New Penn | From The Home Office

New Penn Closing Corporate Offices?

Heard last week that YRC is planning on closing NP's Lebanon PA corporate offices too.....this is from the Lebanon Paper.

Trucking firm’s parent in trouble
By STEVE SNYDER
Staff Writer
Lebanon Daily News
Updated: 05/20/2009 11:28:39 PM EDT

New Penn Motor Express’ parent company is in dire financial straits, leaving the future of the South Lebanon Township trucking firm in doubt.

Late last week, Kansas-based YRC Worldwide Inc. said it will ask for $1 billion in federal bailout funds.

Two analysts don’t believe the nation’s largest publicly traded trucking company can survive.

“We have a difficult time seeing how the math works here to restore the company to profitability,” David Ross and John Larkin wrote in a Stifel Nicolaus research report. “It has already had its employees take a 10 percent wage cut. Plus, we do not see industry volumes rebounding this year and industry pricing remains very competitive.”

read more here

Yrc did not close thier headquarters,they sold it and are leasing it back for ten years with two ten year future options.

Any information posted here without verification of ANY kind is a total waste of time. Keep the rumors to yourself and the others in the break room with nothing better to do.

Maybe I read it differently....

The article does not say anything about closing down the Lebanon office. That is pure speculation in your part.

First line in the story:

"New Penn Motor Express’ parent company is in dire financial straits, leaving the future of the South Lebanon Township trucking firm in doubt."

Heard last week that YRC is planning on closing NP's Lebanon PA corporate offices too.....this is from the Lebanon Paper.

Trucking firm’s parent in trouble
By STEVE SNYDER
Staff Writer
Lebanon Daily News
Updated: 05/20/2009 11:28:39 PM EDT

New Penn Motor Express’ parent company is in dire financial straits, leaving the future of the South Lebanon Township trucking firm in doubt.

This is the kind of crap we can do without. The poster begins with a rumor with no facts to back it up. Nowhere in the article posted does it say the corporate office is being closed. Post facts please. There are enough YRC rumors out there already! Where did he hear last week about YRC's plan to close Lebanon office? Channel 19? That's a great source to quote here.

I think from what I read from the Reddaway T/B site, there is a meeting set for 6/16 concerning Reddaway and New Penn. Maybe we will have a surprise for July 4 th and good reason to celebrate the fourth, unless they postpone it until LABOR DAY. Don't WORRY, BE HAPPY Billy Boy Dollars really does love us, he just has a strange way of showing it!!!! ::shit:::TR10driving03:

So there is some kind of meeting that has to do with Reddaway and New Penn Tuesday June 16th? I know June 17th we are having a bbq at the portland or Reddaway terminal to celebrate 90 yrs.

You know this because you read it on a thread in the yellow forum, started by someone who never has anything positive to say.