Yellow | Fuel

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I believe a major way they could save money is to have every driver fuel his own truck. Of course it would eliminate jobs, but these jobs are not necessary if we want to compete. In the south we are paid 15mins per 1000 miles dispatched on
teams. This could be applied to single man runs for every 500 miles. Currently we are using Comdata which has the most fees. We also fuel at TA truckstops mostly. They are typically the highest price. Loves and Flying J are the cheapest.

I doubt Yrc pays pump price. Now just to impose on you what you just asked. We really don't need roaddrivers the city men could run it instead. Or maybe the hostlers. Git my drift? :1036316054:

You can't say it isn't inefficient to pay $22hr for someone to fuel a truck. What trucking company pays a driver to fuel anyways? They say we can't compete?

I believe truckinusa should work for a non union company. He is ready to dump a brother teamster job to save him self.

I believe truckinusa should work for a non union company. He is ready to dump a brother teamster job to save him self.

How many people will lose jobs when 40,000 of us are no longer paid the 15% of our income that is going to be taken away? Its about survival now until things are better.

How many people will lose jobs when 40,000 of us are no longer paid the 15% of our income that is going to be taken away? Its about survival now until things are better.
I tried to be gentle as I beleived you ment well. You did'nt talk about pay cuts, Your post was eliminate jobs!!! All those in favor of throwing Truckinusa under the bus so we can keep a job please vote now. Really everyone I'm trying too make a point so don't get mean. :popcorn:

Interesting words form guys who are falling all over themselves to work 15 days out of every 100 FOR FREE!!!!!!

I guess there are two different ways to think about all this: A: The company is hurting and every way to cut necessary needs to be implemented to preserve as many jobs as possible. This is necessary to compete against tough competitors.
b. The leadership of the company and teamsters are scheming to screw us out of money. We need to protect what we have because we are being lied to.

Guess the two ways of thinking about it is if its your job or not? :chairshot: Or did we change argueing points here and I failed to notice. :shrug:

We don't just fuel. We repair them also. 22 an hour is about a third what the vendors charge per hour. Everyone's job is important we should be trying to save all of them not just some of them.

You can't say it isn't inefficient to pay $22hr for someone to fuel a truck. What trucking company pays a driver to fuel anyways? They say we can't compete?

Hey,
Not for nothing but.....
The fuel doesn't get in the tanks by magic or osmosis!
It gets there by taking a hose connected to a pump that is connected to a tank filled with fuel!
It takes a person to turn the pump on and off!
Now the big question is....
Who is that person?

If it's me, then I'm getting paid 22.00 per hour. I'm a city driver. A basic rule here is... You don't get somethin for nuthin!
I'm on the clock, I get paid!
If it's a road driver, if he does anything besides pull into the yard and drop the billpack at the dispatch window, He gets paid!
If you are that road driver, you better be getting paid. Oh, and by the way, don't walk away from the pump while it's on, sometimes the automatic shut-off doesn't work properly!
Surprised huh?
Then when the mess has to be cleaned up by haz-mat people that gets realllly expensive!
Now you get senthome on the bus thinking to yourself what was I thinking? What were you thinking??
Leave the job to the pros that do it every day!
Just my 2 cents
wolleyworldd

If it's me, then I'm getting paid 22.00 per hour. I'm a city driver. A basic rule here is... You don't get somethin for nuthin!
I'm on the clock, I get paid!
If it's a road driver, if he does anything besides pull into the yard and drop the billpack at the dispatch window, He gets paid!
If you are that road driver, you better be getting paid. Oh, and by the way, don't walk away from the pump while it's on, sometimes the automatic shut-off doesn't work properly!
Surprised huh?
Then when the mess has to be cleaned up by haz-mat people that gets realllly expensive!
Now you get senthome on the bus thinking to yourself what was I thinking? What were you thinking??
Leave the job to the pros that do it every day!
Just my 2 cents
wolleyworldd

Oh goodgrief. while I think the absurdity of your post is evident to most of us the thing that scares me is the fact that there are people who agree with it. NO I am not saying we should change how or who fuel the trucks. I'm just worried the you realy belive what you just posted. I hope you only use full service stations to fill your car up with gas because pumping gas it much more dangerous than diesel and double shame on you if you let your wife or children ever touch a gas pump. now you have shown you can talk the talk are you spending the extra money at full service to walk the walk?

All I am saying is we are getting 15 mins per 1000 miles traveled right now in the southern contract. We do not get paid by the hour probably because of people abusing it. Seems to me it could be applied to all and save the company a ton of money. The jobs eliminated would be minimal. Im sure there are things to be fixed in the shop.

I believe a major way they could save money is to have every driver fuel his own truck. Of course it would eliminate jobs, but these jobs are not necessary if we want to compete. In the south we are paid 15mins per 1000 miles dispatched on
teams. This could be applied to single man runs for every 500 miles. Currently we are using Comdata which has the most fees. We also fuel at TA truckstops mostly. They are typically the highest price. Loves and Flying J are the cheapest.
Will not work because the Mechanics are fueling the trucks, WE NEED THEM, Plus you are putting the boot to someone else to save your job, Thats why we are where we are now. It would only be a matter of time before they figure out how to replace you. MESTER MENTALITY. This is exactly why we are loosing union power, we have too many guys thinking this way, My suggestion is for yellow to do what yellow does, PICK UP FREIGHT, DELIVER FREIGHT. ON TIME EVERYTIME. Build the relationships with customers and do whatever it takes to keep them. LET YELLOW RUN YELLOW, LET THE TEAMSTERS RUN THE LABOR.