From the top...

Averitt1

TB Lurker
Credits
Category: General
Date: 08:33:05 AM, EDT, 05/19/08 Print

Dear Valued Jevic Customer:
I regret to inform you that Jevic Transportation Inc. will be discontinuing operations. The current high fuel costs, economic downturn, increasing insurance costs, and tightening credit markets have made this decision necessary. Jevic will stop providing pickup service effective Monday 5/19/08. However, we will continue operating to deliver all freight within our system prior to closing.
Operations and Customer Service:
Jevic will not be accepting pickup requests after Friday 5/16/08 and the web and EDI pickup functions will be disabled.
We will continue to provide Customer Service through the wind down period at 888-Go-Jevic. We ask that you please utilize the automated voice response system as much as possible as the number of calls is expected to be high and there will be longer hold times.
The Jevic website will remain active and will be updated during the period as well and that should be your primary point of contact for tracing and needed documentation.
We greatly appreciate the loyalty of our many Jevic customers. It has been our pleasure to provide solutions to your transportation needs over these many years. We are committed to providing the prompt delivery of your shipments in our system and professional customer service for all your needs during this process. Thank you again.
Sincerely,
David H. Gorman
President and CEO

What about the drivers

I dont see anything to the drivers from the Prez... Drivers is you want to be treated with respect and go to a stable company check out Averitt.

On another note good luck to all of you sorry to hear about the closing...

I agree that ALL employees need to be treated with respect. If not for those that are out there making it happen on a daily basis there is not need for CEO's, VP's etc. I know this is a driver's forum, but dock workers and mid-level management have had their lives destroyed as well. Keep every Jevic employee in your prayers

and please remember one thing, Jevic was once the best of the best and the same thing can happen at Averitt, you're only as good as your last quarter's profits. This was a tough lesson to learn for me

Hope Harry and Dave G.(part of the master plan) and Tim C(part of the master plan) can sleep good at nite; now that they have SCREWED their loyal and dedicated drivers and others who trusted them. Now all that HAZMAT can be hauled by the guy who originated Jevic. Nice goin Dave & Tim. You turned a deaf ear when people told YOU that there were problems & refused to listen; now see where it has gotten us?

Hope Harry and Dave G.(part of the master plan) and Tim C(part of the master plan) can sleep good at nite; now that they have SCREWED their loyal and dedicated drivers and others who trusted them. Now all that HAZMAT can be hauled by the guy who originated Jevic. Nice goin Dave & Tim. You turned a deaf ear when people told YOU that there were problems & refused to listen; now see where it has gotten us?

Maybe tim and dave have a job at nc already or after a specific amout of time ??

good point longhaul, makes you wonder. i am sure dave g and tim c will land on their feet, there is no way they would have let this happen unless there was something in the horizon for them

Maybe tim and dave have a job at nc already or after a specific amout of time ??

JUST CURIOUS,,,BUT WHO WOULD HIRE SOMEONE THAT JUST SUNK A COMPANY,,,,THAT WOULD BE LIKE US GOING TO A INTERVIEW AND SAYING YEAH I FLIPPED A COUPLE TRUCKS AND I LIKE TO CALL OUT ALOT,,,WILL YOU HIRE ME!!!!!!!!

I THINK THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY DESERVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't *think* tim and dave had anything to do with it.... but at this point who knows. The should have worked harder....

Sun Capital had until 8am today to accept an offer from another carrier... they did not. Jevic lost a couple major customers friday - without them Jevic could not continue... so Jevic will be liquidated. What's left of the assets will be sold and Sun Capital and it's investors will bask in the glory of profitability. All hail the mighty dollar.

JUST CURIOUS,,,BUT WHO WOULD HIRE SOMEONE THAT JUST SUNK A COMPANY,,,,THAT WOULD BE LIKE US GOING TO A INTERVIEW AND SAYING YEAH I FLIPPED A COUPLE TRUCKS AND I LIKE TO CALL OUT ALOT,,,WILL YOU HIRE ME!!!!!!!!

oh yeah.. they will.. Karma is a *****! :nutkick:

"Dirty Harry"

Their primary mission all along ( P.K & D.G & Timmy C.) may have been to destroy Jevic ... so Dirty Harry could say... "go ahead and make my day"... because lets face it after the money, its the POWER!

S.C. were 'corporate raiders' right from the start. WE ALL should have seen it coming when they let their real estate division take over J1;J2;& J6. Also when the new trlrs were leased; not bought as in the past. Their 'raidimg' skills along with our 'mis-managment' brought Jevic to it's knees. All 'good' mgmt might have bought us was a couple more years; it that.

:butt kiss: Old Chinese Proverb: Sh*t rises to the top!