Holland | Friday and Monday

Im not the one that ran to a mod to get me banned, it was YOU, remember? And if you think i am condescending, then tuck your tail between your legs and go back to your own forum. Christ, at least i just insult you, rather than whining to a moderator that my feelings were hurt. Its an internet forum, how hurt are you, really? Not at all? Then stop whining when i make fun of the lesser points of your job.

Btw, no one will get let go of for a chunk of fmla at a time, its the "inconvenient" intermittent day by day at last minutes notice that a non union line isnt going to like.

Say what you want, but try applying for it. Id bet you will be denied.

If the mod banned you then you said something inappropriate. Whose fault is that? Be a man and accept when you're wrong. Again that's what being a responsible adult is all about. Something you know nothing about.

Your thinking is so backward I don't even know where to begin. What right do you have to insult me? I should just take it? You said some really :shit:ty stuff and I should just let it slide? I deserve your ridicule? Whatever. And that makes me a whiner? I guess I should add egotistical to the growing list of your faults. Get over yourself.

No. It didn't go over my head at all. I just try to ignore your constant attacks and insults on everyone.

Are you ever going to add anything of substance to this forum or just run your mouth?
It looks as though everyone has gotten a little out of substance, maybe we should get back to what Griz's point actually was to begin with! Monday's and Fridays at holland!! So if you don't work at holland why would you even be commenting on the subject to begin with! I believe that's where it got side railed... Anyway, Monday's don't bother me so bad it's Friday's that gets to me because getting out late puts you back so late on Saturday you basically lose the day....

It looks as though everyone has gotten a little out of substance, maybe we should get back to what Griz's point actually was to begin with! Monday's and Fridays at holland!! So if you don't work at holland why would you even be commenting on the subject to begin with! I believe that's where it got side railed... Anyway, Monday's don't bother me so bad it's Friday's that gets to me because getting out late puts you back so late on Saturday you basically lose the day....
Thank you Getoverit. Probably one of the largest threads I've ever started and what subject created this, arguing between truckers. I'm one that takes Truckingboards serious. I try to relay problems and positives from barns throughout our system to my local. Didn't get much here.

It looks as though everyone has gotten a little out of substance, maybe we should get back to what Griz's point actually was to begin with! Monday's and Fridays at holland!!
That makes perfect sense and sounds easy......unless you are the target of the personal attacks that have no merit.

So if you don't work at holland why would you even be commenting on the subject to begin with!
So even though we've spent most of our adult life at Holland, we are supposed to just disappear after we leave, and forget about the place?
Have them send my pension check to me in a lump sum, and I'll promise to disappear off here forever.

And by the way......if those of us who don't work there any longer quit posting on here, they might as well delete the Holland forum altogether since there would be about 3 posts per week. I try to keep people on this forum talking and communicating, but maybe it's no longer worth it since it's just become a bunch of personal attacks because of the bitterness that you all live with.

Maybe it's time to say :censored: this forum and the losers who can only attack people instead of converse with each other.

Thank you Getoverit. Probably one of the largest threads I've ever started and what subject created this, arguing between truckers. I'm one that takes Truckingboards serious. I try to relay problems and positives from barns throughout our system to my local. Didn't get much here.
As I've already said, I apologize for what's happened to your thread. But I'm not going to just sit here and allow someone to make up :crap: that isn't true.

Flash your input to this forum is essential. You are no different than any retiree of holland.
I agree completely, but there are some people who want everyone to shut up that doesn't agree with them. And they can use the "you don't even work here anymore" comments instead of actually adding to a conversation. Over the years I done my best to stimulate conversations on "our" forum, but defending myself against the attacks has run it's course.
Not whining.......but I don't like every thread turning personal, but clearly some have no problem with it.

They can shut this forum down for all I care.

That makes perfect sense and sounds easy......unless you are the target of the personal attacks that have no merit.

So even though we've spent most of our adult life at Holland, we are supposed to just disappear after we leave, and forget about the place?
Have them send my pension check to me in a lump sum, and I'll promise to disappear off here forever.

And by the way......if those of us who don't work there any longer quit posting on here, they might as well delete the Holland forum altogether since there would be about 3 posts per week. I try to keep people on this forum talking and communicating, but maybe it's no longer worth it since it's just become a bunch of personal attacks because of the bitterness that you all live with.

