Holland | Friday and Monday

you pretend that you are some regulation era old timer, you said you spent 17 years here, and ended in 2011. YOU didn't know your contract, YOU do nothing but bitch about not having a babysitter READ the contract to you, and you cant stand getting called out on your BS. your new job obviously sucks ass, otherwise you wouldn't be living in the past on the Holland forum on truckingboards.

remember those grievances you were too stupid to win? said they went years? they owed you 8 a day, after 14 days, IF you had the balls to tell them in writing. either you are a coward, or your b/a that you call a "friend" is an illiterate idiot. seeing your other opinions, I'm guessing the latter. do the math, and then let that sink in. YOU didn't have the balls to ask for that money.
I remember having a TM that assumed three of these grievences would go away. Just over 18k later they showed us the $$$ and him the door!

Is anyone surprised as to why the non-union companies fight until the death to keep the Union OUT?

When one of the biggest "benefits" of being a Union member is that you are allowed to skip work every week, you know that things are :censored: up at the union companies.

Geez, I wonder why there are no new freight companies being unionized.:scratchhead:

Screw the customers.
Screw your co-workers.

"Life is good........I'm Union."
With the last mou if someone is showing a pattern of taking off every Friday, the company can go after them with discipline.

I grew up in this industry with the attitude that our internal problems were to be kept internally and fought out between us......and to never let the customers know about our problems that we had within. Clearly, nowadays, the problems from within have bleed over to the customers because of the bad morale. Back in the day, our customers were lead to believe that we had the greatest operation that had ever been put together.(even though we had issues)
I guess that I still live in the past, a past where we kept our internal issues hidden from the customers, which always kept the customers loving us.
My,my.....have things ever changed.
Was told by a regional manager a few years back. "The old Holland is NOT coming back"

With the last mou if someone is showing a pattern of taking off every Friday, the company can go after them with discipline.

Didn't work out to well for them in New Orleans last week.16 of 17 from yrc got paid
For their suspensions ,because of discipline with doctors notes.
As far as showing a pattern, it was that way long
before the last mou.That was going on at CF.

Was told by a regional manager a few years back. "The old Holland is NOT coming back"
He's probably right. It probably isn't ever coming back. But bringing it back to it's old self should be the number one goal. And with **** poor leadership and beating down the employees at every turn, I'll pretty much guarantee that it will never return to it's former dominant self.

As far as showing a pattern, it was that way long
before the last mou.
Mondays and Fridays have always had an absenteeism problem. But years ago, many of us would step it up to try to make up for the shortage, where nowadays I think that most have been beaten down to the point where it's become just another day at the office. I know that I always raised my production on shorthanded days, since I knew that it might be me that's missing the next week. I don't recall many guys taking days off that they didn't have available though.

Sounds like Buffalobill has finally lost it. His bitterness is getting the best of him. He's pissed at me because he posted some inaccurate b.s. that I corrected him on......now he's got his shorts in a bind.
He hasn't been at Holland long enough to know how things used to be, he's only seen this ugly side of the company.
And he's already let the cat out of the bag. He's pretty much admitted that he's part of Holland's problem, not part of the solution.

uh, you come on here after years of being quit, supposedly having the time of your life at a new job. and yet, you know it all, about everything. you complain about everything, including the things you never WOULD have gotten, even at the OLD Holland, unless they broke the contract just for you. you wanted a VOLUNTARY transfer WITH barn seniority? they have signed off since their first contract that THAT doesn't happen. BUT I FORGOT, your special.

Mondays and Fridays have always had an absenteeism problem. But years ago, many of us would step it up to try to make up for the shortage, where nowadays I think that most have been beaten down to the point where it's become just another day at the office. I know that I always raised my production on shorthanded days, since I knew that it might be me that's missing the next week. I don't recall many guys taking days off that they didn't have available though.

so how is this the unions problem then? you just admitted that even when everything was great, and you were dancing across the dock every day, they STILL had problems with guys blowing off. gee, maybe its not the union, maybe its those damn co workers of yours with pto coming?

good luck, we have garbage hotels, the a/c systems are filthy, ive had a sinus infection for the last 6 weeks because of Nashville. they want a doctors note? after they hang me out 6 days consistently? no ****ing problem.....

