ABF | Freight Teamsters: Time To Unite For The 2013 Contract!

Freight Teamsters: Time to Unite for the 2013 Contract | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
There is persistent talk that ABF will again demand to pull out of Teamster pension plans.

I was wrong about that, I didn't think ABF could be that stupid again. But ABF is not stupid. ABF knows a strike is out of the question while talks continue and continue and continue. ABF couldn't be that stupid to stop pension contributions because that would be cause for a strike. Given ABF asked for just a wage cut and not a pension cut in the last giveback vote..it's an even bet any wage increase if any will be redirected to the pension on their behalf :coffee1:
All unions and pensions are under attack due to the fact millions of people are jobless and the economy sucks. This won't change until Obama the job killer is ousted

Freight Teamsters: Time to Unite for the 2013 Contract | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

I was wrong about that, I didn't think ABF could be that stupid again. But ABF is not stupid. ABF knows a strike is out of the question while talks continue and continue and continue. ABF couldn't be that stupid to stop pension contributions because that would be cause for a strike. Given ABF asked for just a wage cut and not a pension cut in the last giveback vote..it's an even bet any wage increase if any will be redirected to the pension on their behalf :coffee1:
All unions and pensions are under attack due to the fact millions of people are jobless and the economy sucks. This won't change until Obama the job killer is ousted

Now I know,you sure must have loved George Bush,to bad he could not run again ,you be in the bread line for sure.
Teamster forever (Retired)

its funny how now yrc needs abf teamsters to unite .when ibt and yrc treated abfers l

I'm in the bread line 3 1/2 years after Bush left. By that you mean a strike is possible?

its funny how now yrc and the ibt needs abf teamsters to unite . when the ibt treated abf like the red headed stepchild i thought they said we are not part of the contract,so thats why they gave yrc all the brakes and abf has no say .but now we are in the same contract.i wish some one can make up there minds ???????

its funny how now yrc and the ibt needs abf teamsters to unite . when the ibt treated abf like the red headed stepchild i thought they said we are not part of the contract,so thats why they gave yrc all the brakes and abf has no say .but now we are in the same contract.i wish some one can make up there minds ???????

There was a lot of confusion about ABF's connection to the NMFA and why Tyson treated ABF like the red headed stepchild. What I concluded from what links I read on TB was that ABF bargained with Tyson (TNFINC) to wiggle out of the NMFA and undo the the premium teamster pension to replace it with a sub-par company plan. ABF failed miserably. Tyson forced ABF to sign 'the me too' that forced ABF to honor the the terms of the NMFA with a few side agreements that allowed ABF to take advantage if YRC should exit the game. I believe one side agreement was to let ABF have their own sub-par company pension plan if YRC was knocked out.

This would give ABF every incentive to knock out YRC..that too has failed miserably. This is not to say YRC would not do such a thing to ABF if given the opportunity. I got to say I learned how loyal and dedicated the ABF teamsters are to the mother company and look the other way under such circumstances and denounce vehemently any criticism of this great company. How well ABF rewards this loyalty and hard work remains to be seen. The 3 decades I have in the industry has taught me there is no such thing as a company being loyal to employees regardless of how profitable they may be.

Take the UAW, AT&T and Verizon. The UAW was cut to shreds by government and big automakers. Big AT&T and Verizon unions are working without a contract with more big cuts facing union employees. AT&T and Verizon made billions in profit. This is not to say ABF should or will get hit. That's the IBT and the ABF teamsters call.

There is and always was one NMFA..thank TJ for that. Call TJ today and say 'thank you TJ'..
why don't you?​

There was a lot of confusion about ABF's connection to the NMFA and why Tyson treated ABF like the red headed stepchild. What I concluded from what links I read on TB was that ABF bargained with Tyson (TNFINC) to wiggle out of the NMFA and undo the the premium teamster pension to replace it with a sub-par company plan. ABF failed miserably. Tyson forced ABF to sign 'the me too' that forced ABF to honor the the terms of the NMFA with a few side agreements that allowed ABF to take advantage if YRC should exit the game. I believe one side agreement was to let ABF have their own sub-par company pension plan if YRC was knocked out.

This would give ABF every incentive to knock out YRC..that too has failed miserably. This is not to say YRC would not do such a thing to ABF if given the opportunity. I got to say I learned how loyal and dedicated the ABF teamsters are to the mother company and look the other way under such circumstances and denounce vehemently any criticism of this great company. How well ABF rewards this loyalty and hard work remains to be seen. The 3 decades I have in the industry has taught me there is no such thing as a company being loyal to employees regardless of how profitable they may be.

Take the UAW, AT&T and Verizon. The UAW was cut to shreds by government and big automakers. Big AT&T and Verizon unions are working without a contract with more big cuts facing union employees. AT&T and Verizon made billions in profit. This is not to say ABF should or will get hit. That's the IBT and the ABF teamsters call.

