Holland | Full Rate or lock the gate

Apparently you dont take a stand on anything. Except for an 11 hour grievance for yourself. Keep bending over. The company loves people like you

Not about taking a stand.Ive been there and done that.I certainly would never cross a picket line.I don’t see what you are talking as taking a stand.You are pissed and throwing a fit and think your demands are going to be met or else.
Let me tell you our company is 85% opened by hedge fund managers and they aren’t going to jack dick around with a bunch of dumb ass teamsters making impossible demands.We are just another account for them.
My stance would be moving forward with pay from here and doing something with the pension and try to make this a better job.Its called negotiations.If they tried to take us backwards I would absolutely tell them to stick it and move on.Your vote is simply to close the doors and I ask why? Why the hell would you or anyone else that thinks like you take thousands of good jobs away from thousands of teamsters that need the job?
Seems to me that it is you that only cares for yourself.

Not about taking a stand.Ive been there and done that.I certainly would never cross a picket line.I don’t see what you are talking as taking a stand.You are pissed and throwing a fit and think your demands are going to be met or else.
Let me tell you our company is 85% opened by hedge fund managers and they aren’t going to jack dick around with a bunch of dumb ass teamsters making impossible demands.We are just another account for them.
My stance would be moving forward with pay from here and doing something with the pension and try to make this a better job.Its called negotiations.If they tried to take us backwards I would absolutely tell them to stick it and move on.Your vote is simply to close the doors and I ask why? Why the hell would you or anyone else that thinks like you take thousands of good jobs away from thousands of teamsters that need the job?
Fine let the 85% hedge Fund manger's shut us down and then no more Bonuses ! time to stop being a yes sheep & match non-union pay scale !

Fine let the 85% hedge Fund manger's shut us down and then no more Bonuses ! time to stop being a yes sheep & match non-union pay scale !

Isn't going to hurt those already rich.
I can't do math with you because yours is from another planet ..must be way more advanced than mine.
I hope your dream comes true...You sound like you would make a great non union employee.

My vote is to give us back what we gave up. They have had 10 years and $billions in concessions to right this ship. More than enough time and more than enough money. There is a extreme driver shortage. Time to get ours back. If they cant do that then too bad. We are 10 years behind everyone else and we did it to keep the doors open. Time is up.

My vote is to give us back what we gave up. They have had 10 years and $billions in concessions to right this ship. More than enough time and more than enough money. There is a extreme driver shortage. Time to get ours back. If they cant do that then too bad. We are 10 years behind everyone else and we did it to keep the doors open. Time is up.
I have to agree they have had plenty of time and we gave plenty. Our Union guys took the hit to get the company back on track part of being back on track is the labor employees compensation as well as the company’s profits. They have twisted and turned everything they could in the MOUs they even got out of EQUAL SACRIFICE my frustration lies with the Union just as much as it does the managment. If they are not going to give us a contract to at least get us on the path of respectable wages and benefits than it has to be a NO vote.
If the shut the doors on a no vote at least the Union will know if they fail to do their part for members they will lose members and the dues that they pay. Enough is Enough for me!

I would like to add this, As frustrated as we can be at times I think the best thing we can do right now for the upcoming negotiations is to make the negotiations as hard as we can on the company by doing our jobs, picking up and delivering on time damage free as much as we possibly can there by making it harder for them to use the numbers against us. I know doing so isn’t always in our control but control as much as we can. And make sure our local union leaders know where we stand before they go into negotiations.

I don't blame you or anyone for the way you feel.What I argue is that we are 10 years behind.If we are then we were 9 years ahead and those days are gone.Granted ,the playing field is more equal but that is the only reason we are still in business. There is no argument there ,I wont waste my time if people dont realize that.
Do we need more per hour...absolutely..
But..dp you factor in the inurance.?We have to be at least at a $4.00 / hour advantage than the nons.Other than FedEx no one pays time and a half after 8 hours.
Oh , the follow the freight term you use is a UNION term! I've been there,other union companies absorb the union drivers that list jobs.If you want to work non union it's easier to do it now and leave a union line vs the union line leaving you.
The non union lines will work the ::shit:: out of the employees they have, they will cherry pick the freight they want.
Some union brothers will be stabbing our backs and telling Tm's not to hire certain people.We had C.F. employees that were blacklisted from Roadway, Holland and ABF.
Supervisors and management give employers lists of who not to hire and who to hire.
Many people will finally get to see what working for a bottom feeder company really is..Oh ,and these fools talking big on here will be sucking ass to get a decent job.

I would like to add this, As frustrated as we can be at times I think the best thing we can do right now for the upcoming negotiations is to make the negotiations as hard as we can on the company by doing our jobs, picking up and delivering on time damage free as much as we possibly can there by making it harder for them to use the numbers against us. I know doing so isn’t always in our control but control as much as we can. And make sure our local union leaders know where we stand before they go into negotiations.

The best advice I have heard since the mou.:guiness:

Its all moot anyway. The union will never allow a no vote. NEVER. And those kitty dock workers at the yrc breakbulks will pass whatever is thrown in front of them.

What are we going to do with the pension.
Keep throwing good money after bad...In our name.
I’m sure you have read my posts on this one.
Allow employees the choice of having the contribution the company makes on their behalf go into a 401k plan. Some locals altready do this but to many don’t.

I’m sure you have read my posts on this one.
Allow employees the choice of having the contribution the company makes on their behalf go into a 401k plan. Some locals altready do this but to many don’t.

