Holland | Full Rate or lock the gate

jjnG9R1.jpg

Line haul rates from our LTL peers around Portland, OR. It's shameful what we are working for!

Is Reddaway Union where you are at? We all need a pay raise and if we don’t I believe the doors will close.
Ups Freight’s 4 year progression sucks too...you don’t even make 20 bucks per hour until you start the 4th year.
I would rather go to FedEx...sad.

Rates aren’t accurate yes we are behind but UPSF tops out at .72cpm we’re at .54205 cpm
You are right, I will correct that, I had them at 0.73 before because that was their tripples rate. Some people complained about that rate being inaccurate not realizing it was for tripples. Most of us in Oregon Haul tripples. When I corrected it, I was thinking it was a three cent premium for tripples but it's only one. In our area FedEx gets a five cent Premium for tripples. Thanks for your help!

Updated Line-haul Rates, based on driver submissions and data pulled from various contracts. These rates may vary based on region. These rates are deemed reliable but not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, so please submit a correction if you have one.
PlnMlmp.jpg

Is Reddaway Union where you are at? We all need a pay raise and if we don’t I believe the doors will close.
Ups Freight’s 4 year progression sucks too...you don’t even make 20 bucks per hour until you start the 4th year.
I would rather go to FedEx...sad.
Yes, most of sizeable terminals (Portland, Seattle, Medford and Eugene) in the Northwest are union, with the exception of Tacoma and Spokane.

We are feeling left behind at Reddaway also!
P&D Wages Portland, OR
pDnPt9t.jpg

With the April raise at .35 /hour we are @ $22.13 / hour in Atlanta.
Looks like you did your own graph and if you did , hats off to you.
I would like to know what kind of difference there is in our insurance.
I’ve always said I’ll bet our Insurance beats the non unions by at least 4 dollars per hour.FedEx is getting better and better on theirs but we have drivers from non union LTL ...like Saia, several fromConway ( when they were Conway ) Central, Southeastern,Wilson that like Holland much, much better than their previous job.The benefits play a big part in that but I think the biggest reason is the work rules and having a contract.I can’t speak for line haul but it sounds like you guys need trucks turned up to 70 mph and at least a 10 cent raise on next contract .
I got off track, company pays $385 per week for insurance which is around $ 9.60 / hour.I doubt the nons have a clue as to what their company pays solely for their insurance but I would love to see the comparisons on a graph like yours...Good luck and drive careful.

With the April raise at .35 /hour we are @ $22.13 / hour in Atlanta.
Looks like you did your own graph and if you did , hats off to you.
I would like to know what kind of difference there is in our insurance.
I’ve always said I’ll bet our Insurance beats the non unions by at least 4 dollars per hour.FedEx is getting better and better on theirs but we have drivers from non union LTL ...like Saia, several fromConway ( when they were Conway ) Central, Southeastern,Wilson that like Holland much, much better than their previous job.The benefits play a big part in that but I think the biggest reason is the work rules and having a contract.I can’t speak for line haul but it sounds like you guys need trucks turned up to 70 mph and at least a 10 cent raise on next contract .
I got off track, company pays $385 per week for insurance which is around $ 9.60 / hour.I doubt the nons have a clue as to what their company pays solely for their insurance but I would love to see the comparisons on a graph like yours...Good luck and drive careful.
You like to reference the cost our wonderful batch of scumbag employers are paying towards healthcare. Guess What???? It doesn't matter, this group of Prima Donna moron, should have been retired already drivers, are going to sell everybody out in 2019, only so they can work until they are 80...........Every Over 60 year old with 20+ years seniority at a YRCW company, is a YES VOTE.

Guess I was fortunate, I retired at 54, after 35 years with RTL/ PIE.
You can imagine what kind of negotiations I've seen or been thru. 1955-1990.
Times have really changed, never thought about how fast a truck would run,
we asked for dumb things like, heaters, mirrors larger than a quart jar lid, parking brakes,
better seats, speedometer, brighter trailer lights, imagine pulling a 12 volt trailer with 6 volt
tractor, very dim.
We asked for pay raises, insurance, A C, pension, 8hr guarantee, bid runs and time off.
Boy, were we a bunch of dummies, didn't even put those fast trucks on the table.

Guess I was fortunate, I retired at 54, after 35 years with RTL/ PIE.
You can imagine what kind of negotiations I've seen or been thru. 1955-1990.
Times have really changed, never thought about how fast a truck would run,
we asked for dumb things like, heaters, mirrors larger than a quart jar lid, parking brakes,
better seats, speedometer, brighter trailer lights, imagine pulling a 12 volt trailer with 6 volt
tractor, very dim.
We asked for pay raises, insurance, A C, pension, 8hr guarantee, bid runs and time off.
Boy, were we a bunch of dummies, didn't even put those fast trucks on the table.

Slowest line haul tractors in the industry..doesn’t that effect their pay?
I hear road drivers bitching about it all the time.
On a 400 mile run of one could go 10 miles per hour faster it would be a pretty significant raise.
Does that sound dumb to you?

