Fresh point

GT yea I knew that how long have we been doing
it. Just curious if it's any better than throwing 6#10 cans all day
and if the pay is comparable with what we do now.
Like I said nothing like it up here.
I've seen a lot of job posting for Freshpoint.

We have had them for a while we bought from pfg I think they are on abc pay but soon going to dip at least that is what the driver on my route says. They have some 28 ft but mostly small box trucks.

GT yea I knew that how long have we been doing
it. Just curious if it's any better than throwing 6#10 cans all day
and if the pay is comparable with what we do now.
Like I said nothing like it up here.
I've seen a lot of job posting for Freshpoint.
Very low pay, go out with a load in the AM and come back for a PM load most times, like I said low pay, here in T-town mostly mexicans work for them, no CDL required, I have tried to recruit some of their drivers to come over to us and for one reason or the other they couldn't get a CDL.

GT and 2WD thanks for the replies looks like that gig is not for me
for sure I would have to go I the welfair.
No wonder why there are so many job openings for them.
I think why we don't have them here is we don't have enough
Mexicans to work for them LOL

All the produce delivery companies here have many hispanics working for them, IDK why, I guess its because they have trucks that are under 26k GVWR and a CDL isn't required, on delivery, even on a crappy week I would bring home more in a week than they would gross, or gross more in one week than they would in their 2 week pay period.

Talked to a guy working for a produce company in my area, he was on a salary making $600/week before taxes and working 6 days a week 55 to 60 hours. Now I know why they always have an ad on Craigslist trying to hire. Another produce company that is in the same local as us had a posting for a CDL A driver that paid 12.50/hr

We ran a gig out of our warehouse a while back called fresh express
it was all fresh produce delivered on demand It didn't last long though.

We ran a gig out of our warehouse a while back called fresh express
it was all fresh produce delivered on demand It didn't last long though.

They have tried it here around 3 times in the last 15 years, not produce but fresh fish and meat.

Produce companies don't pay good at all it seems. One company here's pay 170 a day. Doesn't matter how many hrs you work its 170 a day. Another starts at 18 and tops out at 20.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Produce companies don't pay good at all it seems. One company here's pay 170 a day. Doesn't matter how many hrs you work its 170 a day. Another starts at 18 and tops out at 20.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Why do my tomatoes cost so darn much then LOL

Lizard, we have two of those out of or OpCo. Straight trucks for fresh meats and seafood, plus produce. To high profile customers, mostly whom need something quick and don't want their customers seeing the big sysco truck. Our guys keep busy every day, but I wouldn't want their job. Same pay scale as us.