Yellow | Freight Levels

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
653 Charlotte dock has been told volume is getting ready to ramp up and management is wanting to add 50 casual positions to work to full time. Are the other BB's planning the same?

New service is called Accelerated.With the Exact or Etime plan.If the freight didn't make it on time it's free.With Accelerated the company is hedging their bets.If the freight doesn't make the agreed shipping date and time the company still gets the freight charge but not all of the premium

We were told in a sales meeting with this roll out of the accelerated service, Yrcf has plans to eventually push the network to 120,000+ bills per day. Obviously not overnight, but apparently they have intentions to mirror Conway and Fedx frt. I guess this is the fruit of the execs they hired from those 2 companies. I have serious doubts about their ability to pull it off.

The whole thing is based on a premium price for service. There will not be all of the quote id numbers and such. CW and fed ex have always had their pricing reflecting good service, weather 1-2-3, or 4 days. The biggest challenge for yrc will be if they can make the service. It will not happen overnight, but 120,000 bills per day? Fed ex does about 110,000 now. I would think everyone reading this post will be long gone before yrc does 120 grand a day.

Dock Steward it sounds good and positive but can the mismanagement continue if they are to pull this off.
120k bills a day??? Looks like I gotta turn in my pup jockey job for a big box:wee:

If YRC can load the freight without it falling though the floor of the trailer, then get the unit into the shop to fix the lights and the air leak, then call a vendor to come repair the truck on the road, and then of course the driver will run out of hours and go to a hotel. Then maybe after a post trip inspection at the iron skillet Buffet to be sure all bacon is gone on, the following day. "the accelerated Freight" will show up, a day late. Yes we can!

Last edited:
2stB1Zp.jpg

Now don't throw too many things at me. I read this on the bathroom wall. To make things go smoothly you will have Conway merge with YRC, as their freight levels have fallen and the equipment is standard to good. A boss with more money then freight and wanting to get the best drivers money can buy, meaning YRC drivers. :hide:

If YRC can load the freight without it falling though the floor of the trailer, then get the unit into the shop to fix the lights and the air leak, then call a vendor to come repair the truck on the road, and then of course the driver will run out of hours and go to a hotel. Then maybe after a post trip inspection at the iron skillet Buffet to be sure all bacon is gone on, the following day. "the accelerated Freight" will show up, a day late. Yes we can!
Sounds like a good piolt script for a reality ltl trucking show, see if I can get Jerry Seinfeld on this fourm.

The whole thing is based on a premium price for service. There will not be all of the quote id numbers and such. CW and fed ex have always had their pricing reflecting good service, weather 1-2-3, or 4 days. The biggest challenge for yrc will be if they can make the service. It will not happen overnight, but 120,000 bills per day? Fed ex does about 110,000 now. I would think everyone reading this post will be long gone before yrc does 120 grand a day.

Someone needs to get a tighter grasp on reality!
From the YRC Worldwide Reports Fourth Quarter and Full-Year Results for 2015
YRC Freight
2015 2014 Percent Change
Workdays 61.5 61.5
Operating revenue (in millions) $ 733.7 $ 795.5 (7.8 )%
Operating income (in millions) $ (21.4 ) $ 24.5 NM (a)
Operating ratio 102.9 96.9 (6.0 )pp
Total tonnage per day (in thousands) 24.46 26.25 (6.8 )%
Total shipments per day (in thousands) 40.92 43.96 (6.9 )%
Revenue per hundredweight incl FSC $ 23.91 $ 24.30 (1.6 )%
Revenue per hundredweight excl FSC $21.48 $20.61 4.2 %
Revenue per shipment incl FSC $ 286 $ 290 (1.5 )%
Revenue per shipment excl FSC $ 257 $ 246 4.4 %
Total weight/shipment (in pounds) 1,196 1,194 0.1 %
So we're going to triple our bills per day? With one miraculous service offering, REALLY? A noble quest, but clearly well beyond our capabilities.

Now don't throw too many things at me. I read this on the bathroom wall. To make things go smoothly you will have Conway merge with YRC, as their freight levels have fallen and the equipment is standard to good. A boss with more money then freight and wanting to get the best drivers money can buy, meaning YRC drivers. :hide:
The chances of Con-Way merging with anti- union carrier is somewhere between are you serious? & where is my jug of Farrell Wine?

I want to be positive about this, Really I do but with all due respect I don't see it happening without more Drivers, More direct loading, And most likely another major change of ops. Allentown to Omaha in what? 2 or 3 days? Everyday? Tell of the new secret plans to bypass 309 management must (Must, Not does!) have because that's the only way this happens going east-west
As I said, Trying to be positive. God forbid someone out in Overland Park would think I'm a hothead, Hard head, Or whatever they try to make me out as!!! LOL!!

I want to be positive about this, Really I do but with all due respect I don't see it happening without more Drivers, More direct loading, And most likely another major change of ops. Allentown to Omaha in what? 2 or 3 days? Everyday? Tell of the new secret plans to bypass 309 management must (Must, Not does!) have because that's the only way this happens going east-west
As I said, Trying to be positive. God forbid someone out in Overland Park would think I'm a hothead, Hard head, Or whatever they try to make me out as!!! LOL!!

Don't worry LV, I'll set them straight about you if they call me. :lmao: :biglaugh: :hilarious: :hysterical:

We were told in a sales meeting with this roll out of the accelerated service, Yrcf has plans to eventually push the network to 120,000+ bills per day. Obviously not overnight, but apparently they have intentions to mirror Conway and Fedx frt. I guess this is the fruit of the execs they hired from those 2 companies. I have serious doubts about their ability to pull it off.
Just curious, did you actually hear someone say 120000 bills? I mean really, there had to be more than one snicker over that number.

120000 bills is what fed ex and XPO move daily with service times and pricing that mirror accelerated. Sales is after a piece of that pie that they can compete for with accelerated rates and service times. The portion of that 120000 shipments we get or keep will depend on our people doing it right.