Friday and Monday

Discussion in 'Holland' started by Griz, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

In Memphis attendense on Monday and Friday is so bad we have to work our inbound freight as though it was a holiday. Yesterday more than a third of our board was off. Sucks for the men that are at work. I here this is happening at several barns throughout the system. What's the solution?

Getoverit and wongway like this.
  2. hollandman73

hollandman73 Active Member

Their probably out doing job interviews.....or they figure whats the worst that can happen---they get fired and get a better job anyway.

30yearman, maddgun and wongway like this.
  3. Hoodock

Hoodock Well-Known Member

The powers that be should be able to figure it out!

Getoverit, troubleman84 and wongway like this.
  4. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

"MORALE" = the disposition or mental state which causes a man or body of people to face an emergency with spirit . per webster's dictionary , and Holland's MORALE is broken at all barns , so solution is FIX the MORALE problem period .

5. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

6. Griz

Griz Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. This is a bad cycle we are in. The men taking off "F this place I'm leaving first chance I get anyway" the men trying to make a living get sick of hearing "forced OT tonight" because half the man power called off. My solution is more money = better morale and more qualified people to hire.

7. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

All Mondays and Fridays in the summer we are maxed out for vacations. Those who cant get the day off, well thats what sick days are for.

30yearman and Frootloop like this.
  8. weiner

weiner Member

How can we have an attendance problem? I thought the last mou had a mandatory attendance policy.

9. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

You pretty much have to take Friday night before vacation, if your a road driver. The midnight start ruins the chances of getting done early, plus there's ALWAYS a problem when you need things to go smoothly..it never fails. Monday's are the most likely nights to go through on slips, so if you have plans on a Tues, ya may as well take Mon off..lol

10. Getoverit

Getoverit Well-Known Member

FMLA........ Way out of control, we have at least 20 off every Friday, and these people don't care if you ever get out on Fridays!! They could care less if you ever get back on Saturdays!

11. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

When a person has low morale from being beat down by their employer, they don't want to be there. Who would? So at every opportunity you stay away. When everyone's "give a damn" is busted, I would only expect an attendance problem. Those who are running the show need a kick in the balls.......they won't listen to anybody.

30yearman, maddgun, Getoverit and 3 others like this.
  12. wongway

You said the truth , everyone's "give a damm" is broken , agree 100% , the old yellow dog has beat us into the ground !!

maddgun likes this.
  13. hollandman73

hollandman73 Active Member

FMLA= Friday Monday Leave Act! LOL! Don't hate the players....

14. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

I thoroughly enjoy a Monday off, I don't understand the point of this thread. it happens everywhere, and its not a morale problem, its a "i like spending time with my kids/wife/atv/motorcycle/Camaro/etc.." you could have the happiest creampuff job ever, but give a guy a way to get out of work, some money in his pocket, and a nice day, and he is going to be gone......

MikeJ likes this.
  15. Frootloop

Frootloop Well-Known Member

Well the problem with that is it puts a major strain on all the dock workers, drivers and dispatchers that did show up for work. Not making deliveries and pickups and/or getting it done late is simply bad for business. I want to chill at the crib too but not because I called out sick. Being on a cold dock on Sunday night with 800 bills to bust and only 3 of you showed up will make you resent all the folks that call out on a Sunday night basis, or Friday night etc etc. that's just me though.

Getoverit, Griz and falconfan like this.
  16. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

well then you shouldn't have wasted all your sick days already! or take an alcohol slide.....

17. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

You resent them because you didnt do the same. You should be at my barn the night before deer season opens. Maxed out vacation schedule and then perhaps another 40 to 50 call offs. Bummer.

30yearman, usmc2k1 and buffalobill like this.
  18. Getoverit

Play all they want, just don't play on my time!! Every Friday its late as hell when we get out and it just screws your Saturday up!! Always the same ones every week!

19. Getoverit

No wonder we have so many casuals now, hell they'll probably start getting them from the temp services and the soup line before long.. Boy the tears would be rolling then wouldn't they!! I like time off myself, probably more than most.they should run this place like the military, :) try calling in sick on their asses every Friday!!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    falconfan likes this.
  20. wongway

HIRE MORE HELP , to solve the problem then !!!!!!!!!!!!!! always shorthand daily !!

maddgun likes this.