Estes | Freight volumes

Freight levels are up in the South also especially on my run. I've been hauling about 10 - 15,000 each way for the longest time and now I am hauling 25 - 30,000 each way. How long will it last is anyone's guess. My educated guess is that it is only temporary for the summer season BBQ's gardening and such and things will head downhill again in the summer as the economy worsens as with all the money being printed and spent from the mythical money trees it will begin to take its toll.

Freight levels are up in the South also especially on my run. I've been hauling about 10 - 15,000 each way for the longest time and now I am hauling 25 - 30,000 each way. How long will it last is anyone's guess. My educated guess is that it is only temporary for the summer season BBQ's gardening and such and things will head downhill again in the summer as the economy worsens as with all the money being printed and spent from the mythical money trees it will begin to take its toll.

We print money?:shift:

man robs got some power to print money. dear rob ...........

we are on an up swing again in kc. there seems to be less "light" days

Here at our little barn, things are actually slower now than they've been in the four years that I've been working here. Our work schedules change almost daily, and we are lucky if we see 35 hours a week. On a positive note, the million mile truck that I share with a pretty cool line driver is still running strong.

Peace,

Max

My barn is getting pounded with local P&D. Bearly have enough guys to get it delivered. Every morning is a panic, but we pull it off.:TR10driving03: Been going out full, and coming back full.... that's what it's all about.... One man, one truck, one day!:clap:

The south is getting slammed with freight. 10 hour breaks and that's it. Stock piles of extra freight everywhere. Loads left over everywhere I go. I think the south is fix'n to rise again.:clap: I may have to sleep near one of those other company's barns where I can get some peace and quiet tonight.

The south is getting slammed with freight. 10 hour breaks and that's it. Stock piles of extra freight everywhere. Loads left over everywhere I go. I think the south is fix'n to rise again.:clap: I may have to sleep near one of those other company's barns where I can get some peace and quiet tonight.

HOLY ::shit:: BEERBOY!!!! MOVE THE THREAD!!!! OHHHHH THE DREADED (U) WORD!!! :hysterical::Rulz:

You guys are killing me. You know how hard this is on my blackberry cruising up I29
NO U WORDS PLEASE ! Damn it mildew lol

yes i see the storm comming

Better get out the umbrella.. the storm is here @ 024. All dockmen now required to work 48.5 hours per week until further notice. I can't see Richmond not start letting you guys run extra on the weekend or moving the Xtraboard back to how it should be. We've got the freight, lets get the stuff moving. It's not doing a damn bit of good sitting around all weekend, waiting for Mon to run it. People are using us as a carrier for a reason, lets not dissapoint them. It seems we've got freight while quite a few do not, and we should do our best to keep that freight and keep it moving on OUR trailers. Hope you all have a great weekend..and as a friend of mine says.. Kick the tires and light the fires! :shift:

Better get out the umbrella.. the storm is here @ 024. All dockmen now required to work 48.5 hours per week until further notice. I can't see Richmond not start letting you guys run extra on the weekend or moving the Xtraboard back to how it should be. We've got the freight, lets get the stuff moving. It's not doing a damn bit of good sitting around all weekend, waiting for Mon to run it. People are using us as a carrier for a reason, lets not dissapoint them. It seems we've got freight while quite a few do not, and we should do our best to keep that freight and keep it moving on OUR trailers. Hope you all have a great weekend..and as a friend of mine says.. Kick the tires and light the fires! :shift:

That's why I never jump in on the threads about weekend work (:ranting2:), I've heard from my boss at least five times in the last year that we're not allowed weekend runs any more, and when business picks up, that ::shit:: is in the wind!

Our team was at 024 this morning and related that freight was very good up there. They always enjoy going to 024. Not just for freight, because of the people who work there. "They are the nicest people there" they've said.That's a rarity coming from a team. They are usually treated like crap.Maybe because some teams complain all the time. Good marks for 024 though.