. Know of a number of companies that do this and every driver's key works in every truck. Why am I driving a truck and not running this pos company?

Security......

A friend went into Ind. the other day and tried to remove his key but couldn't . Apparently the company is gluing the keys in the ignition . Where is the security in that idea ? They should assign all drivers a set of keys to solve this problem . Then if the keys go missing the driver is responsible and punished accordingly ( lettered ) . Good Luck Brothers !!

If it is for security than why is it different depending on which barn you are at. DEN is different for OKC. DAS is diffenent form STL. And so on and so on. Make up your minds and stick with it.

I guess that is a Yellow thing. At roadway we just let the keys in the trucks (At relays, Breakbulks, Secure City terminals.) We never worried about it.
Oh well, New company, New Ideals!

The rule of thumb at Yellow was , if the terminal was fenced with a gate leave the keys . No gate , remove keys . But even this didn't always apply . There should be consistency , but don't hold your breath .

Guys this is something that I'll let VWaggs address for himself. This thread will be closed until he can explain about the keys to you all. Please don't post key information in open forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.