Holland | Full Rate or lock the gate

I think a lot of people forget also, that the US Government, had a big hand in the pension losing money when they took control of it in the late 80’s,from the teamsters,and gave it to some Wall Street clowns who made some very poor investment decisions with it. Not saying it is the full cause, but it certainly did not help. Myself? I think I would feel better now if organized crime still controlled it..
It does...

If it’s so horrible there is a door for you!!! Guys love it when it’s all good don’t wanna stay and fight for better or just stay and bitch and moan.
I am trying to fix the problems. I'm coming up with solutions to gain more members. You sir want to keep the same thing that worked in the 1950s. Please join us in 2018. I absolutely do not want any others to get screwed out of their retirement. The company contributed on their behalf for for how many years they were there. That money should be there it should not be a problem to opt out of the pension unless it's a Ponzi scheme.

I am trying to fix the problems. I'm coming up with solutions to gain more members. You sir want to keep the same thing that worked in the 1950s. Please join us in 2018. I absolutely do not want any others to get screwed out of their retirement. The company contributed on their behalf for for how many years they were there. That money should be there it should not be a problem to opt out of the pension unless it's a Ponzi scheme.
this is going to bounce right off of most of these guys that are paid-in. i got mine, be glad you got a job attitude.

theyve probably been voting for hoffa for the last 30 years, when the checks get cut to a quarter payment which is a further cut from what you were SUPPOSED to get remember this, hoffa spent your pension on political donations and on his friends, the rest is in his bank account and his guaranteed pensions.

this is going to bounce right off of most of these guys that are paid-in. i got mine, be glad you got a job attitude.

theyve probably been voting for hoffa for the last 30 years, when the checks get cut to a quarter payment which is a further cut from what you were SUPPOSED to get remember this, hoffa spent your pension on political donations and on his friends, the rest is in his bank account and his guaranteed pensions.
Exactly. But if you go the other direction than those guys they accuse you of not being a good union member. I like my job for for the most part. I love my health care. I could use a more money per hour. I absolutely hate the pension contribution as is. I'm getting nowhere for that. But apparently I'm not a good union member because I disagree with one part of a contract.

No sir I’m just don agree with cutting the throats of the ones who are long termed in central states thinking just think about my own personal retirement. I agree with the fact that both parties failed to evolve with times.

No sir I’m just don agree with cutting the throats of the ones who are long termed in central states thinking just think about my own personal retirement. I agree with the fact that both parties failed to evolve with times.
Do those that are long term in central states care about my retirement. No they do not. All they care about is getting their own retirement. That is why they voted yes just hoping to buy time to get theirs. Once again I don't want to cut anyone's throat when it comes to retirement. Just don't feel it's my job to support sins of the past. I would quit this job, but I'm such a good union man I'm afraid they would replace me with cartage.

I think I've said this before, hoffa, his at large vp's and certainly a percentage of joint council and senior leadership at the locals
have a vested interest in keeping the status quo at best, or perhaps a bit of haircut to help the company out again. hawkins is looking for his
next gig as we speak. If we stand together and vote no, he puts us in BK, and moves on, having taken on "organized labor". Hell, by that time,
trump will be looking for a new secretary of labor, which hawkins might get if he gets us to face facts. His facts.
Another thing is hoffa and his "team" are all on the same sheet of music. Just like hawkins, TMI, and the board of directors. Everybody rows together. Sit in any break room, You can't get two drivers to agree if it's partly sunny or partly cloudy. Inbound hates the outbound, road hates the city. And we're going stand shoulder to shoulder? A lot is going to have to change before that happens.
What we need is leadership. There was a time, before my time when we had it. Men stood together. I'd like to be wrong, but I think that ship has sailed. We'll have to watch what happens at Arkansas Bull Frog. I know it's the same thing only different, but where the rubber meets the road, we're no different than they are. Time will tell.

I love my health care

The part that most don’t consider is we don’t have to pay taxes on that money and it is essentially earnings....385/week worth of earnings.

The nons that pay weekly for their insurance and then pay 2500 or more in deductibles out of pocket every year are paying taxes on that money.

I know you represent the rank and file out of your local.You sound like a ball buster that don’t take crap.Our B.A is the same way and I respect the hell out of it.I just got 40 hours of pay and didn’t even file a grievance.If he were wishy washy , that wouldn’t have happened.

That being said, we have sacrificed 75 percent of our pension for 10 years to take care of those that have retired.That certainly isn’t equal sacrifice..are they content with their union children and grandchildren sleeping on a cardboard box under a bridge in retirement?
This is a government and union sponsored Ponzi scheme and short of the government bailing us out the pension is doomed.

For years the additional contributions forced onto the companies to pay more into the pension fund for the companies that have folded ,crippled the remaining companies and caused a domino effect with the closures of just about every single union LTL in the entire country.We almost closed ourselves and we are actually considering keeping on with the insanity of wanting the company to contribute more on our behalf into a Ponzi scheme that is just keeping the pension on life support for those that are fortunate enough to have retired?