Slowest line haul tractors in the industry..doesn’t that effect their pay?
I hear road drivers bitching about it all the time.
On a 400 mile run of one could go 10 miles per hour faster it would be a pretty significant raise.
Does that sound dumb to you?
We had a minimum running time, you were required to take an hour meal period on any run over 6 hrs,
John Doe couldn't clip you if you didn't sleep too long.
60 or 70 mph made no difference

You like to reference the cost our wonderful batch of scumbag employers are paying towards healthcare. Guess What???? It doesn't matter, this group of Prima Donna moron, should have been retired already drivers, are going to sell everybody out in 2019, only so they can work until they are 80...........Every Over 60 year old with 20+ years seniority at a YRCW company, is a YES VOTE.

Yes philoe,I do reference the healthcare. It’s the best blue collar insurance in the industry and maybe in America.Why shouldn’t I?
Most drivers over 60 that I know came from union lines that have closed down and have been on picket lines before.How they vote is none of our business.
What I don’t understand is if someone thinks this is such a terrible job why in the hell are they still working here?That doesn’t sound smart to me when everyone is hiring.

tractor, very dim.
Boy, were we a bunch of dummies, didn't even put those fast trucks on the table
You forgot power steering,I had air assist and no A.C at C.F.

IF the speed of the tractors doesn’t matter why does line haul complain about it all the time?

You forgot power steering,I had air assist and no A.C at C.F.

IF the speed of the tractors doesn’t matter why does line haul complain about it all the time?

We never had PS, only time we got to drive a PS truck, when freight got heavy and they leased some tractors.
They must have been mad at you, I didn't know C F had any trucks without AC.
You know what a 55mph truck is if you drove for them.
A lot of those guys didn't stop between Charl and Orlando except to pee, 520 miles, they had no running time.
I ran Charl to Jax. 391 miles, about 7.5 hr. drive, the company would not let me clock in before 8.5 hrs.
You see, speed didn't bother me, I could have made it easy with a 55mph C F truck and still got my nap.

Yes philoe,I do reference the healthcare. It’s the best blue collar insurance in the industry and maybe in America.Why shouldn’t I?
Most drivers over 60 that I know came from union lines that have closed down and have been on picket lines before.How they vote is none of our business.
What I don’t understand is if someone thinks this is such a terrible job why in the hell are they still working here?That doesn’t sound smart to me when everyone is hiring.

When PIE had the paycut, it was a volunteer thing, I accepted it, some didn't, a lot of friendships were lost
over this.
I already had my retirement made, plus 5 weeks vacation, the company still paid 100% into the pension fund.
With the cut, I still think I had the best job in the business.

We never had PS, only time we got to drive a PS truck, when freight got heavy and they leased some tractors.
They must have been mad at you, I didn't know C F had any trucks without AC.
You know what a 55mph truck is if you drove for them.
A lot of those guys didn't stop between Charl and Orlando except to pee, 520 miles, they had no running time.
I ran Charl to Jax. 391 miles, about 7.5 hr. drive, the company would not let me clock in before 8.5 hrs.
You see, speed didn't bother me, I could have made it easy with a 55mph C F truck and still got my nap.
Plenty without A.C and power steering.They couldn’t buy anything without power steering or A.C when I got there but could use the ones they had until they were dead.Usually the bottom men got the privilege of driving them.
They even had cab overs without power steering that were lots of fun.

Plenty without A.C and power steering.They couldn’t buy anything without power steering or A.C when I got there but could use the ones they had until they were dead.Usually the bottom men got the privilege of driving them.
They even had cab overs without power steering that were lots of fun.

I didn't know you were old as dirt, we got ACs in 78, never made the PS grade.
Had a lot of good friends at CF, some of our guys got to finish their retirement at CF after PIE folded.

I'm still here because I'm a Teamster first, and a company employee second. I have a right to voice my opinion as a Teamster. If my opinion offends You, oh well. And I never said it was a terrible job, you put those words in my mouth. Thank You for that Brother. The company monitors this site and knows you are doing all you can for their cause. There's gonna be a reward for you.

Last edited:
We had a minimum running time, you were required to take an hour meal period on any run over 6 hrs,
John Doe couldn't clip you if you didn't sleep too long.
60 or 70 mph made no difference
That sounds like those designated freight lanes at those nationwide freight carriers. That’s is none existent at Holland 1st man in longest run out

I didn't know you were old as dirt, we got ACs in 78, never made the PS grade.
Had a lot of good friends at CF, some of our guys got to finish their retirement at CF after PIE folded.
There's a few of y'all that are as old or older than dirt. Old line drivers tell the best stories.

I'm still here because I'm a Teamster first, and a company employee second. I have a right to voice my opinion as a Teamster. If my opinion offends You, oh well. And I never said it was a terrible job, you put those words in my mouth. Thank You for that Brother. The company monitors this site and knows you are doing all you can for their cause. There's gonna be a reward for you.

Scumbag employers..moron employees...telling other teamsters they should have retired . Sounds real brotherly to me.I didn’t put those words in your mouth.
I’m voicing my opinion just as you do and I’m sure the company is using truckingboards as a basis for our contract...come on man.