Full Pay after 30 days... is it true?

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by wongway, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

Yes it's true!
    http://www.tdu.org/ibt_agrees_to_divisive_yrc_pay_deal

wongway likes this.
  2. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

3. realityofitall

realityofitall Active Member

it did not happen to all terminals. Like i said at 104 the senior men voted it down and stuck it right in the ass of the men who work side by side of them daily while making a lower wage to do same job.

wongway likes this.
  4. Hoodock

Hoodock Well-Known Member

Must be the same ones that voted for the progressive pay scale to start with!

5. realityofitall

realityofitall Active Member

My health insurance would cost over $300 a week if I had to pay full retail for it. I pay $10 for office visits, $10 for urgent care, a lot of things I have had done like MRI, Cat Scan, EKG, blood work, have had 0 co pays all paid in full. I have BCBS its accepted everywhere. Plus my disability pays me nearly 2xs the nys disability wage of $170 a week, I get a legal plan that costs nothing so if I get a speeding ticket in another state or locally the attorney represents me free, free will prep, my vision insurance is stunning. I get yearly eye exam at no cost and my insurance pays for premium glasses (I got a $300 pair for $40), my dental insurance is great I have had some work done and had 0 out of pocket (root canal, implant, cleanings) I also get a $3500 per child braces allowances (I have no kids), I also get overtime after 8 in any day, set schedule, paid vacations, sick days, personal days and no Saturday's or Sunday's (days). While my pension is on life support and will never recover, the 401k sucks because its a self contribute only with no match and its not able to accept contributions from other plans as its a Teamsters plan. Where else can I get a job with an easy path to over 52k a year and get all this ? Certainly not at OD, NEMF, Estes, etc. They may pay more but their benefits are nowhere near what I get.

6. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

Again the Union does not stand up for what's right and keep all pay equal and make these new guys work the same 2 or 3 years to full pay like we had to and greedy yellow pig has succeeded in dividing up workers and creating more hated among them !

7. Freight Crusher

Freight Crusher Active Member

Not long ago select terminals started hiring drivers at top rate. What were the results? Were those locations able to find willing people to come work there? I think it's great they're getting new hires to top rate that fast. I went through the 2 year progression more than once and could care less. The only problem with all this is YRC's top rate is no better than the competition's starting rate and the raises have been tiny and inconsistent since the companies merged together.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    joes bar and grill and wongway like this.
  8. wongway

Can already see YRCW in 2019 asking for a SPLIT Pay Scale !! After all this one never even got voted on !!

9. albag

albag Pray for peace!

That is not true, I think you're confusing Local 705 and Local 710. Local 705 historically had received the highest hourly rate. However that was the result of how the economic package offered by TMI was allocated. NOT because the employers gave Local 705 a larger economic package than the rest of the country. As a result, Local 705 lagged behind Local 710 regarding retirement benefits. To correct this, Local 705 ceded a significant portion of it's jurisdiction related to rail yard work. This is why, today, road drivers have become so common at Chicago rail heads.

10. albag

albag Pray for peace!

That rate of pay was ancient history when I started in 1988. That was pre-deregulation.

seabreeze likes this.
  11. Billo1

Billo1 Member

They need to have FBI invest it Sounds like a Bernie Madoff job.

albag likes this.
  12. wongway

What is Ernie's phone # ? the 202-624-6800 # is disconnected ?

13. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

I'm not even at full pay at 30 years!
    :17142::17142::17142::17142::19:

the5tolls and wongway like this.
  14. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

Oh ya, you are.

seabreeze, wongway and Triplex like this.
  15. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

Ya. I guess this is it.
    Whoo hoo...ooo

16. Josesph

Josesph New Member

I read every day all the threads. I have been kicked off this board multiple times in the past years...but I ask one question...Is it possible that everyone can unite in one or two ways.

A. A national sick day.
    B. Withdraw cards for two months.

Just a thought.

vongrimmenstein and the5tolls like this.
  17. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

The dollar value of the C-6 Medical coverage thru Central States is 20 times better than any 2 bucks an hour or more. 3 bucks an hour above Union scale is about120 a week or maybe 150. Same med coverage under a non-union plan will run ya 100 bucks a week for family coverage. My neck surgery was 62,000, my cost about 400. My new knee 42,000, out of pocket about 600 including post surgery therapy. And during the length of a 5 year CBA, the company can't change the coverage you have, raise the your weekly contribution to the plan, or pull it all together. If your company is not under a contract, they can do anything they want & your only option is to resign, or accept the changes. The difference in wages is about 4500 a year. The medical savings under the C-6 far surpasses that number. In most cases a CBA will bring across the board much better benefits. It was nice to work under a CBA. It had a very positive effect on my bottom line. Forgot, even with a pension fund in trouble, 18 years of vested work earned me 2 grand a month. I wonder how much Fed-X or Con-Way pays in retirement after 18 years of work. von.