Friendly Reminder Dem Debate Tonight Saturday @ 8:00

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bubba74, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

maybe it shouldn't be
    After all it I supposed to celebrate the birth of Christ, not rampant consumerism (thanks FDR) thus since most of our progressive govt believes that govt is god, maybe it should not be a Fed holiday

coming from them, I have no reason to doubt it (yet) they have not used it as a talking point (like Barry has) they have actually read it (as evidenced by their knowledge of the document) thus, until they betray that, I? will give them the benefit of the doubt

they were also the party of slavery and segregation (trying to white wash that history)

it is a very very sad when if you want your nation to be governed by the laws written in the Constitution, you are considered "far right"

jimmy g likes this.
  2. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

maybe it shouldn't be
    After all it I supposed to celebrate the birth of Christ, not rampant consumerism (thanks FDR) thus since most of our progressive govt believes that govt is god, maybe it should not be a Fed holiday

coming from them, I have no reason to doubt it (yet) they have not used it as a talking point (like Barry has) they have actually read it (as evidenced by their knowledge of the document) thus, until they betray that, I? will give them the benefit of the doubt

they were also the party of slavery and segregation (trying to white wash that history)

it is a very very sad when if you want your nation to be governed by the laws written in the Constitution, you are considered "far right"

I concern, the Convention of the states is even a further dream than the abolishment IRS

jimmy g likes this.
  3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Then you just stay at home for the election, and the rest of us will try to make change. Voting is the only option that we have, so we either try to affect change from voting, or we can just sit back and let the Washington elites keep us in chains.

jimmy g likes this.
  4. Northern Flash

Anyone that is paying attention knows that Cruz talks about the constitution all of the time. Those who just listen to the Democrat talking points have no clue about what Cruz actually says.

He don't. But his opinion should be what shapes our political landscape. Yes indeed. If the Democrat mouthpieces were so good at predictions, they would have known better than to vote for this Dictator twice.
    That is, assuming that they weren't actually voting for the destruction of America.

Worse yet, he's hurt the American middle and lower class. Try buying a cart full of groceries and stay under $200.00. Good luck with that.
    Oh, wait........maybe we all make over the $250.00 that Obama promised his policies would only affect.

5. Northern Flash

We've been a great nation since our founding, but now the Constitution is considered by some to be outdated and old fashioned. We're at a breaking point, either we go back to our founding documents, and soon, or we will be a lost nation, and permanently.........that's where Ted Cruz and his belief in the Constitution comes in.

jimmy g likes this.
  6. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

I'll go about my routine activities........... You make a interesting observation...."or we can just sit back and let the Washington elites keep us in chains"...... The key part of that statement is " keep us in chains"....... With all the "Voting" that takes place year after year.....and you recognize that we are still in chains...... So keep "voting".......but don't be surprised to find that we will still be "in chains".........

If you feel that voting is your only option, what will you do when you realize that voting doesn't produce the needed change?

7. pilot87

Where does it say in scripture that we are supposed to celebrate the Birth of Christ?.... Where does it even mention the actual Birthdate of Christ?

Jesus Did say that we were to commemorate his death..... Luke 22: 19, 20: 19... "Also, he took a loaf, gave thanks, broke it, and gave it to them, saying: “This means my body, which is to be given in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” 20.... Also, he did the same with the cup after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf."

If by "rampant consumerism", you mean unbridled greed.....that is not just the makings of FDR.... Greed is the toxic by product of the human tendency towards selfishness and that is amplified by our totally corrupted system of "Capitalism"........... The utterly disgusting and unparalleled greed of Wall Street and the Huge Corporations, and the wealthy behind them today, are far and away more out of control now than in FDR's time......
    Furthermore, NO ONE believes that "Government is God" Nice little catch phrase to "justify" not being accountable to the greater good of the average citizens....... However, you guys seem to think that the Constitution is from God the way you tout it above and beyond in importance than Scripture....

8. Northern Flash

So what is our other option?

And since we continue to vote for incompetent fools, why would anyone really expect change?

9. pilot87

I'm sure that not all Politicians are "Incompetent fools" ...... I think that the larger problem is the influence of the lobbyists that basically "purchase" Politicians on behalf of their Corporate masters...... You ask, "Why would anyone really expect change"? .... I honestly don't know why anyone would.......

Other Options?.... Look at other Countries and what happens when the people realize that their Governments are not responding to the needs of the average citizens...... It's not easy nor "pretty" ....It's revolution borne out of frustration and realization that it is the only way to get the change they want.......Our own American Revolution, as an example.....or the recent, relatively speaking, events in Egypt as another example......... OR???......

10. pilot87

Yes.......and you are fond of saying that each one of those state Governments should decide totally on how they wish to govern....without any input or regulating from a Central, or Federal, Government....... If that were the case.....We would NOT be the United States...... I think if you were present in Civics class you'd better understand the Role of a Federal Government....... and the importance of Federal oversight.... The States have a lot of latitude in setting laws that apply within their borders......

Magoo likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Since I was in Civics, Congress has given away most of its power to bureaucracies. Those bureaucracies have seized most of the power of the states. Until we return to our Constitution, we're doomed...

Northern Flash and Rastus like this.
  12. Northern Flash

That is.........if it furthers the Liberal agenda. Example: Sanctuary cities.

13. pilot87

Yes..... Like in Wisconsin.....

That is an example of even more local Government...... City Government...