There is and always was one NMFA..thank TJ for that. Call TJ today and say 'thank you TJ'..
why don't you?​
Your the one that bows to zollars. And the Texass Turncoat not us ABF Teamsters. When you say TTT would not let ABF have a sub par pension then why did he allow yrc to give their loyal Teamsters one? Remember you said this in your many off the wall zollars loving post. So now that you have came out and said it why did tyson give yrc a break and not ABF? Smells BAD! But hey we have money in the bank and a potential huge paying lawsuit pending. Let's see where that goes. YOUR PENSION PAYING BROTHER ALWAYS!

why don't you?​

That's all you have to say in this post of yours is..."I believe"..."what I concluded" and "ABF failed miserably". So...I have "come to the conclusion" that all you want to do is come here and continually talk crap on ABF and "I believe" that your reason for doing it for the simple fact that you have always despised ABF and the ABF Teamsters since your working days and you really enjoy stirring things up over here by doing so.

Now...if any of us ABFers were to call TJ and thank him for anything...it would be to thank him for lying to us! So...why don't you post a big Thank You on our forum thanking the ABF Teamsters for your continuing pension?

By the way...why aren't you posting on the YRC forum anymore and just flooding the ABF forum with your posts condemning ABF and the ABF Teamsters? I'll tell you why...because they don't want your sorry ass over there no more...do they?
watching%20you.gif

That's all you have to say in this post of yours is..."I believe"..."what I concluded" and "ABF failed miserably". So...I have "come to the conclusion" that all you want to do is come here and continually talk crap on ABF and "I believe" that your reason for doing it for the simple fact that you have always despised ABF and the ABF Teamsters since your working days and you really enjoy stirring things up over here by doing so.

Now...if any of us ABFers were to call TJ and thank him for anything...it would be to thank him for lying to us! So...why don't you post a big Thank You on our forum thanking the ABF Teamsters for your continuing pension?

By the way...why aren't you posting on the YRC forum anymore and just flooding the ABF forum with your posts condemning ABF and the ABF Teamsters? I'll tell you why...because they don't want your sorry ass over there no more...do they?
watching%20you.gif

Oh nooo!! Here he goes a-gain with the prostitution attorney cross examination act. Man, you are one psychiatric mess.
crazy.gif
You are starting to worry me. really. Be careful you don't poke yourself in da eye. Okay I'm gonna leave you alone. You're under a lot of stress. I can understand that, I don't want to see you have a total melt down. I come to this forum for a variety of reasons. The laughs mainly. I crack up reading your stuff..you are one funny dude. This is where the action is with the ABF vote coming down the pike. I learned a lot about the culture of ABF the company and employees, intresting..very interesting indeed. The YRC forum is a little boring now that all the voting is done for awhile and they are still trucking..but I still check in there now and again to see what's up.

So please Docker, stop with the going from forum to forum buttin in, buttin heads, name calling and saying unkind things to people and get the help you need. There are medications, million dollar pills for anxiety, bipolar disorders and other psychiatric conditions. it won't cost you anything but time. Take a sick day from work. Take a day off at TB. Get well..stay well. ABF needs you on the dock

they won't dare let you on the street
with your personality

Oh nooo!! Here he goes a-gain with the prostitution attorney cross examination act. Man, you are one psychiatric mess.
crazy.gif
You are starting to worry me. really. Be careful you don't poke yourself in da eye. Okay I'm gonna leave you alone. You're under a lot of stress. I can understand that, I don't want to see you have a total melt down. I come to this forum for a variety of reasons. The laughs mainly. I crack up reading your stuff..you are one funny dude. This is where the action is with the ABF vote coming down the pike. I learned a lot about the culture of ABF the company and employees, intresting..very interesting indeed. The YRC forum is a little boring now that all the voting is done for awhile and they are still trucking..but I still check in there now and again to see what's up.

So please Docker, stop with the going from forum to forum buttin in, buttin heads, name calling and saying unkind things to people and get the help you need. There are medications, million dollar pills for anxiety, bipolar disorders and other psychiatric conditions. it won't cost you anything but time. Take a sick day from work. Take a day off at TB. Get well..stay well. ABF needs you on the dock

they won't dare let you on the street
with your personality

LOL...you leave me alone...now that is funny...I would expect as much coming from your arrogant conceited hateful ass! There's nothing I like better than getting you frustrated to the point you have to run to the mods for relief because you can't take it no more after trading insults.You always start something you can never finish...you either go crying to the mods because you can't take it no more and hope they close the thread so not to hurt that delicate ego of yours or if they won't come to your aide...you just run away. There's noting better that you would like than to see a couple of ABF threads closed...that would actually get you off and that is what you are trying to get accomplished here ...right? You leave me alone...lol...you are nothing but a hateful crybaby!
crybaby2.gif
That can dish it out but can't take it!

