From the stupid file

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an idiot. ....I'm ashamed to say that I have the same car....
So you're saying you're another idiot or that you have a similar car (cause you cannot have the "same car")?
I'm curious if putting a Corvette Emblem on our El Camino will give it some more horse power?

granny.jpg
From eating Deviled Hawk Eggs and Possum Belly stew.
- - I've been watching the Beverly Hillbillies Series from the First episode in 1963.
I learned the series ran for 9 years. I have no idea when I'll recognize a episode.- -

So you're saying you're another idiot or that you have a similar car (cause you cannot have the "same car")?
I'm curious if putting a Corvette Emblem on our El Camino will give it some more horse power?
Well I have the same car... same color everything ....only has 24,000 miles on it and I treat it like gold.... I just think this guy's a dork....lol

Oh and mine is 100 per cent original.

Well I have the same car... same color everything ....only has 24,000 miles on it and I treat it like gold.... I just think this guy's a dork....lol

Oh and mine is 100 per cent original.
then hopefully, if the time comes for you part ways, you can garner a good price. however, it will still only be worth book value. if anyone wishes to pay more, than so be it. meaning, the car is worth, whatever someone will pay for it.

i remember back in my wrenching days, those cars had stress cracks at the B pillar door sills, towards the rear of the sill. that being a T-top, i am not sure if the unibody is reinforced, like a convertible would have been, since so much roof is cut away. the door sills too, were prone to severe rusting. remember too that back in the day, there wasn't as good an anti-rust agent applied to the metal nor any good rust proofing.

at one GM dealership we had, (i worked at 2, on e chevy, one a buick) they sold "Rusty Jones", which claimed to prevent rusting and had some sort of limited lifetime guarantee. over the years, i had seen more camaro's and firebirds rotted out, as the Rusty Jones, actually trapped water inside, as the dummy that applied it either did not drill the application hole properly, nor plugged it up properly. door panel bottoms would rot out, cuz the Rusty Jones would plug up the drain holes in the bottoms of the doors. water would eventually seep out, but at the cost of eating away the insides of the doors.

i'd seriously consider taking the rocker panels off (you most likely have chromed or plastic ones) and the door panels and get in there really good with either a snake light/inspection camera to check for rust. repairs now will nearly guarantee a good resale later, or a longer life if you keep it.

then hopefully, if the time comes for you part ways, you can garner a good price. however, it will still only be worth book value. if anyone wishes to pay more, than so be it. meaning, the car is worth, whatever someone will pay for it.

i remember back in my wrenching days, those cars had stress cracks at the B pillar door sills, towards the rear of the sill. that being a T-top, i am not sure if the unibody is reinforced, like a convertible would have been, since so much roof is cut away. the door sills too, were prone to severe rusting. remember too that back in the day, there wasn't as good an anti-rust agent applied to the metal nor any good rust proofing.

at one GM dealership we had, (i worked at 2, on e chevy, one a buick) they sold "Rusty Jones", which claimed to prevent rusting and had some sort of limited lifetime guarantee. over the years, i had seen more camaro's and firebirds rotted out, as the Rusty Jones, actually trapped water inside, as the dummy that applied it either did not drill the application hole properly, nor plugged it up properly. door panel bottoms would rot out, cuz the Rusty Jones would plug up the drain holes in the bottoms of the doors. water would eventually seep out, but at the cost of eating away the insides of the doors.

i'd seriously consider taking the rocker panels off (you most likely have chromed or plastic ones) and the door panels and get in there really good with either a snake light/inspection camera to check for rust. repairs now will nearly guarantee a good resale later, or a longer life if you keep it.
It is kept in the garage for the most part. ... definitely during the winter. ... the only rust visible is the rear axle .... the book value is low on this car. It would only appeal to a die hard collector . I have a 78 Trans am also. ... I would love to send it to counts customs in Las Vegas . ... lol

Yes, it definitely will, if you use an 8 cyl emblem, use a 6 cyl and lose 12 hp.
Be sure your torque wrench is full when you start, if you pause to refill, it will cause damage to the Donaldson valve.

Oh, okay.
I have 2 torque wrenches in 3/8 and 1/2 inch drives.
Where then is the secret "fill plug"?
I've not noticed such and dearly wish to utilize the correct application process of these two tools.
Right, the Donaldson Valve. Near the Compression Relief Valve handily corded to the cab interior for emergency deceleration.
CHEERS!!

Oh, okay.
I have 2 torque wrenches in 3/8 and 1/2 inch drives.
Where then is the secret "fill plug"?
I've not noticed such and dearly wish to utilize the correct application process of these two tools.
Right, the Donaldson Valve. Near the Compression Relief Valve handily corded to the cab interior for emergency deceleration.
CHEERS!!
Not sure you are qualified to preform this procedure if you can't find the filler plug.
The Corvette emblem does not have a compression release, unless it has a Cummins engine, if you do attempt this,
be very careful not to dislodge the Donaldson valve

Not concerned about Donaldson valve. Mostly concerned about Retroactive Energy release through clock face therefrom eliminating Donaldson Valve as well faulty liquid infused torque wrenches however timing chain time portal may subject mechanic to improbable events little witnessed since last recorded event at the Baltimore, MD. Chevrolet factory in 1964.
Evidence may be secured through Donaldson Development and Manufacturing Plant as you have access to said information, please advise actionable steps to secure optimal outcome.
Thanks for your time and assistance.
CHEERS!!

Not concerned about Donaldson valve. Mostly concerned about Retroactive Energy release through clock face therefrom eliminating Donaldson Valve as well faulty liquid infused torque wrenches however timing chain time portal may subject mechanic to improbable events little witnessed since last recorded event at the Baltimore, MD. Chevrolet factory in 1964.
Evidence may be secured through Donaldson Development and Manufacturing Plant as you have access to said information, please advise actionable steps to secure optimal outcome.
Thanks for your time and assistance.
CHEERS!!

From what I understand, Donaldson is slow releasing info on their valve, company is trying to limit use of valve for farm or agriculture use only.
HEE HAW

Sears rifles & shotguns were J.C. Higgins brand. I don't know which company made them for Sears. I gave my shotgun to one of my sons. I don't remember what brand Montgomery Ward was but it will come to me later. Seems like they were branded Revelation. I think one Montgomery Ward shotgun looked like Browning.
Seems like Savage or Ithaca made shotguns for one of those mail order companies.
here a list I found online
https://gun-data.com/sears_roebuck_guns.html
also this too
http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Gun_Values/Gun_Manufacturer.aspx?id=SEARS_ROEBUCK_AND_CO

Status
Not open for further replies.