XPO | Friday 2 hour backup change

Mozartsghost

TB Lurker
Credits
What does everyone think about the announcement that C-WF Central has changed the friday backup to a "Business Levels" based backup?

Personally I am very interested to see how this is going to work...

The background:

For anyone who hasn't already heard, the 2 hour backup on Fridays has changed to a variable backup which is going to be based on tonnage levels and how "on time" the operation is on Friday... This means that 1 hour and no backup fridays will happen when we are slower and/or all caught up with P & D... Obviously end of the month and quarter Fridays will still be 2 hour backups due to tonnage levels....

That was talked about at both yes meetings, now let us see what happens. The man said that he takes the kings gold, and does the kings bidding.

i think its great!!,..the 2 hour backup is stupid,.nobody honors it anymore anyway! most class 3 and 4 terminals and in many cases class 2 terminals are done with o/b by 7 or 8 .ironically usally earlier on friday than on monday! go figure

i went to xin friday evening. and they had a E- mail posted from L/H stating that all origin terminals are not to disatch no earlier than the alotted 1 hour backup time,..in other words no one was allowed to leave any earlier than they absolutly have to.also the memo read, L/H will monitor the dispatch times to see which terminals did not honor this change. as i arrived at XIN i got there @ 11:15 ( our meet time is 12:30 for a normal 2 hour back up ) anyway there was not one driver there who honored the 1-hour backup,.if anything every one left at normal time. now if every origin terminal in the system did this.that should be message to XGO saying there is no point in having any back up at all. but it wouldnt surprise me if they decided to keep the 2 hour backup .because everyone took advantage of the earlier start time.

I'm waiting to get my a** handed to me on Monday. We were short three city guys, so coverage was slim, and I wound up sending a late dispatch even with the one hour delay...whoops. Hopefully XLH has a sense of humor.

as far as i could tell it didn't work to well Friday.was told on Monday that it would be posted Friday morning and it wasn't so no one know if we were on a 1 hr or a 2 hour delay.the delay just need to be done a way with altogether. we really don't need it.the freight is ready to go on Friday at the same time. as it is Monday Thur Thursday. so why do we still need it?????