So...you see...I'm just letting you know that when you come to our home talking your hateful crap about ABF and the ABF Teamsters...I'm going to be on you like stink on crap...
watching%20you.gif

The YRC forum is a little boring now that all the voting is done for awhile and they are still trucking..but I still check in there now and again to see what's up.

You neglected to mention just why the YRC forum is boring for you right now...it's the fact that they are ignoring your posts...that's why! Face reality Joey...your own people don't want anything to do with you!!!!! After all...that's what I would be doing except for the fact that I can't just sit by while you come to our home talking trash on ABF and the ABF Teamsters.

Joey...The title of this thread is Freight Teamsters: Time To Unite For The 2013 Contract! So...as much displeasure and contempt that you have for the ABF Teamsters...just why in the hell are you even replying to a thread that talks about a time for Teamsters uniting?
watching%20you.gif

So...you see...I'm just letting you know that when you come to our home talking your hateful crap about ABF and the ABF Teamsters...I'm going to be on you like stink on crap...
watching%20you.gif

The only home you're going to have, to own for the rest of your life is the home they send you to. The home with the 1 room padded locked door. No windows, no TV, no radio, nothing to read. Just a bunk and a toilet.
vulcan.gif

Hello everyone. I come here seeking knowledge about the industry I worked in for the past few years but have now, today and every day a gnat in my face that is the reason for off topic distractions. Anybody out there got a gnat trap to catch the little bugger? I hope to read all the interesting facts you guys/gals jot down on here and wish you well. Slap/swat..okay I got it. Gnat down
VebrzA3rbQQxhTRPptdOJiGN2Es.gif

The only home you're going to have, to own for the rest of your life is the home they send you to. The home with the 1 room padded locked door. No windows, no TV, no radio, nothing to read. Just a bunk and a toilet.
vulcan.gif

Hello everyone. I come here seeking knowledge about the industry I worked in for the past few years but have now, today and every day a gnat in my face that is the reason for off topic distractions. Anybody out there got a gnat trap to catch the little bugger? I hope to read all the interesting facts you guys/gals jot down on here and wish you well. Slap/swat..okay I got it. Gnat down
VebrzA3rbQQxhTRPptdOJiGN2Es.gif

You do not come here seeking knowledge about the industry at all...you just come to trash ABF and the ABF Teamsters. Read all you want but remember this...when you start the trash talk...I will be there!
watching%20you.gif

You do not come here seeking knowledge about the industry at all...you just come to trash ABF and the ABF Teamsters. Read all you want but remember this...when you start the trash talk...I will be there!
watching%20you.gif

Many of your followers/fans see you as a teamster legend, Docker. Ranking right up there with Hoffa Sr. But like Hoffa you have to die first to become a legend. When may we expect this passing into martyrdom of the greatest martyr ever to wear an ABF hat? Or do you first want to lead all ABF teamsters to
the greatest 2013 contract ever? :grouphug:

why don't you?​
Well since we are giving opinions let me join in. I think johnson and hoffa really screwed the freight Teamsters. But they really laid the pipe to the yrc Teamsters. They allowed yrc to purchase Holland, Roadway and New Penn on the employees backs.
That's right the yrc Teamsters will have given more back than Yellow paid for all those companies combined. And in the process they will have destroyed any hope that the yrc Teamsters may have had of ever retiring.
They frightened them into voting to take away money from their families. They were forced to RE VOTE WHEN THEY VOTED THEIR BELIEFS. Do you remember when New Penn voted no and yrc told them to re vote and to vote yes or they would be closed and yrc would take their business?

I don't remember ever seeing where the IBT or yrc opened their books to the yrc Teamsters for them to see for themselves. You praise them that have ***** thousands of Teamsters and you feel no SHAME!
Zollars destroyed thousands of lives and just because you were lucky enough to get out before the cuts and shame you rub those that were less fortunate noses in it. By you coming here and bragging about the great zollars and johnson you are disrespecting those that are SCREWED.
I find your post very hurtful to those yrc Teamsters that will suffer many times over because of what zollars and johnson allowed to take place but you hail them. That alone speaks volumes about your loyalty to the Teamster Brotherhood.
You spew off at the mouth and say this and that about ABF but yet you post no proof just your take on what happened. Well here is what I know yrc screwed and is still screwing the Teamsters that work there.
We the ABF Teamsters are still being paid the full rate and our pensions are still being paid. We do not go to work every day wondering if this could be our last day. We have newer equipment to drive not because they have to do that(just look at what yrc makes their Teamsters drive) But because they do. Are they a business? Damn straight they are.. Will they always look out for the company's best interest? Yes they will. Did they try and better their profit margin by getting us to vote a give back? Yes they did. But they did not ROB AND **** US!