It’s the Weatern conference doing it.From what I understand it’s still going into a collective fund on behalf of no individual.
Their pension fund is in good shape too.

Has anyone even tried to do any math at all to see what is realistic?
Does anyone know how much per hour our insurance is worth?
I challenge you to give 15,000 men a 25 cent raise on your calculator for just a 40 hour week for a year, but take a guess before you do the math ...you will be shocked.

Is it right that CEO’S make so much more than the rank and file...no.
But even the most liberal of the liberals like facebooks hypocrite Zuckerberg is the 6th richest man in the world and didn’t even offer a 401 k until it came out in the media.

Ever bumped an Amazon dock? Nice friggin job from one of the richest men on the planet.
You principled shut the gate types are outraged at businesses such as these and surely don’t use their services. I mean we are so worried about what the CEO makes .right..
Do you realize he could work for free and it wouldn’t give us a friggen quarter per hour for 1 year?

If this company was making billions it would be very easy to get a much better contract and easily survive a strike if necessary...but it ain’t the case.Everyone has the right to pound their chest and demand full rate.Everyone has the right to call us a bunch of dumb asses if we vote ourselves out of a good job.
Hell, if you are really going to demand 15% and full contributions and think it is mathematically possible why don’t we make our slogan
“ Dumb ass teamsters close down another one “
And for all you teamsters already retired we are sorry but your pension is going to be slashed about 70% .

Oh yeah, before anyone starts their sheep shi t I’ll bet I have done more for the union and stood up to the man just as much if not more than any of you .I have 2 grievances filed right now and will get at least 11 hours pay.If that’s sheepish I’ll wear it as a badge.
I can call bull**** on that sheep. Tried to stay out of this but your company loving arguments show cowardice. Had guys like you in the barn, kissing a** and bad talking drivers. The end result was a divided barn and nobody wants to do s***. That is the tragedy here. Caring about the union enough to get a grievance paid but slamming them in the same breath. Your type is just what the company wants, self aggrandizing pawns. Were you a Holland driver before YRC? I was, and watched the systematic destruction of this company by firing the best and hiring the worst. The givebacks have paid to cover management error and ignorance and promote YRCs anti-union campaigns not pay for F***ing insurance. Read the last contract voted on and understand they agreed to it knowing they were broke and couldn't pay. Defiling the Teamsters and those who fought the fight show your true colors. Full Rate Or Lock The Gate!

I can call bull**** on that sheep. Tried to stay out of this but your company loving arguments show cowardice. Had guys like you in the barn, kissing a** and bad talking drivers. The end result was a divided barn and nobody wants to do s***. That is the tragedy here. Caring about the union enough to get a grievance paid but slamming them in the same breath. Your type is just what the company wants, self aggrandizing pawns. Were you a Holland driver before YRC? I was, and watched the systematic destruction of this company by firing the best and hiring the worst. The givebacks have paid to cover management error and ignorance and promote YRCs anti-union campaigns not pay for F***ing insurance. Read the last contract voted on and understand they agreed to it knowing they were broke and couldn't pay. Defiling the Teamsters and those who fought the fight show your true colors. Full Rate Or Lock The Gate!

You want to get personal ass hole and we can go that route.My entire family and I have always advocated UNION jobs .I have been on picket lines ,burn barrels and even rolling picket lines for workers from companies I didn't even work for.

You think I don't want or am willing to do what is necessary to get a better contract? Because I actually look at the quarterly results and try to see what can be done and actually apply some math to see what is realistic for us to continue with this job.
Yes I see the management failing miserably and I see what they are hiring and yes it bothers me but what the hell can I or anyone do about it.
Full rate or lock the gate is ignorant cause it ain't going to happen.You say yourself how bad it is managed so how are they going to contribute $225 per week per employee for pension and an additional $ 4 per employee per hour wages?
Add that up for me since you have the answers.Im getting to where I could give two Shi ts if they stay open or not.
I try to speak my mind on how to get better without locking the gate and people get mad.Shut the M fers! I'll be fine but I will tell you that ain't taking a stand that is being plumb ass stupid .

Its been 10 years, they should cough up full rate and then some. I dunno if others look past truck driving, but the dog food factory pays 26 an hour over here, the union factories and mills have starting wages higher than yrc's. The other trucking companies are passing out a lot more money, the health insurance doesnt pay the utility bills.

If they cant make it, you can go pick your higher wage at whatever other company you want.

Its been 10 years, they should cough up full rate and then some. I dunno if others look past truck driving, but the dog food factory pays 26 an hour over here, the union factories and mills have starting wages higher than yrc's. The other trucking companies are passing out a lot more money, the health insurance doesnt pay the utility bills.

If they cant make it, you can go pick your higher wage at whatever other company you want.

I wish I could go to a factory and work for 25 per hour.I wish we had union factories and mills in Georgia.I would consider moving for a decent factory job.Trucking is getting to be a hassle,all the regulations and medical crap and it’s really a dangerous job.We deserve way more pay in this industry as a whole.
Where do you live with union factories ?I remember in Illinois there used to be lots of them but they dwindled down to almost none in my area.All my family retired in their 50’s with laboring jobs,heavy equipment,steel worker and one from the prison.All with union pensions.The trades are still pretty decent there but I don’t have time to start a new career.A good union factory job would be great.They could stick this cdl in their ass.