Friday's route

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
20 stops 796 cases, 36' trailer.

Starts off trailer was an hour late, my route was Broken Arrow, SE suburb of Tulsa, my first 2 stops were 2 miles from our yard, first stop went well, 2nd stop, 33 cases, didn't open till 0930, I was there at 0700.

On to BA...I start working my route, feeling overwhelmed, when I'm informed my 20th stop, at the airport, around 30 min from BA needs product, I get to this school in downtown BA and there is a DSM and a MA waiting on me, **** I think, so I inform them that I can't tear my trailer apart at this point, they will have to wait, my next to stops were a grocery store and a hotel, once I get done with the school, I'm in the trailer pre scanning product, they are small stops, and putting the product at the door, the DSM yells in the trailer and asks me what the hell I'm doing...dude has nerve.

I get to a Catholic place thats getting a bunch of freezer product, they met me there, that was the point I told them I would be willing to sort my last freezer pallet and get the product. I asked the both of them if they would take the whole delivery, 40 cases so I didn't have to drive to the airport in rush hour, seeing on how I went out of my way to do this for them, the answer I got was NO.

I get up to the airport and find this place and deliver, now I gotta go back to stop #2 over by the yard, did that one and went home, clocked out at 1945.

I had to really work on it to enjoy the day, my boss was really supportive, he sent me some nice texts that made me feel like I meant something and my work was appreciated, that helped me alot, its nice to get some positive support on a bad day.

I do feel good about sticking to my guns on the digging the stop out thing, no sense in tearing my trailer apart and making everyone else late, as it would slow me down.

Hopefully next week will go a little smoother.

Thanks Brother Stoney, thankfully I have more good days than bad, bad thing is when they are bad, they are REAL bad seems like.

GT , it was 40 cases, correct? If it was so hot, why didnt they re pick it and send out the fire truck with it ? Or do they have a late truck for things like this?

GT , it was 40 cases, correct? If it was so hot, why didnt they re pick it and send out the fire truck with it ? Or do they have a late truck for things like this?

We are a shuttle yard, all we have is what we deliver on, our boss don't throw groceries, if its hot, we go out of route or sales picks it up, when I got the word I was at stop 7, my boss knew I couldn't dig it out, so sales was sent to get part of the product, it was a routing mistake, that stop should have been delivered at 0700, a guy delivered a hotel right across the street from the hot stop then, it should have been on his truck.

Okay I see now , you work out of a cross dock or a drop yard, not a barn. Too bad , that fire truck is sweet work..............

Okay I see now , you work out of a cross dock or a drop yard, not a barn. Too bad , that fire truck is sweet work..............

Its a drop yard, I don't know how it happened, but the router threw it on me to get it out the door, I'm the one that had to deal with it, and after all the nice things I said about our router, lol, I know he didn't do it on purpose, something probably happened, like it didn't show up in the system till later, stuff happens, the bad thing is that when stuff happens, us on delivery are the ones that pay for it more often than not.

I was a little put off that those 2 reps didn't take the whole thing, they cost me alot of time by pestering the **** out of me, after all, they had a pickup and there was two of them.

I will never break down an entire trailer for MA's. They need to learn how to drop ship them at the stop they meet me at and if they show up at stop 3 asking for product for stop 20 I kindly tell them ill see them at stop 20 and not before then. My bosses will back me up 110%. Their emergency is not mine.

My salesmans do the same thing. But I tell them if you want it start digging cuz I'm busy making a delivery. And usually they start digging it out. Lately I have been hating doing foodservice because of the screwed up routing and screwed up loads. But this past Friday I had a pretty sweet route. But I am so sick of not having any of my own routes. Got like 10 guys below me that have a couple of there own routes already

My salesmans do the same thing. But I tell them if you want it start digging cuz I'm busy making a delivery. And usually they start digging it out. Lately I have been hating doing foodservice because of the screwed up routing and screwed up loads. But this past Friday I had a pretty sweet route. But I am so sick of not having any of my own routes. Got like 10 guys below me that have a couple of there own routes already

I had to run the DSM out of my trailer, he started digging, I said **** no!!! I gotta touch every one of those cases so I know what they are and where I'm putting them, they are not welcome in my workspace!!!!!