They came right out and said that the money would not go to discounts but rather it would go back into the company's coffers. Which is what yrc(hence the lenders) is doing but they won't admit it. So when you post about ABF you sound so stupid. You a (Teamster from a company that has destroyed thousands of lives and has shown not one spark of decency in the manner in which they treat their Teamster employees. I just hope when people see your post that they see them for what they really are BS! YOUR ASHAMED OF YOU BROTHER ALWAYS!

there was a lot of confusion about abf's connection to the nmfa and why tyson treated abf like the red headed stepchild. What i concluded from what links i read on tb was that abf bargained with tyson (tnfinc) to wiggle out of the nmfa and undo the the premium teamster pension to replace it with a sub-par company plan. Abf failed miserably. Tyson forced abf to sign 'the me too' that forced abf to honor the the terms of the nmfa with a few side agreements that allowed abf to take advantage if yrc should exit the game. I believe one side agreement was to let abf have their own sub-par company pension plan if yrc was knocked out.

This would give abf every incentive to knock out yrc..that too has failed miserably. This is not to say yrc would not do such a thing to abf if given the opportunity. I got to say i learned how loyal and dedicated the abf teamsters are to the mother company and look the other way under such circumstances and denounce vehemently any criticism of this great company. How well abf rewards this loyalty and hard work remains to be seen. The 3 decades i have in the industry has taught me there is no such thing as a company being loyal to employees regardless of how profitable they may be.

Take the uaw, at&t and verizon. The uaw was cut to shreds by government and big automakers. Big at&t and verizon unions are working without a contract with more big cuts facing union employees. At&t and verizon made billions in profit. This is not to say abf should or will get hit. That's the ibt and the abf teamsters call.

there is and always was one nmfa..thank tj for that. Call tj today and say 'thank you tj'..
Why don't you?​

BS! Bs! Bs!

ABF Agrees to Match NMFA | Teamsters for a Democratic Union
January 30, 2008: As expected, ABF management has signed a "me-too" to be bound by the National Master Freight Agreementt (NMFA).
The ABF me-to means we will retain a united freight contract. This outcome was never really in doubt. The International Union said all along that it would hold ABF to the NMFA—just like it did when other companies including Yellow tried to break away.

The International Union cynically tried to take advantage of member’s opposition to ABF’s attempted pension grab by telling ABF Teamsters to send a message to the company by voting for concessions in the proposed National Master Freight Agreement.

That concessionary offer is still out for a vote. If it is rejected, then Teamsters at both Yellow-Roadway and ABF can send our negotiators back to the table to win improvements. That would send a real message to management that we are determined to defend our union standards in freight.

Lessons of the ABF Showdown

ABF wanted to break out of our national contract and benefit plans. They failed.

The lesson of the ABF showdown is clear: Just because a corporation wants a separate and substandard deal doesn’t mean we have to give in.

ABF Quits TMI, Goes After Your Pension

August 23, 2007: In August, ABF pulled out of Trucking Management Inc. (TMI), which bargains the National Master Freight Agreement, to bargain separately.

ABF management has let it be known for some time that they would split. ABF CEO Bob Davidson earlier stated that he wants to pull out of Teamster pension plans and force ABF employees into a 401(k).

We need to let him know this isn’t going to happen: ABF always has been part of the NMFA and always will be.
ABF Quits TMI, Goes After Your Pension | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

ABF CEO Bob Davidson
m_ea515457.jpg

high-ul high-ul

January 30, 2008: As expected, ABF management has signed a "me-too" to be bound by the National Master Freight Agreementt (NMFA).

ABF Quits TMI, Goes After Your Pension

ABF Quits TMI, Goes After Your Pension | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

ABF CEO Bob Davidson
m_ea515457.jpg

high-ul high-ul
Yellow has opted out of TMI so what is your point? You have done nothing but down TDU now you use them a a reference. Have you know shame. You know joe you relly should qoute all the important things in a subject matter that you post. LIKE THIS PART!

The ABF me-to means we will retain a united freight contract. This outcome was never really in doubt. The International Union said all along that it would hold ABF to the NMFA—just like it did when other companies including Yellow tried to break away.

http://tdu.org/news/abf-agrees-match-nmfa

Such sneaky under handed tactics.

How about this for ABF Teamsters to be proud of joe. What happened when yrc came calling at your place?

When we stand united, we have the power to stop companies from inking substandard deals or breaking out of our national contracts and benefit plans.

Now joe who is the one that broke the NMFA ABF or yrc? That's right yrc.

Last edited by a moderator: