fuel consumption

571ng3r

TB Lurker
Credits
i have been driving a spare this week ("big hood")

anyway another guy ran the same exact route last night with a newer model and also pulled heavier loads btw. when we fueled up this morning he put 85 gallons and i put 97 gallons in.

12 gallons a day extra wow!

12g x 5 days= 60g/week

60g.week x 52 weeks= 3120 g/year

$4.70 avg per gallon (granted we buy bulk but anyway) x 3120 g/yr= $14664

$14,664 roughly more a year to run this older model tractor

so my question posed would be, is it in Wilson's best interest to run older equipment if it is eating our bottom line alive? :TR10driving03:

What was the number of that spare that got such crappy gas mileage? Could it be that he started off with less fuel than you did to begin with so that when he filled up it took more? Maybe someone used his tractor in the city for a little bit? Thanks

I put 12 more gallons in than he did and mine was topped off and sitting at the hotel all day and his was also sitting at the hotel.

9060 which i drove got the bad gas mileage.

571ng3r,

I had the maintenance department run a check on 9060 and I am being told that during the month of July the unit averaged 6.21 mpg. That is sure a big difference than the mpg you got the other night. If you run that unit again I would appreciate finding out how it performed and if the mpg increased or was low again.

Ok , will do.

yeah it did 5.71 that particular night:

9060 (554miles/97gallons=5.71mpg)

the other one was 9141

9141 (554miles/85gallons=6.51mpg)