Holland | Full Rate or lock the gate

With the April raise at .35 /hour we are @ $22.13 / hour in Atlanta.
Looks like you did your own graph and if you did , hats off to you.
I would like to know what kind of difference there is in our insurance.
I’ve always said I’ll bet our Insurance beats the non unions by at least 4 dollars per hour.FedEx is getting better and better on theirs but we have drivers from non union LTL ...like Saia, several fromConway ( when they were Conway ) Central, Southeastern,Wilson that like Holland much, much better than their previous job.The benefits play a big part in that but I think the biggest reason is the work rules and having a contract.I can’t speak for line haul but it sounds like you guys need trucks turned up to 70 mph and at least a 10 cent raise on next contract .
I got off track, company pays $385 per week for insurance which is around $ 9.60 / hour.I doubt the nons have a clue as to what their company pays solely for their insurance but I would love to see the comparisons on a graph like yours...Good luck and drive careful.
I have been trying to gather insurance information from the nons, but unlike wages there are so many variables to consider and frankly most drivers just dont understand all nuances. Even if you figure out monthly premiums, Co-pays, deductibles, coverage % your still have to consider quality of care. What I do know, is that I have yet to find any company providing better coverage than YRC and ABF. In 2011 Reddaway was paying about $1350 per month per employee for Medical, dental and vision. I'm sure it's much more now. By the way, the hourly rate for medical should really be computed based on the average hours worked, not too many driver's working only 40 hours per week. If you give a Reddaway driver who works 55 hours a week a $9.60 raise that would equal $465 due to the overtime. I just think that should be considered when the company is trying to make you think it's worth x amount per hour. Also it's worth noting the average driver at YRC is age 55 Thanks for your reply, if you know any specifics about FedEx medical let me know.

That sounds like those designated freight lanes at those nationwide freight carriers. That’s is none existent at Holland 1st man in longest run out

At one time, we had all the gravy, no bid runs came into Charl. we had them all out of Charl.
Over the years, I've worked under any kind of extraboard you can imagine, they dispatched on the hour.
If you weren't called by 12 min. past, you were usually good till the next hour.
We once had a straight seniority board, a sliding seniority board, if you didn't like what he offered, you slide
to the next dispatch, you would not be offered that run again unless the board was exhausted.
We had a preference senority board, you write on your card where you wanted to go, you would not be called for anything else unless board was exhausted.
We had a rotating wheel board, if you called dispatch and could not be given a start time, you could clear from 2 to 6 hrs and hold your place.
We voted on what type board at contract time, we rebid runs every 6 mos.
We did have a mininum running time on all runs.

There's a few of y'all that are as old or older than dirt. Old line drivers tell the best stories.

I know a lot is hard for younger guys to believe things we did in the old days.
With few exceptions, I think my job was a lot easier and better than what you guys do today.
Terrible roads, flat tires, breakdowns to name a few obstacles.
We had signs on our trailers urging people to call their congressmen to build better roads.
I still would not trade all that for your traffic, fancy trucks and crap you guys deal with every day.

I know a lot is hard for younger guys to believe things we did in the old days.
With few exceptions, I think my job was a lot easier and better than what you guys do today.
Terrible roads, flat tires, breakdowns to name a few obstacles.
We had signs on our trailers urging people to call their congressmen to build better roads.
I still would not trade all that for your traffic, fancy trucks and crap you guys deal with every day.

Spaghetti junction ,near Atlanta ,was just rated the number 1 bottle neck in the U.S.
I know it is bad but didn't think it was the worst.

Spaghetti junction ,near Atlanta ,was just rated the number 1 bottle neck in the U.S.
I know it is bad but didn't think it was the worst.
Worst town on the east coast that I travel in. Guess it’s not too bad if it pays hourly. The productivity level in this area has to be horrendous due to the traffic.

Scumbag employers..moron employees...telling other teamsters they should have retired . Sounds real brotherly to me.I didn’t put those words in your mouth.
I’m voicing my opinion just as you do and I’m sure the company is using truckingboards as a basis for our contract...come on man.
Scumbag employers..moron employees...telling other teamsters they should have retired . Sounds real brotherly to me.I didn’t put those words in your mouth.
I’m voicing my opinion just as you do and I’m sure the company is using truckingboards as a basis for our contract...come on man.
Maybe you should spend more thought and time posting why we should be compensated like FedEx, Old Dominion, etc.. instead of why we aren't. Do I need to pull up all your posts?

Maybe you should spend more thought and time posting why we should be compensated like FedEx, Old Dominion, etc.. instead of why we aren't. Do I need to pull up all your posts?

Maybe you should spend some time doing research and math.

O.D ‘ s ...operating ratio blows ours away by at least a nickel on a bad quarter.

They don’t pay time and a half.

Their insurance isn’t close to ours

Their work rules are nothing like ours

It’s not smart to compare us to O.D.

And PHILOE, they actually make hundreds of millions.
Full Rate or Lock the Gate. Plain and Simple. Does this offend you falconfan?

Full Rate or Lock the Gate. Plain and Simple. Does this offend you falconfan?

Stop with the stupid shi t .How many strikes you been too PHILOE?
How much time did you spend at the burn barrel or chasing down sca bs that crossed the picket line?
Stop with the tough guy bull shi t with me.
If you want to debate your reasoning for contract we will do that.
Don’t think I’m stupid and don’t want to make this a better job.

10 years of this :::shit::: is enough! Back to full wage and benefit, or shut this circus down
Jump start your career with free CDL training! YRC's free training will help you land a job with with one of the many LTL companies paying a fair and competitive wage!
GZz7Jlp.jpg

How much time did you spend at the burn barrel or chasing down sca bs that crossed the picket line?
Your opinion doesn't bother me . FULL RATE OR LOCK THE GATE. Let's not pretend we have it better than the non Union any more.

You seem nervous regarding the subject of this thread.

Question, does anyone know the number of YRC guys that will vote next year compared to the number of Holland guys? I am guessing they out number us by quite a bit but have no idea of the actual numbers. Could it be 2 to 1 or is that too high? I guess we should be keeping a close eye on what they are discussing because if they stick together it is not much going to matter what we think or vote.