Holland | Full Rate or lock the gate

His Paycheck looks great with our -15% $$ ! http://www.tdu.org/yrc_ceo_welch_gets_a_397_raise
Maybe falconfan can explain that huge raise. Oh that's right, we have the best health care and our job protection. We pay for these benefits at the rate of $14,000 to $16,000 per Teamster, per year, with the 15%. Oh and Scott Ware just cashed out another $120,000 in stock a month or so ago. They deserve it though with all those profitable ideas they come up with, making YRCW all that money.

Without the 15%, and the 75% reduced pension payments, management has no other ideas. If anyone knows of one speak now. As far as I know we're paying for everything. New equipment, upgrades to Terminals, the propaganda computer screens, etc.. and our benefits. Oh and the raises and bonus payments to management. And this has been going on now for almost 10 years.

Last edited:
If we're not sick and tired of being sick and tired now, we never will be. Look at what the non union carriers pay. Ask a Dayton Freight driver what he makes. Another regional carrier, that pays their drivers more than 10 cents a mile more on mileage, and 5 bucks an hour more on hourly. Let's grow a set and quit mind screwing ourselves into thinking we're still special, because we are not.

Maybe falconfan can explain that huge raise. Oh that's right, we have the best health care and our job protection. We pay for these benefits at the rate of $14,000 to $16,000 per Teamster, per year, with the 15%. Oh and Scott Ware just cashed out another $120,000 in stock a month or so ago. They deserve it though with all those profitable ideas they come up with, making YRCW all that money.

Without the 15%, and the 75% reduced pension payments, management has no other ideas. If anyone knows of one speak now. As far as I know we're paying for everything. New equipment, upgrades to Terminals, the propaganda computer screens, etc.. and our benefits. Oh and the raises and bonus payments to management. And this has been going on now for almost 10 years.

I

Do you think I'm happy about the pay cut and the raise?Do you think I'm happy about a failed pension?
The only answer for the pension is to get companies to contribute more until they can't compete.Hell,at full pension contributions we would all get over $15,000 a year contributed on our behalf and all it would do is kick the can down the road a few more years for those already retired.

As far as Welch goes that was 4 years ago .Is it right..hell no,but I'm not the lender compensating him to keep him.

Yes,I'm demanding a decent raise,the problem with your slogan is that it will without a doubt lock the gates.
Does anyone in their right mind think they will find lenders or investors knowing they are going to have to payout an additional 300 million in salaries??Come on man..If your goal is to shut the gates you have every right to vote your convictions..Im to the point I don't care.It sounds like many think we will be better off at a non union line.I prefer not to be.

I

Do you think I'm happy about the pay cut and the raise?Do you think I'm happy about a failed pension?
The only answer for the pension is to get companies to contribute more until they can't compete.Hell,at full pension contributions we would all get over $15,000 a year contributed on our behalf and all it would do is kick the can down the road a few more years for those already retired.

As far as Welch goes that was 4 years ago .Is it right..hell no,but I'm not the lender compensating him to keep him.

Yes,I'm demanding a decent raise,the problem with your slogan is that it will without a doubt lock the gates.
Does anyone in their right mind think they will find lenders or investors knowing they are going to have to payout an additional 300 million in salaries??Come on man..If your goal is to shut the gates you have every right to vote your convictions..Im to the point I don't care.It sounds like many think we will be better off at a non union line.I prefer not to be.

I appreciate your response and believe it or not I respect your opinion. I don't agree with it but I respect it. We Teamsters are getting used like 2 dollar whores. My conviction is the same as the title of this thread. I'd rather see the gate locked than this con job lasting for another 10 years. And it has been a con. That's only my opinion. Be safe out there.

4e313b874c917a8ab5b80c47f705eae6.jpg
This -15% has to stop in 2019 period , enough is enough, Pay the Rate or Lock the Gate !

2018 and we are still below that pay scale thanks to -15% !!
Rd4LYP8.jpg

It's time to tell our "leadership" in the Teamsters, and I use that term loosely, to ::shit:: or get off the ****ing pot. They have sold out the membership for almost 10 years now. We need to make them understand they work for us. We don't work for them. Until they understand that, they will continue to work on selling us out only to keep the dues money coming in. It's our Union, not theirs.

Last edited:
Look at what our beloved Teamster leaders are trying to get away with at ABF and UPS.

IT'S WAY PAST TIME TO TELL THESE JAGOFFS AT THE TEAMSTERS, THEY WORK FOR US. WE DON'T WORK FOR THEM.
Take back your union and call your local, call the International and tell them that.

Wong, I'm afraid the wolves are going to get all your sheep flock, with the crap ABF approved I don't see
YRC will offer anything, couldn't believe how many of those guys didn't bother to vote.
Not happy at all with the ABF contract, & I’m pissed about the vote turnout, but let’s see what happens next year with the YRC contract. I hope for the best, but if history repeats itself????