Frito Lay employment information, careers, jobs

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
I know out of Topeka Kansas the pay starts out at top pay.:TR10driving03: Benefits start day one, 3 weeks total vacation only after a year. also sign on bonus 1000 bucks :smilie93C_peelout:

Our traffic center pays .48 a mile I've been told that most pay .50+ a mile. Case pay is about .08/.09 a case. Depends on your stop. Some pay less. Carted cases only pay .04

Yeah I did. It is for OTR driver. So does that mean I'll be gone all week Matt? Or most of it gonna be regional and home almost every day?

my friend drives for you all he makes 51 a mile 8.50 per stop 5 cents case he wanted me to apply but i can not leave holland so i turned my outher buddy on to it he took the job so i told him i like my stake med well lol'' you guys have a good job

Hey Matt, when you filled out your application did you have to do an assessment or test? I did and those things I swear what causes me from not getting an interview Every time I do one. Also how long did it take for them to call you?

hey m0neyman. they call me in about 3day. but its been over 2 mo. got call to come for a interview. i hope it go good sound like a good place to word

hey m0neyman. they call me in about 3day. but its been over 2 mo. got call to come for a interview. i hope it go good sound like a good place to word

Hey Matt, when you filled out your application did you have to do an assessment or test? I did and those things I swear what causes me from not getting an interview Every time I do one. Also how long did it take for them to call you?

Good luck to both of you, I would have made the leap, I applied for an open position here in Tulsa a few months back and because Tulsa isn't a traffic center like what Matt works out of the opportunities are limited, I had to pass, it was afternoon and night work delivering local stores, carted loads on a 53', I just didn't feel comfortable, you know that gut feeling sort of thing.

I have no doubt its a wonderful place to work, if we were a traffic center I would have been all over it!

GT this isn't a traffic center either. So maybe it won't be good for me. But I got a job lead today from my friends dad. Pulling flatbed hauling steel and 20 a hr to start and he told me to use him as a reference.

Mikee that's to bad. I hope you get a job

GT this isn't a traffic center either. So maybe it won't be good for me. But I got a job lead today from my friends dad. Pulling flatbed hauling steel and 20 a hr to start and he told me to use him as a reference.

Mikee that's to bad. I hope you get a job

Listen to what they have to say Bro, your place may be better than mine, 20 duckets an hr to start on the steel job ain't bad, I know you want out of this situation your in...I'm hoping the best for you my friend!

Thanks GT. Yeah I've been pretty frustrated. I got my 4th day and I get 42 hrs a week. The new guys seem to get more. They also been driving better trucks then me. A driver that has 10 yrs in got a route taken away and given to a new guy. So the senior driver is getting only 35 hrs instead of 50 like he was before.

Well as far as being gone all week. It can happen. Topeka has the biggest territory out of all the traffic centers. But depending on where you are in the USA can depend on when and what you do. Some centers are home everyday to every few days.
I push Frito because. Benefits, pension, also 401K match. Great equipment and a great pro driver attitude. Start at top pay. 7 days vacation after 6 months. 2 weeks after a year. Yes you have 3 weeks after a year. Completely by the book with logs and safety.

Reasons to hate this place. You work a lot. A LOT. Holidays etc you work. You also are expected to be professional and there is a lot expected of you. You have to be willing to go above and beyond everyday it seems. No one holds your hand. You have a job to do and get it done. It's up to you if you want to make big money. The harder you work today will be how much harder you work tomorrow. (Keep piling it on). As an extra board driver you never know what days you work and what time you go to work. Extra board sucks everywhere anyways.

This is IMO the best job anywhere. Pay is outstanding and if you get the job done you hear nothing from managers. Everyone is fair and honest for the most part.
Also it's a very physical job. You will loose weight :) not a bad deal I guess.

This job is not for everyone. But it is a place that hires you with the expectation of you retiring from them.
Now this is my experience and opinion from the Topeka traffic center. From what I've seen and met from corporate and other traffic centers it should be the same everywhere.

There are so many more pay things that it would take a month to type it all out.
Most of the time you feel pretty damn good on payday. There are those weeks and runs that screw it up.