Holland | Friday and Monday

Lol, im glad i hurt your feelings enough to where you have to come out of left field and pointlessly insult me. I really must have you tied in a knot. Why dont you take some midol, kick off your heels, and enjoy one of your wine coolers.....

After some of the things you've said to me and others you look rather foolish bitching about being insulted... I can't drink anything right now. I'm working and besides I'm not the one with the drinking problem, remember?

You sure are dense, you know that? You and several other guys I know on here. Stick to the same old tired argument even though it's been proven wrong. Guess that goes along with your drinking problem and miserable work ethic. Accepting responsibility has nothing to do with living to work my friend. Shirking responsibility has everything to do with being a loser though.
did you agree to be fired at will?

After some of the things you've said to me and others you look rather foolish bitching about being insulted... I can't drink anything right now. I'm working and besides I'm not the one with the drinking problem, remember?
In his last 25+ posts, he's added absolutely nothing to any conversation. It's nothing but constant insults and personal attacks.

He has already shown his true colors.
His job offers one personal day off, his birthday off, five sick days off, about 8 National Holidays off, and his vacation time that is based on his years of service off..........all paid..........

AND HE STILL NEEDS TO BONE HIS CO-WORKERS, CUSTOMERS, AND EMPLOYER BY TAKING UNPAID DAYS OFF!

did you agree to be fired at will?
People who take unscheduled, unpaid days off, that have none available, need not apply to other carriers since they all require you to be at work when scheduled.

Just keep shafting your co-workers, customers, and company........and see how that works out for you in the long run.

The competition is loving it.

No b day off....more rovers.....not boning co workers, as they can take fmla and ue days as well.....

If you are so worried about saving this company, why do you bitch about guys taking off a day or 2, and you havent been here in 4 years? Its totally hypocritical.

And as for FMLA on Fridays anx Mondays, WHEN else would you expect them to take it, other than AFTER working a few days. Work is usually what causes necks,backs,knees,shoulders,rotator cuffs, etc to start flaring up and causing pain.

People who take unscheduled, unpaid days off, that have none available, need not apply to other carriers since they all require you to be at work when scheduled.

Just keep shafting your co-workers, customers, and company........and see how that works out for you in the long run.

The competition is loving it.

So you would agree that a non union carrier will find a way to rid itself of an employee taking FMLA. There is a great selling point to being a teamster right there. If you, your wife, your children, or parents are sick, a union carrier will recognize FMLA leave.

What kind of cretin puts his company ahead of his family?

I get it, you are afraid of losing your job because OD would fire anyone they think doesnt put on a positive company image 24/7/365.....i guess if i had a job that i liked, but could be fired at will any time for nothing, i would think like that as well. Although me liking at will employment is a contradiction.

So you would agree that a non union carrier will find a way to rid itself of an employee taking FMLA. There is a great selling point to being a teamster right there. If you, your wife, your children, or parents are sick, a union carrier will recognize FMLA leave.

What kind of cretin puts his company ahead of his family?
Doesn't every company have to recognize FMLA?

I get it, you are afraid of losing your job because OD would fire anyone they think doesnt put on a positive company image 24/7/365.....i guess if i had a job that i liked, but could be fired at will any time for nothing, i would think like that as well. Although me liking at will employment is a contradiction.

What the hell are you talking about?? You sure you didn't hit the sauce early today??

FMLA is Federal, so everyone has it. Sorry to put that b.s. to rest.
That boss firing you because he doesn't like you is so worn out that it's laughable. It would make no sense. Go in to work and do your job that you get paid for, or you deserve to be fired, and good mgmt. at Holland would have a good paper trail and fire those who can't be counted on.

Doesn't every company have to recognize FMLA?

In theory, yes. Take intermittent FMLA leave at a non union carrier and see how long before you get laid off. Think they cant? At every nonunion shop, you sign a legal contract agreeing you can be fired for any reason at all. That includes "being a poor fit due to health related absence". You wouldnt have a leg to stand on, even if you were on FMLA because you didnt have a leg to stand on...

FMLA is Federal, so everyone has it. Sorry to put that b.s. to rest.
That boss firing you because he doesn't like you is so worn out that it's laughable. It would make no sense. Go in to work and do your job that you get paid for, or you deserve to be fired, and good mgmt. at Holland would have a good paper trail and fire those who can't be counted on.

If you take FMLA during the busy season at a non union shop, good luck with you future job search.

Based on what I'm reading, there is a lot of abuse going on at Holland. Using unpaid days and FMLA to get out of working every day because you have a "contract" standing behind you is irresponsible.
And based on what I'm reading, it's no wonder why the nons don't want to hire the former Union members. So for those of you looking to move on from a current Union job, good luck. The reasons for not getting a call from the nons is on full display right now.
Those who have tried to move on and didn't get a phone call from the places where you applied can thank the posters on here that brag about (and/or are proud of) how they're gaming the system and abusing their employer, customers, and co-workers.

You and your obsession with ass kissing and Overtime Denied. You have OD'ed on OD. Sorry ABF wouldnt take you. But hey, you got that big 7.50 an hour, right? Hell, thats ALMOST minimum wage!

You wear your uniform when you cut the boss' grass?

Not even noon and you're drunk already!! My opinion of you and your laziness has nothing to do with my employer. Sorry dude.

Let's break down this Old Dominion $7.50 per hour, hooking a set of doubles issue.

It takes about 20 minutes to hook a set of doubles.
20 minutes means that you could hook three sets of doubles in an hour.
Since 20 minutes is 1/3 of an hour, that means that you take $7.50 and multiply it by three to figure out your hourly rate.
$7.50 x 3 = $22.50 per hour.
Which just happens to be more per hour than a Holland driver makes.

Just sayin'.