Holland | Friday and Monday

Let's break down this Old Dominion $7.50 per hour, hooking a set of doubles issue.

It takes about 20 minutes to hook a set of doubles.
20 minutes means that you could hook three sets of doubles in an hour.
Since 20 minutes is 1/3 of an hour, that means that you take $7.50 and multiply it by three to figure out your hourly rate.
$7.50 x 3 = $22.50 per hour.
Which just happens to be more per hour than a Holland driver makes.

Just sayin'.

The 7.50 per is what we get paid for non-work activities such as delay or breakdown. We get paid per piece of equipment on hooks and drops. Equals $6 to hook a set and $6 to drop. Usually can be done in 30 minutes so per hour it works to $24/hour which is again more than a Holland driver makes.

So using magic math, i get .5 hour per drop, hook, or both. So when im starting or ending my day, the drop OR hook pays an hour total. Pretty easy to do both in 10 to 15. Line those up right and its like im making 84.44 an hour. But i guess the grass at the bosses lawn is just so sweet. Not to mention making it in early enough to a hotel that you are sitting there at 3 times what OD is sitting there at.

Not even noon and you're drunk already!! My opinion of you and your laziness has nothing to do with my employer. Sorry dude.

Please explain how sweet it is to sit 4 hours before you go on the clock at 7.50 for breakdown. It sure is funny that you dont post much on the OD forum, you just come over to union forums, lose arguements, then get your feelings hurt that no one is impressed with your carrier. Just like the last time you got your feelings hurt on the ABF forum, and you started whining to the mods.......

No. It didn't go over my head at all. I just try to ignore your constant attacks and insults on everyone.

Are you ever going to add anything of substance to this forum or just run your mouth?

Im not the one that started posting insults about guys taking time off. And i currently work here, unlike you, even though you were dense enough to call me the troll.

No, i dont want fries with that.

I'm sorry Holland didnt work out for you, get over it, its been 4 years.

Again......nothing of substance.

The only reason that you've been allowed to flap your gums on here for so long with all of your personal attacks is because those just like you, have silenced this forum to the point where a moderator isn't even needed, because most people won't even post their thoughts.

But trust me......I'm not going anywhere.

Get back with me when you have as much experience at Holland as I do.

What should he wear? A wife beater shirt like some of the Holland drivers wear?
There once was time when we had too much pride to wear a wife beater to work.
From what I've seen, times have changed.

Also just to clear the record, I won't be mowing my boss' grass, no matter WHAT I wear LOL. Poor ol' bill is using that tired old line that if a guy is happy with his job and isn't union then he must be under the boss' desk or doing ::shit:: to get special favors. It's a common argument made by those with little or no intelligence, mainly because they're not smart enough to come up with anything else to say.

Please explain how sweet it is to sit 4 hours before you go on the clock at 7.50 for breakdown. It sure is funny that you dont post much on the OD forum, you just come over to union forums, lose arguements, then get your feelings hurt that no one is impressed with your carrier. Just like the last time you got your feelings hurt on the ABF forum, and you started whining to the mods.......

Umm let's see I DON'T sit for 4 hours before you get breakdown, it's immediate. So you're wrong there. And second, I do post a lot on the OD page, as well as a lot of other forums so you're wrong again. I don't lose arguments, I quit participating when the other side is too stupid to carry on a discussion, so you're wrong again. Which makes me wonder why I'm still carrying on with you. I don't care if anyone is impressed with my carrier, I will defend it from misinformation from people like you, so you're wrong again. And besides, you are owned by the laughingstock of the entire LTL industry! And if you think that reporting an inappropriate post is whining then it shows again your lack of intelligence. And you're now complaining about being attacked!! You're a stumbling, bumbling hypocrite!!

People like him just hi-jack every thread. The bad part is that other members are probably tired of hearing the back and forth b.s., but he leaves us no choice, since we are obligated to defend ourselves against his inaccurate accusations and ignorance.
As I said......he brings nothing of substance to any conversation.

And clearly he doesn't understand that this site and it's forums are open for anyone to post on, as long as they follow the site's rules.

People like him just hi-jack every thread. The bad part is that other members are probably tired of hearing the back and forth b.s., but he leaves us no choice, since we are obligated to defend ourselves against his inaccurate accusations and ignorance.
As I said......he brings nothing of substance to any conversation.

And clearly he doesn't understand that this site and it's forums are open for anyone to post on, as long as they follow the site's rules.

I guess we could take the high road and stop responding to his drivel but then he would think he won. But all the same I'm getting tired of having to try to defend myself against utter stupidity.

Same here.......So I'll apologize to the other members that aren't involved in this ridiculous back and forth b.s. But I hope that they also realize that these false statements of his have to be responded to.