........... you wanted a VOLUNTARY transfer WITH barn seniority?
If you can show me where I've said that, I will stay off this forum forever. Good luck finding it, since it's never been said. You are either creating stuff in your head or your sinus infection is affecting your comprehension ability.

.......... BUT I FORGOT, your special.
You're just another one of those guys that are here today, and gone tomorrow. I've dealt with lots of your types over the years on here.

Be careful with your personal attacks on people, or you'll end up like the rest that can't control their emotions on here.

yep! I don't know why NF cant handle writing a grievance correctly? oh wait, it was the unions fault, like usual....
It doesn't matter how the grievance was written, the union has lost it's teeth. That's the only reason why a clear contractual violation gets delayed for a year. It's gotten to the point where the language in the NMFA doesn't mean squat if the Union won't enforce it.

If you can show me where I've said that, I will stay off this forum forever. Good luck finding it, since it's never been said. You are either creating stuff in your head or your sinus infection is affecting your comprehension ability.

You're just another one of those guys that are here today, and gone tomorrow. I've dealt with lots of your types over the years on here.

Be careful with your personal attacks on people, or you'll end up like the rest that can't control their emotions on here.

lol, uh oh, I've made a conservative upset, uh oh....

YOU are the one that posted something about wanting a transfer, but they wouldn't give it to you, so you got uppity with them and left. half your problem is your smoke and mirrors show about what actually happened when you left. did your barn shut down? did you move too far away? did you not want to start over at the bottom because you were closer to another barn? who knows, who cares.

bottom line here is, its supposedly 4 years after you quit. you "say" you love your new job, and that your quality of life is much better. i'm not buying it, since you constantly patrol these forums with your petty attacks on the union and anyone who doesn't tow your line.

for a guy who preaches about "settling it in house". you sure whine a lot on here....

It doesn't matter how the grievance was written, the union has lost it's teeth. That's the only reason why a clear contractual violation gets delayed for a year. It's gotten to the point where the language in the NMFA doesn't mean squat if the Union won't enforce it.

its ALL in how its written, you want to play nice and write a poor grievance, it will get tossed. I guess since Holland used to be a nicer place to work for, they would square up with you anyway, to be fair. not so anymore, get over it. better cross your t's, dot your i's, and run it by the BA who SHOULD know how to word it to where its a slam dunk, IF its a grievance, and not a complaint...

lol, uh oh, I've made a conservative upset, uh oh....

YOU are the one that posted something about wanting a transfer, but they wouldn't give it to you, so you got uppity with them and left. half your problem is your smoke and mirrors show about what actually happened when you left. did your barn shut down? did you move too far away? did you not want to start over at the bottom because you were closer to another barn? who knows, who cares.
If you don't care, why do you keep asking questions?

bottom line here is, its supposedly 4 years after you quit. you "say" you love your new job,
Show me where I've said that. Back it up.

.... and that your quality of life is much better. i'm not buying it, since you constantly patrol these forums with your petty attacks on the union and anyone who doesn't tow your line.
You couldn't be more wrong with most of your assessments. I'm where I'm at in life because of my years in the Union. Although they've messed up my retirement income plans, my years of service has been a good thing.

for a guy who preaches about "settling it in house". you sure whine a lot on here....
Gosh, I thought that this is a chat forum. Foolish me.

I predict that since you are posting out of emotions now with your personal attacks on me.......you'll end up standing with your nose in the corner. Keep it up.
:1036316054:

:kickedoutsmile:

Come on. You said it......and you've been scouring my posts looking for it. Back it up.
I'm waiting.
:popcorn:

I remember having a TM that assumed three of these grievences would go away. Just over 18k later they showed us the $$$ and him the door!

LOL! That was sweet! I think one of our 4am guys made more in grievances than he did in OT that year! Hit management in the pocket and they take notice real fast.....