Freight picking up

JLKKLJ777

TB Lurker
Credits
It seems freight for you guys is picking up lately. Each Thursdsay night I am asked to help line haul after I drop the Miami load. 2 out of 3 times I have declined (had plans). Is Camp Hill going to call some of their laid off workers back?

I do not mind helping out once in a while but Eastern drivers should not be used to keep NEMF drivers on unemployment.

Doing my part to help get the word out to my Cousins on the NEMF side.

I go to HBG every night and it's not picking up for me. I'm supposed to turn back out of there but got layed over Monday/Tuesday and the rest of the week had to wait longer than normal for my load. It picked up for about a week for me a couple weeks ago, but that's all.

well while im doing p&d the freight has increased nothing to crazy but it has picked up for over 2 weeks now here at 52...dispatch is running guys all over since the term is doing more with less guys....but isn't that the only way companies operate anymore?

I guess it is not steady then.

I just figured that they must be having some driver shortages if they want me to run to S Plainfield and back to Camp Hill on Thursday nights. My wife and I run dedicated line haul from Camp Hill to Miami and back twice a week and normally go home for 12 to 14 hours Thursday night.

While we can use the extra money I would rather see a laid off NEMF driver given a shot at going to S Plainfield Thursday nights.

Will keep you guys posted as to where and when Line Haul wants "help."

This past Thursday we did go to Hagerstown Md and back to Camp Hill but line haul tried to change the plan at the last minute and send us to Washington instead. We declined and went to Hagerstown but then they wanted us to "help" more when we got back at 0300. Give em an inch and they want a mile it seems!

I hope freight levels pick up soon. I am city driver at Camp Hill and been laid off since the end of Feb.

I hope freight levels pick up soon. I am city driver at Camp Hill and been laid off since the end of Feb.

That stinks dude. Any chance of running line haul for them?

Be sure to check with your union rep and mention that line haul is asking Eastern to run loads out of Camp Hill. Not fair to you guys that are laid off.

don't know haven't been in contact with hardly anyone at the terminal. I gonna give it a couple of more weeks and see what happens. I probally call the TM in May and see whats up.

The system is backed up, not enough drivers to cover loads, they won't let us bring drivers back and they are forcing people to work this weekend.

The system is backed up, not enough drivers to cover loads, they won't let us bring drivers back and they are forcing people to work this weekend.

We just rolled in from Miami. Camp Hill yard is filled completely with trailers. Trailers are being dropped in front of the shop and double stacked nose to tail at the ends of rows.

Of course we were asked to run line haul to Hagerstown Md and back again tonight but we declined.

The wife heard the office dispatchers talking about too many loads and not enough drivers tonight. Sounds like someone needs to call back the laid off NEMF drivers and fast.

Jason

I see you posting here now. Everyone is afraid Yellow is going to fold up.They are cutting each others throats to get their customers. If freight gets stuck in their system it can be lost for weeks.

i just read a posting at my temr last night asking if anybody can work this weekend..freight is picking up...only because their doing the smaller added volume of reight as of late but not having all the drivers back..bad move..we cant afford to not deliver freight due to not wanting to pay for guys to come back...will cost more in the end..so i say to the suits take notice.....more drivers needed......

i'm a little suspicious on why if freight levels are picking up and their backed up loads nemf is not bringing back the laid off drivers..makes no sense..unless things are worse than we know...problem here is this is a private company,and done never knows

I see you posting here now. Everyone is afraid Yellow is going to fold up.They are cutting each others throats to get their customers. If freight gets stuck in their system it can be lost for weeks.

I believe I have a vested interest in keeping our NEMF division as strong as possible. If I can get the word out about this freight imbalance at Camp Hill directly to the drivers they may be able to contact their terminal managers and get some of their brothers back on the pay roll.

The time to step up is now. The Shevell group can take advantage of the competitions mistakes through ramping up our driver force to accomodate the additional freight and improving transit times.

Service is KING in todays market place.

On a side note I have noticed quite a few Transport America trailers at the Camp Hill yard. This may be a further example of Camp Hill outsourcing many loads due to a lack of drivers.

are you that naive and think THE POWERS THAT BE DONT KNOW THEY ARE BACKED UP????

of course they know..the director reports daily to the vice president on l/h activities....

and of course they are tryn to take advantge of YRC , but so is everyone else..and need i remind u......yrc is still alive...nemf's biggest problem is home depot but unfortunately is their biggst customer as well

15 loads sitting at 68 nobody to move them. Whats gooing on with line haul? We standing around in the moring waiting for trl come in They all show up at the same time with 70 -80 bills on them. We leaving the termial at 10:30 with 8-10 stops. We don't finish delivering until 4pm. Than we start runing all over the place trying to make pick up. They can't handle what going on now & they want more freight!

are you that naive and think THE POWERS THAT BE DONT KNOW THEY ARE BACKED UP????

of course they know..the director reports daily to the vice president on l/h activities....

and of course they are tryn to take advantge of YRC , but so is everyone else..and need i remind u......yrc is still alive...nemf's biggest problem is home depot but unfortunately is their biggst customer as well

Nope not naive at all my friend. Trying to motivate laid off drivers to call their terminals and try to get back in. Sometimes it is the driver that stays in contact with their former boss that gets the call to come back. It seems they need more night time drivers right now so a flexible laid off driver might be able to step into an opening.

Get enough drivers calling in and maybe someone will actually listen.

management

dont you know by now how upper management thinks???? we wait till the freight is piled up to the roof before we listen to the people who actually have to move it that we need more PEOPLE!!!!!