From the stupid file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vintage 1966 Schwinn Stingray Sting Ray 5 speed Stik Coppertone Bicycle Bike

$759.99

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1966-...ed-Stik-Coppertone-Bicycle-Bike-/182746300990

Another link to these bikes...

http://schwinncruisers.com/bikes/stingray/
I bought an old folks bike with a coaster brake a few years ago which I usually ride several times a week. It is an Atlas industrial bike & built strong like the old ones I remember that I used on a paper route (when I was much younger). I don't know where the bikes are that I had from childhood but they probably would be worth a few dollars today. I couldn't afford a Schwinn so mine came from Western Auto or Oklahoma Tire & Supply (OTASCO). Sears & Montgomery Ward sold bikes back then too.
I am old enough to remember buying shotguns & .22 caliber rifles from Sears & Montgomery Ward. This country was much safer & simpler back then.

Last edited:
I am old enough to remember buying shotguns & .22 caliber rifles from Sears & Montgomery Ward. This country was much safer & simpler back then.
I believe that I have a 30.06 from Sears upstairs in the closet.

I believe that I have a 30.06 from Sears upstairs in the closet.

Sears rifles & shotguns were J.C. Higgins brand. I don't know which company made them for Sears. I gave my shotgun to one of my sons. I don't remember what brand Montgomery Ward was but it will come to me later. Seems like they were branded Revelation. I think one Montgomery Ward shotgun looked like Browning.
Seems like Savage or Ithaca made shotguns for one of those mail order companies.

Every house up here in the hills had at least one shotgun then to put food on the table & to kill crows. There were no home invasions back then. Something about the business end of a shotgun pointed at a person discouraged attacks on families back then. Usually everybody in the home knew how to use rifles & shotguns. So even if the man of the house was away from home the house was well defended.

Every house up here in the hills had at least one shotgun then to put food on the table & to kill crows. There were no home invasions back then. Something about the business end of a shotgun pointed at a person discouraged attacks on families back then. Usually everybody in the home knew how to use rifles & shotguns. So even if the man of the house was away from home the house was well defended.
granny.jpg

Sears rifles & shotguns were J.C. Higgins brand. I don't know which company made them for Sears. I gave my shotgun to one of my sons. I don't remember what brand Montgomery Ward was but it will come to me later. Seems like they were branded Revelation. I think one Montgomery Ward shotgun looked like Browning.
Seems like Savage or Ithaca made shotguns for one of those mail order companies.

Most J C Higgins hand guns were made by Hi Standard,Sears owned at one time.
I have a 9 shot 22 JCH model 88
You're right about Savage on the long guns.

I saw one report where the thugs that stayed during the storm were stealing tires after the winds stopped.
I hope those low life's all get caught & prosecuted.

Status
Not open for further replies.