Sorry.

I also want to qualify that my laughingstock statement of earlier is directed at the corporate entity as a whole. I know and respect many YRC and Holland drivers. But, just like in every drawer, there are some knives that just aren't that sharp.

Lol, 4 years later, still cant get over Holland, huh?

I wish i made as little as OD drivers. Enjoy your boss' lawn, song, after all, nf tried to beat you to it! He has to supplement his burger king income!

Tell me again why you have no overtime, line 4 time at less than min wage, garbage bennies for 100 a week, breakdown for free for the first 4, and .30 cents on the dollar into retirement, If you have an OR of 81? Sounds like maybe if they would sweeten the pot, maybe you could take down some billboards...

Last edited:
Umm let's see I DON'T sit for 4 hours before you get breakdown, it's immediate. So you're wrong there. And second, I do post a lot on the OD page, as well as a lot of other forums so you're wrong again. I don't lose arguments, I quit participating when the other side is too stupid to carry on a discussion, so you're wrong again. Which makes me wonder why I'm still carrying on with you. I don't care if anyone is impressed with my carrier, I will defend it from misinformation from people like you, so you're wrong again. And besides, you are owned by the laughingstock of the entire LTL industry! And if you think that reporting an inappropriate post is whining then it shows again your lack of intelligence. And you're now complaining about being attacked!! You're a stumbling, bumbling hypocrite!!

what did i call you again, which you thought was inappropriate? Jog our memories, i need another laugh......

Lol, 4 years later, still cant get over Holland, huh?

I wish i made as little as OD drivers. Enjoy your boss' lawn, song, after all, nf tried to beat you to it! He has to supplement his burger king income!

Tell me again why you have no overtime, line 4 time at less than min wage, garbage bennies for 100 a week, breakdown for free for the first 4, and .30 cents on the dollar into retirement, If you have an OR of 81? Sounds like maybe if they would sweeten the pot, maybe you could take down some billboards...

Ok so I guess I'll add illiterate to the list of your shortcomings too... Apparently you couldn't read my earlier post, I don't wait for breakdown, it's immediate.

Benefits for a full family cost me $85 not $100 so you're wrong once again... So how much is you're 15% costing you? The sad part is the more you make the more they take! The retirement, you're getting 1 year for every 4 so how is yours better? The line 4 thing and overtime, I'm not going over the same thing with you over and over and over again. If you're too stupid to get what I've told you again and again, I can't help you. Just because you refuse to believe something doesn't make it true.

It just gets old watching you come into union forums, whine about the union, then get miffed when no union guy thinks your job is any better. Btw can You answer my question? If you guys have an 81 OR, DONT YOU THINK THEY COULD AFFORD overtime after 8, or layover and breakdowns at minimum wage, at least?

Also, did you know what FMLA was before this thread?

It just gets old watching you come into union forums, whine about the union, then get miffed when no union guy thinks your job is any better. Btw can You answer my question? If you guys have an 81 OR, DONT YOU THINK THEY COULD AFFORD overtime after 8, or layover and breakdowns at minimum wage, at least?

Also, did you know what FMLA was before this thread?

Good Lord why are you always so condescending? Of course I know what FMLA is. I took off a month when my daughter was born. At a non-union company. And kept my job. Imagine that.

I have always said they should pay the city guys overtime. You can look through several OD threads and see that. I've said it to you several times too. But again you ignore fact if it doesn't suit your purpose. And last I checked, $7.50/hr IS minimum wage. Would I like more for breakdown? Of course I would. But it doesn't happen very often. And we do go on the clock as soon as the breakdown occurs. As to delay, again as I have stated over and over to you, I am expending no effort. Sitting in a hotel watching television at $7.50/hr is better than sitting in a hotel for free. With that said, guess what, they would rather deadhead us and pay us mileage than let us sit and get paid. So that's what happens regularly if there isn't any freight to pull.

Where am I whining? I read your comments and post my rather dim opinion of your views. All of my dissenting comments in any union line forum begin as disagreement and debate. You' (and some others) are the ones who makes it personal. If you don't want to debate, fine. But if you're going to be abrasive in your comments then you have to be man enough to take it on the return side.

Im not the one that ran to a mod to get me banned, it was YOU, remember? And if you think i am condescending, then tuck your tail between your legs and go back to your own forum. Christ, at least i just insult you, rather than whining to a moderator that my feelings were hurt. Its an internet forum, how hurt are you, really? Not at all? Then stop whining when i make fun of the lesser points of your job.

Btw, no one will get let go of for a chunk of fmla at a time, its the "inconvenient" intermittent day by day at last minutes notice that a non union line isnt going to like.

Say what you want, but try applying for it. Id bet you will be denied.