Estes | Freight volumes

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
I know system wide, our freight has picked up. I have heard from other drivers that their terminals are rehiring Estes drivers back due to this.This is a very positive link to us regaining runs. Has your terminal picked up in volume and hiring drivers.:shift:

You guys in KC should be picking up pretty good.If the Northwest weather would ever break. Old man winter just does'nt want go away up there.Our freight has really picked up here lately.

I know we at least had the sign up advertising that we were hiring.. Drivers, Dockworkers, and Clerical. Our outbound is up and down, but it seems our inbound is up. Freight levels @ 024 have bumped up a bit. Especially that nice little end of the month/End of the quarter jump we had. Ever since then its been real hit and miss. Keep up the good work.

Get ready for your new midwest hub, 118 starting next week. This should speed freight flow through the upper midwest. If you liked 127 you'll love 118. Welcome to Indiana.

Just saw 17 new tractors in 010. They are all white Internationals, 72" sleepers, polished steer wheels and tanks. Was told by another driver company bought 80 of them from the old Heartland company that went under. These looked brand new!

Volume up at my barn also. Hiring people for dock right now. So much coming off the street we can hardly get our schedules out on gate times.

Just saw 17 new tractors in 010. They are all white Internationals, 72" sleepers, polished steer wheels and tanks. Was told by another driver company bought 80 of them from the old Heartland company that went under. These looked brand new!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:. See what you mean. That's funny right there, I don't care who ya are.

I don't know about 72" sleepers but they are starting to stock up in 029
O29.jpg

Thank God Richmond is getting the teams some bigger and better sleepers. Boy those guys deserve 'em!
I've heard about those trucks and I heard they have the big "red" cummins motor in 'em so they should pull real well to if the shop don't choke 'em to bad.

Thanks for the pic. mildew....is that a little bell hanging there beside your mic cord? You got room service in that truck?:biglaugh:

They are the big sleepers. Look at the double windows on the side!!! Then look at our single window sleepers. You can see the difference!!! 041 also had 6 on there yard the otherday.

Thanks for the pic. mildew....is that a little bell hanging there beside your mic cord? You got room service in that truck?:biglaugh:

It's my bungee strap holding my mic. I'm too cheap to buy those whatchmacalits. I also use those straps to hold my pigtail in place when I pull some of these older trailers.:D

What I would like to know KD, I wonder if that's his appointment book on the dash. How bout it Mildew? He might be busy, he'll get back to me later. Just kiddin mildew, thanks for the photos. Be cool.:shift:

When did heartland go under?

I think they are still in buisness because they are debt free just like us but I hear folks are quit'n by the dozen. These companies are taking their highly skilled over qualified official freight relocators for granted because of the economy situation. You can always find out which company is the best by the turnover percentage. Most truckload carriers have a 120%.

What I would like to know KD, I wonder if that's his appointment book on the dash. How bout it Mildew? He might be busy, he'll get back to me later. Just kiddin mildew, thanks for the photos. Be cool.:shift:

I'm getting older and forgetting everything. I need to write everything down these days:smile1:

Cleveland?

Anyone know the status of the terminal in Cleveland? Are they busy? Used to work out of there, watching for something to open up on the Estes website, but nothing so far. :shift:

I think they are still in buisness because they are debt free just like us but I hear folks are quit'n by the dozen. These companies are taking their highly skilled over qualified official freight relocators for granted because of the economy situation. You can always find out which company is the best by the turnover percentage. Most truckload carriers have a 120%.
Thanks for the info Mildew,I have, or had a couple friends that ran for them,havent talked to them in awhile.