Yellow | Full Pay after 30 days... is it true?

Well the Local B.A. came in to Holland terminal this week and said YES it's TRUE all new hires & guys that not up to Full Pay will now go to FULL PAY next week !!! So guys working there 2 months will be same pay as guys there 20 years ! Total B.S. and no pay increase for the guys that been there 20 years . So WHY did the union sign off on this ? Got no respect for union anymore after letting this B.S. happen !!:fingure:
Yes it's true!
http://www.tdu.org/ibt_agrees_to_divisive_yrc_pay_deal

it did not happen to all terminals. Like i said at 104 the senior men voted it down and stuck it right in the ass of the men who work side by side of them daily while making a lower wage to do same job.
Must be the same ones that voted for the progressive pay scale to start with!

I have no dog in this fight and I'm not asking as a smarta $$ or trying to offend but with u guys giving back 15% of your pay, a messed up pension and what is mildly entertaining /disturbing for the rest of us who read the board to hear the yrc drama of the day. Are your health benefits really free? What I mean is for argument sake take $1,000 a week and give back 15% obviously $150. I have to assume at top pay guys are taking home double that which means giving back twice as much. Why do you put up with it when you can get 401k matches with company profit sharing on top of a 5% match, health insurance for $50-85 a week and lose the doom/gloom environment. From the outside it sounds like you guys have the most expensive benefits in the business and put up with the most b.s. I get not wanting to give up seniority that you have rightfully earned, but with what other carriers pay you to walk in the door these days... the money can't be that far off and the peace of mind is priceless

My health insurance would cost over $300 a week if I had to pay full retail for it. I pay $10 for office visits, $10 for urgent care, a lot of things I have had done like MRI, Cat Scan, EKG, blood work, have had 0 co pays all paid in full. I have BCBS its accepted everywhere. Plus my disability pays me nearly 2xs the nys disability wage of $170 a week, I get a legal plan that costs nothing so if I get a speeding ticket in another state or locally the attorney represents me free, free will prep, my vision insurance is stunning. I get yearly eye exam at no cost and my insurance pays for premium glasses (I got a $300 pair for $40), my dental insurance is great I have had some work done and had 0 out of pocket (root canal, implant, cleanings) I also get a $3500 per child braces allowances (I have no kids), I also get overtime after 8 in any day, set schedule, paid vacations, sick days, personal days and no Saturday's or Sunday's (days). While my pension is on life support and will never recover, the 401k sucks because its a self contribute only with no match and its not able to accept contributions from other plans as its a Teamsters plan. Where else can I get a job with an easy path to over 52k a year and get all this ? Certainly not at OD, NEMF, Estes, etc. They may pay more but their benefits are nowhere near what I get.

Not long ago select terminals started hiring drivers at top rate. What were the results? Were those locations able to find willing people to come work there? I think it's great they're getting new hires to top rate that fast. I went through the 2 year progression more than once and could care less. The only problem with all this is YRC's top rate is no better than the competition's starting rate and the raises have been tiny and inconsistent since the companies merged together.

Last edited:
Can already see YRCW in 2019 asking for a SPLIT Pay Scale !! After all this one never even got voted on !!

And plus Union ONE scale ??? that has never been true , 710 has always been the highest paid !
That is not true, I think you're confusing Local 705 and Local 710. Local 705 historically had received the highest hourly rate. However that was the result of how the economic package offered by TMI was allocated. NOT because the employers gave Local 705 a larger economic package than the rest of the country. As a result, Local 705 lagged behind Local 710 regarding retirement benefits. To correct this, Local 705 ceded a significant portion of it's jurisdiction related to rail yard work. This is why, today, road drivers have become so common at Chicago rail heads.

Not so, 710 had sweet heart deals in Charl. Central Motor Lines were members of 710
Drivers ran two 90 mi turns on straight milage, local 71 got 8hrs for first trip, mileage and time for second, big difference.
How this came about, I don't know.
That rate of pay was ancient history when I started in 1988. That was pre-deregulation.

months ago the members who work at yrc at 104 the senior men that is took a vote and said no to equal pay for all new hires and to those in progression. It was at that moment I realized how awful this place was to work at. Now with the nearly 20% cut to the pension and the lack of full pension contributions from YRC the only thing I have left is my health insurance. This place is a waste land that NO ONE wants to come work at. Just look around at all the run down, wore out equipment you have to use daily. Not 1 member of the union has ever asked where have the hundreds of millions of dollars in 15% wages gone to. There should be no debt on the books at YRC and YRC should have new equipment throughout its terminal network but the union wont step up and ask for an audit or rock the boat when millions of due money rolls into the local coffers every month. It has been said that you use to have to wait years to get a job at YRC New Penn because they were such great places to work with excellent benefits and retirement and now you can walk in breath on a mirror and get hired. The end is coming and if you dont see it your narrow sighted. Get out while you can. Take your 401k and go somewhere that makes money like UPS Package.
They need to have FBI invest it Sounds like a Bernie Madoff job.

I read every day all the threads. I have been kicked off this board multiple times in the past years...but I ask one question...Is it possible that everyone can unite in one or two ways.

A. A national sick day.
B. Withdraw cards for two months.

Just a thought.

My health insurance would cost over $300 a week if I had to pay full retail for it. I pay $10 for office visits, $10 for urgent care, a lot of things I have had done like MRI, Cat Scan, EKG, blood work, have had 0 co pays all paid in full. I have BCBS its accepted everywhere. Plus my disability pays me nearly 2xs the nys disability wage of $170 a week, I get a legal plan that costs nothing so if I get a speeding ticket in another state or locally the attorney represents me free, free will prep, my vision insurance is stunning. I get yearly eye exam at no cost and my insurance pays for premium glasses (I got a $300 pair for $40), my dental insurance is great I have had some work done and had 0 out of pocket (root canal, implant, cleanings) I also get a $3500 per child braces allowances (I have no kids), I also get overtime after 8 in any day, set schedule, paid vacations, sick days, personal days and no Saturday's or Sunday's (days). While my pension is on life support and will never recover, the 401k sucks because its a self contribute only with no match and its not able to accept contributions from other plans as its a Teamsters plan. Where else can I get a job with an easy path to over 52k a year and get all this ? Certainly not at OD, NEMF, Estes, etc. They may pay more but their benefits are nowhere near what I get.
The dollar value of the C-6 Medical coverage thru Central States is 20 times better than any 2 bucks an hour or more. 3 bucks an hour above Union scale is about120 a week or maybe 150. Same med coverage under a non-union plan will run ya 100 bucks a week for family coverage. My neck surgery was 62,000, my cost about 400. My new knee 42,000, out of pocket about 600 including post surgery therapy. And during the length of a 5 year CBA, the company can't change the coverage you have, raise the your weekly contribution to the plan, or pull it all together. If your company is not under a contract, they can do anything they want & your only option is to resign, or accept the changes. The difference in wages is about 4500 a year. The medical savings under the C-6 far surpasses that number. In most cases a CBA will bring across the board much better benefits. It was nice to work under a CBA. It had a very positive effect on my bottom line. Forgot, even with a pension fund in trouble, 18 years of vested work earned me 2 grand a month. I wonder how much Fed-X or Con-Way pays in retirement after 18 years of work. von.