Maybe it's time to say :censored: this forum and the losers who can only attack people instead of converse with each other.
I wasn't attacking you for posting on this thread, you have as much right as anyone to be on the Holland site! Probably more so than some, it's just some time it's better to cut your loses and let things die! The more one drags it out the more one gets their feelings hurt. I'm as guilty as anyone from a gentleman on another trucking forum. This is the last I'm saying about it because I don't want to **** anyone off and go through it all again.lol Perfectly good point though Griz, Funny how certain ones constantly put the screws to the ones who take pride in what they do... Even if this place is turning into a ::shit:: hole, I still do my job the same as I have for the past 43 years!! I can honestly say that I used to love this job, not so much now! Couple more months to go and I can walk away and not look back.

It's not you (Getoverit) that does the attacking and contributes nothing to the forum, it's that other clown who has destroyed every thread on here.

:1036316054:

Who cares. Shut it down.

the YELLOW PIG has WON , as they have successively turning driver's on each other , on here "T.B". and at all barns , everybody hates each other , and city and linehaul , severely hate each other , and even office staff hate each other , and this is what the yellow wanted , break up the union brotherhood , and this is WHY everybody takes off Fri. & Mon. cause they hate their job and hate all the daily fighting and bitching at work , so by fighting with each other the yellow pig has won period ............................................ p.s. , calling in sick Monday too !!!

the YELLOW PIG has WON , as they have successively turning driver's on each other , on here "T.B". and at all barns , everybody hates each other , and city and linehaul , severely hate each other , and even office staff hate each other , and this is what the yellow wanted , break up the union brotherhood , and this is WHY everybody takes off Fri. & Mon. cause they hate their job and hate all the daily fighting and bitching at work , so by fighting with each other the yellow pig has won period ............................................ p.s. , calling in sick Monday too !!!
Probably better that your not gonna be there! LOL

Last edited:

uh, this is why I started getting irate, this place is just like every other job I've had, overworked, no maintenance, long hours, day after day wasting money, so why would ANYONE complain about getting a day off? after a while, the "in the old days" stories don't apply.

I've pissed off drivers, former and current, from Holland, and even other companies. but I don't see where complaining about other guys is going to help anything, especially since we are supposed to be a union. I heard a few pages back "dig this place out of the hole they are in". they aren't interested. why should we be?

I grew up in this industry with the attitude that our internal problems were to be kept internally and fought out between us......and to never let the customers know about our problems that we had within. Clearly, nowadays, the problems from within have bleed over to the customers because of the bad morale. Back in the day, our customers were lead to believe that we had the greatest operation that had ever been put together.(even though we had issues)
I guess that I still live in the past, a past where we kept our internal issues hidden from the customers, which always kept the customers loving us.
My,my.....have things ever changed.
When you were growing up the Teamsters weren't working for 15% less or no pension.

I agree completely, but there are some people who want everyone to shut up that doesn't agree with them. And they can use the "you don't even work here anymore" comments instead of actually adding to a conversation. Over the years I done my best to stimulate conversations on "our" forum, but defending myself against the attacks has run it's course.
Not whining.......but I don't like every thread turning personal, but clearly some have no problem with it.

They can shut this forum down for all I care.

nothing on an internet forum is personal, its a public forum. anyone can post. and I like conversation, but your "in the old days" stories do nothing for anyone coming here who have started in the last few years.I'm glad that you had a job better than what it is now, and i'm sorry it turned into something you didn't like anymore. there ARE people who are somewhat satisfied with this job. no one likes the concessions, but unless you are at ups or abf, there isn't a lot that's head and shoulders above this. if you are in an area where some great job is hiring, like ups parcel, or a big hub for upsf or abf, great, im glad for you. but that isn't everywhere, and it gets old hearing about how bad my job sucks. all my others did too, I got a funny feeling they always will, hey, that's life....

When you were growing up the Teamsters weren't working for 15% less or no pension.
and they weren't organizing non-union barns either, now, those tiny little outfits are much larger and are bringing this industry down. when an ltl freight trucking co. posts an 81.5 OR and offers little to it's employees, makes one wonder what they'll offer when there is no union, I'll be retired, however these 25year old truckers will be reduced to third world servitude.

Another Friday and numerous drivers off or getting off early due to no hours to work. This is a freckin joke that our management lets these guys work over 20 hours OT in 4 days and can't cover their bid.
They should get a letter if they can't cover their bid. Or get rid of the dumb asses that let it happen!