Yellow | Freight slow everywhere???

profjt

TB Lurker
Credits
Is freight really this slow everywhere? A large group of our bid drivers aren't getting out regular. I've got 60 people below me on the extra board. And I haven't gotten out since last Thursday. I really feel for all of the Probationaries that were recently hired. As well as those behind me. I was getting out 3 to 4 times a week until about a week and a half ago.

yo...

the talking heads on cnbc are saying the christmas rush this year is a slow build because retailers are delaying purchasing products because of gift cards being redeemed after christmas.......

in my regular lane loads are a little light but, are steadily gaining in weight....

next week is usually the busiest in the year...

we'll see.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

havnt moved since 10/8 here in col proftj
col just laidoff up to 115 on the xtra brd
ive heard all year to holdon its gonna bust loose anyday now/ now all im hearingis holdon!!!!

The east is AFU too.... they refuse to cancel the bids in the end of the lines and run these guys with 0-0 to chase freight thus taking work away from the breaks...the Brad Jones legacy lives on....Rails are heavy coming out of GDE-SCA-LOS and ONG. For the last two weeks we've had somebody running rails for a tour of duty every day.

ghostrider said:
haven't moved since 10/8 here in col proftj
col just laid off up to 115 on the xtra brd
ive heard all year to holdon its gonna bust loose anyday now/ now all im hearingis holdon!!!!

Ghostrider,
I'm out of Col also. I called in last night and asked about rumors of some guys laid-off.
I was told by a certain dispatcher that there were 6 laid-off. So lets see thats.......the 4 new probies and 2 others....himmmmm...kind of anemic isn't it?

I am too busy running my OCL bid out of ATL to even notice.....causals are working, so I guess it is going OK....ATL has 219 on its board!....KK

yo kk....

ATL needed my expertise to run to MEM the other morning instead of straight home.....

MEM needed me to run MEM-NSH-STL instead of straight home this morning........

i wish you southern guys would do your own gravy runs so i could keep punishing myself running STP (i love the pain)..........

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; ATL's routing sheet for ATL to MEM was absolutely perfect, only got lost in birmingham and bessemer for 2 hours trying to find the right us78 exit....

MIKEEEEE said:
yo kk....

ATL needed my expertise to run to MEM the other morning instead of straight home.....

MEM needed me to run MEM-NSH-STL instead of straight home this morning........

i wish you southern guys would do your own gravy runs so i could keep punishing myself running STP (i love the pain)..........

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; ATL's routing sheet for ATL to MEM was absolutely perfect, only got lost in birmingham and bessemer for 2 hours trying to find the right us78 exit....

Glad you enjoyed some of that Southern Gravy Mikkeee!.......KK