ABF | Freight liner to layoff 936

But we have to keep doing it, Brother. The alternative will be worse if they can convince all of us that our votes don't matter. Last I checked, there were a lot more working people than there are billionaires and CEO's,........and they only get one vote apiece, same as you and I........and Joe, after he wins the powerball last night.......

They are doing their damnednest to convince us that we don't matter, so don't bother.....
Don't fall for that, Brother.........

Remember,.......while you're watching 10 minutes of "news" between 20 minutes of commercials,......who owns the media.

Oh definitely. I will vote as I have in all major elections I've been eligible to vote. I just really don't think any of the candidates we have before us will be the right choice.

Oh definitely. I will vote as I have in all major elections I've been eligible to vote. I just really don't think any of the candidates we have before us will be the right choice.
Good for you, Brother! Inertia is a hard thing to overcome, and when most people are convinced their actions have no results,....... inertia sets in.

There's no such thing as a dumb politician. They do dumb things occasionally,....... but generally they're pretty smart. You just have to determine who they think are more important.......the people, constituents,.... Or the people who pay for their campaigns.

Yeah, I think so, too. Funny how it always seems the economy gets rocky just prior to a presidential election. And with gas at $2.00 a gallon, those wizards on Wall Street really have to extend themselves to make those of us on Main Street feel the so-called "pinch".....

Yeah, I think so, too. Funny how it always seems the economy gets rocky just prior to a presidential election. And with gas at $2.00 a gallon, those wizards on Wall Street really have to extend themselves to make those of us on Main Street feel the so-called "pinch".....
Yep...the market was 'ripe' for a correction. Whenever this happens, I think of that scene in 'Caddyshack' when Rodney Dangerfield's stock broker calls him while he's on the golf course. The exchange of dialogue is priceless!! A must see....always makes me laugh.

If you don't think that this country will be in another recession within the next 3 years you need to take off the blinders

If you don't think that this country will be in another recession within the next 3 years you need to take off the blinders
Unlike the last one, oil isn't $150/barrel now. Nor is it likely to be in the near future. Yes, the oil companies have backed way off on the fracking thing due to oversupply in the market right now. But, that infrastructure is already in place, and wouldn't take much to turn on the spigot and let 'Niagra' flow again. The Middle-Eastern 'kingdoms' know this too. And, with Iran getting ready to enter the crude oil market again, the question now is how LOW will oil go.

I get a kick out of the oil industry and their cry-baby diatribes about job losses. Not one tear was shed when the timber industry went belly-up here out West decades ago...and the downturn in the timber industry can be blamed on the Federal Government, whereas this oil downturn is market-driven.

What pisses me off about the oil market is that the economy got a cold when oil was at $150 a barrel, now that it's as low as it is, the economy suffers yet again because the price is TOO LOW! So we have to be like Goldilocks and find the 'just right'? Give me a break!
In the long term Americans will find that we now have more disposable income in our pockets and will start to spend more. That should start up as soon as we fill 'er up for the first time, particularly when the oil man stops out front. "Got a little change in my pocket going ching a ling a ling" and a trip to that restaurant I used to frequent is in order! And it should be a double whammy when we go shopping and the fuel surcharge is missing from our purchases, maybe we'll even see some price relief at the grocery store (not holding my breath on this one but hey, who knows). And don't forget, oil is used in a whole lot of other things like plastic pellets (what ain't made of plastic anymore?) and things you don't even think of. Now, here's a hot tip for you, those companies that use oil for manufacturing their products already have high oil prices built into their products for the next quarter so you might want to pick up a little E I Dupont or Dow Chemical because they should report higher earnings on that savings this cycle. Learn how to play the game and the cycles a little and it can help you in the long run.

What pisses me off about the oil market is that the economy got a cold when oil was at $150 a barrel, now that it's as low as it is, the economy suffers yet again because the price is TOO LOW! So we have to be like Goldilocks and find the 'just right'? Give me a break!
Agree, song. The effects of the 'Great Recession' are still fresh in the minds of a lot of people, myself included. The wife and I don't live an extravagant lifestyle, but we're comfortable. We still 'watch' our spending (although I'm guilty of buying a glazed donut on my way to work occasionally), and don't drive anywhere unnecessarily. I was on layoff for 6 months in 2006, and 5 months in 2008, and then had my hours severely reduced in 2009, but we made it through. Seven years later, we've arrived at 'the other side' of that mess, one daughter has a Masters Degree, the other about to get her undergrad degree. Have faith...somehow it all works out.

Seven years later, we've arrived at 'the other side' of that mess, one daughter has a Masters Degree, the other about to get her undergrad degree. Have faith...somehow it all works out.
Congratulations on that :clapping: I do hope those youngsters remember all that you did for them later in life when you could use some help.