Estes | Friend recently fired from Big E

You mean like a church membership or NRA membership? I like those unions. So yes I am ok with unions. Labor unions are against the union membership I am currently in. Do you understand that? Why is this so hard for you? The unions you like run off people like me and that is why the unions you like are dying.

Wrong, ups union isn't dying. They can't get into fedex and con job because the companies lie and buy votes with favors. I read the hatred for IBT from your words, but can't help wondering why? Have you seen your buddies get injured on the job only to be fired after 6 months because they can't heal fast enough? Have you had your job threatened unjustly because your child terminal manager has an ego? Have you gotten older and fear for your families income after they fire you for without cause?

Wrong, ups union isn't dying. They can't get into fedex and con job because the companies lie and buy votes with favors. I read the hatred for IBT from your words, but can't help wondering why? Have you seen your buddies get injured on the job only to be fired after 6 months because they can't heal fast enough? Have you had your job threatened unjustly because your child terminal manager has an ego? Have you gotten older and fear for your families income after they fire you for without cause?

I'll try again. The labor unions support a party that supports people sitting at home while we get taxed more to pay them to sit at home. So that means we take home less. Now people who have been taught to work and are working don't like this. But the unions do by supporting the party with money. So I kinda figure joining a labor union would be like cutting my own throat. Add the whole religious freedom and gun control thing and you will begin to see why many truck drivers do not like the labor union. I could be wrong maybe truck drivers are just pounding down the doors and calling the labor halls wanting to join.

Also it is my duty to hate tyranny, any wise man would agree.

I'll try again. The labor unions support a party that supports people sitting at home while we get taxed more to pay them to sit at home. So that means we take home less. Now people who have been taught to work and are working don't like this. But the unions do by supporting the party with money. So I kinda figure joining a labor union would be like cutting my own throat. Add the whole religious freedom and gun control thing and you will begin to see why many truck drivers do not like the labor union. I could be wrong maybe truck drivers are just pounding down the doors and calling the labor halls wanting to join.

Also it is my duty to hate tyranny, any wise man would agree.
I'll agree with everything you just said. I forgot that IBT supports so many things that are immoral. If not IBT then what? Just live in a constant state of insecurity? There has to be a better way. Guess I could always go to work for myself and buy a rig

I'll agree with everything you just said. I forgot that IBT supports so many things that are immoral. If not IBT then what? Just live in a constant state of insecurity? There has to be a better way. Guess I could always go to work for myself and buy a rig
I don't think the IBT is your answer to security, if you think it is maybe you should spend some time reading the union threads or talk to some of the yrc employees.

Which union should one call? Maybe the same union that supports a party that wants to take away religious freedoms and gun freedoms away.
So let's join a union to stick it to Rob and we lose more freedoms paid for by us because someone posted something on truckingboards. No thank you.

I'd call the one's who supported Nixon in '72; Reagan '80, Reagan '84, and Bush '88. That would be the Teamsters Union.

P.S.
they also refused to support Clinton in '96 because of his stance on trade with China

This is why your union is dying.
rEtAhNa.jpg

A friend of mine,that I have known for many years was recently terminated in Norfolk Va.This is a man of honesty,integrity,and good work history to the best of my knowledge.He was called in regarding damage to a new truck that he was assigned to.It seems a bracket holding the corner of a bumper had came loose and dropped down,with minimal to no damage done to truck.Raise the bumper and tighten the bracket.My friend told the tm and regional safety director,he had no knowledge of what led to the piece coming loose,which I believe to be the truth.With something this minor,im sure my friend would have told someone,if he knew about it,because it certainly would not have warranted a termination.While my friend was in the tm,s office on a call with the safety director,the tm told the safety director,"it looks like he hit something with the truck".When my friend replied to the director,he didn't know how it happened,the director,s reply was,"I dont believe you".Knowing this man the way I do,I certainly think he is telling the truth.He even had other people at the terminal tell him,they cant believe he got terminated for that.Some may wonder,whats the rest of the story?.Well,this is the story to the best of my knowledge...Would calling home office and telling his story do any good??This is not a whiny,pouting,big mouth.This is a good worker and a company man.I cant believe E would treat someone this way.Sounds so fishy.Maybe a man Hunt? Your is the only company i would have even considered to be the same hemisphere as the one I work for, I am so disappointed in them. Is there any thing he or you guys can do?
even if he did nothing wrong, he agreed to be terminated at will when he took the job, he should apply for unemployment.

Everything is about joining the union for some of the people around here. Meanwhile, the CSPF has no future and I've never seen so many people wanting to jump ship now that the pension is screwed. I wouldn't vote for a Teamster contract negotiated by Hoffa and his goons after how badly they've screwed the people they already represent!

Open your eyes, Teamsters, because Hoffa wipes his arse with the NMFA and you all know it. Nobody wants to be represented by the guy who doesn't give a damn. If you want people to join your union, vote the Hoffa regime OUT and prove that the IBT is still a united union that looks out for dues paying members first!

If Estes drivers really wanted to unionize right now, I'd suggest talking to the UAW over the IBT.

Everything is about joining the union for some of the people around here. Meanwhile, the CSPF has no future and I've never seen so many people wanting to jump ship now that the pension is screwed. I wouldn't vote for a Teamster contract negotiated by Hoffa and his goons after how badly they've screwed the people they already represent!

Open your eyes, Teamsters, because Hoffa wipes his arse with the NMFA and you all know it. Nobody wants to be represented by the guy who doesn't give a damn. If you want people to join your union, vote the Hoffa regime OUT and prove that the IBT is still a united union that looks out for dues paying members first!

If Estes drivers really wanted to unionize right now, I'd suggest talking to the UAW over the IBT.
I understand completely. It's a shame what Hoffa has done and his actions affect all of us union and non. :ranting2:

We have become the working poor. The middle class has lost ground over the last decade. The wealthy people are getting richer, in turn, the more they can withhold from us , the richer they become.