Enough is enough..stop kicking the can down the road with our benefits.For all of you that want the pension money in your name actually doing something for you I suggest raising hell with The IBT .Let your voices be heard to your business agent and phone the IBT.
Thousands of us need to do this or I GUARANTEE you the IBT is going to force company to contribute more into the fund in OUR name to keep this Ponzi scheme on life support and continue the insanity and selling out the next generation.

Falconfan was right on. Obviously everyone wants to go back to full scale on pay and pension. But, let's be realistic, probably ain't gonna happen. So if it's not possible to get back everything I definitely don't want to keep on same path the pension is on. I would rather get a 2-3 dollar an hour raise and instead of contributing about 70 dollars a week to the Ponzi it goes into a 401k. Just think if we were making 25 bucks an hour with overtime after 8 and company was putting 300 dollars a month into 401k without a match. Same insurance. Maybe we wouldn't be a bottom feeder company anymore. Also other drivers from XPO, siai, Fed ex, old Dominion and other would look at us with our benefits and work rules and actually decide to become union. Right now we are the poster child on why not to become union. Never thought I'd see the day when other companies drivers feel sorry for us because we are in the union and what we are going through. If we could get a Fed ex or xpo to join the union at full rate it would help level the playing field and possibly save the pension.

Falconfan was right on. Obviously everyone wants to go back to full scale on pay and pension. But, let's be realistic, probably ain't gonna happen. So if it's not possible to get back everything I definitely don't want to keep on same path the pension is on. I would rather get a 2-3 dollar an hour raise and instead of contributing about 70 dollars a week to the Ponzi it goes into a 401k. Just think if we were making 25 bucks an hour with overtime after 8 and company was putting 300 dollars a month into 401k without a match. Same insurance. Maybe we wouldn't be a bottom feeder company anymore. Also other drivers from XPO, siai, Fed ex, old Dominion and other would look at us with our benefits and work rules and actually decide to become union. Right now we are the poster child on why not to become union. Never thought I'd see the day when other companies drivers feel sorry for us because we are in the union and what we are going through. If we could get a Fed ex or xpo to join the union at full rate it would help level the playing field and possibly save the pension.
So what do we do with the ones who are already retired though? I know it suck for our future but the retired mostly isn’t able to get back in the workforce.

So what do we do with the ones who are already retired though? I know it suck for our future but the retired mostly isn’t able to get back in the workforce.

No one wants to see our retired brothers suffer.No one that is retired ( I hope) wants to see us going without either.Cuts need to be made across the board if the pension remains.

No one expects those already retired to take a 75% cut like we have for a third of our working career.Its way past time to fix this damn thing .Since the government allowed our Ponzi scheme to be legal and yet throw others in prison for the exact same thing ,I think they should give an interest free loan and whatever bailout it takes to dissolve the entire pension for the future generations and pay all of us what we have coming in the future.

I'm not sure. 1 keep paying till it runs out. 2 divide up and distribute. It sucks either way. We just have to do something different. Do you really think that possible new hires give a crap about someone that retired from here 10 years ago. No, they are looking at what the company can do for them. And when they look at our retirement as is, it's not attractive. So there the company sits not being able to hire at certain locations and forced to bring in cartage. Delivering union freight.

If we decide to vote no and lock the gates what will happen to us and those already retired.

No one wants to see our retired brothers suffer.No one that is retired ( I hope) wants to see us going without either.Cuts need to be made across the board if the pension remains.

No one expects those already retired to take a 75% cut like we have for a third of our working career.Its way past time to fix this damn thing .Since the government allowed our Ponzi scheme to be legal and yet throw others in prison for the exact same thing ,I think they should give an interest free loan and whatever bailout it takes to dissolve the entire pension for the future generations and pay all of us what we have coming in the future.
I hope they figure this ::shit:: out come November with this new committee created of 8 congressional leaders.

How is Mandy the new supervisor working out down there? She hates work rules hates the union break her in nicely down there for me please.

How is Mandy the new supervisor working out down there? She hates work rules hates the union break her in nicely down there for me please.

I love her.She would make a great non union supervisor.She gets mad at me at times for calling her out but I really do love and pray for her.I hope a good man comes into her life.

I hope they figure this :::shit::: out come November with this new committee created of 8 congressional leaders.

If anyone knows the best way to get in touch with those leaders we should post it in all barns and have each and every person hold them accountable for allowing this Ponzi scheme and demand they right the ship.

The government has a big part in the failure of our pension.At one point they were worried about the fund becoming too flush with cash and forced the implementation of the 25 and out... There were guys retiring at 45 years old with full pension.EVERYONE wanted a union job back then.

The part that most don’t consider is we don’t have to pay taxes on that money and it is essentially earnings....385/week worth of earnings.

The nons that pay weekly for their insurance and then pay 2500 or more in deductibles out of pocket every year are paying taxes on that money.

On the deductible money out yes.... on the weekly insurance cost per week no.... not for me anyway.... it was a non taxable deduction.... so it was deducted from the gross ....
It's nice to have insurance that you are able to use.... I had 5000 dollar deductible per person in my family paying 150 per week ....

On the deductible money out yes.... on the weekly insurance cost per week no.... not for me anyway.... it was a non taxable deduction.... so it was deducted from the gross ....
It's nice to have insurance that you are able to use.... I had 5000 dollar deductible per person in my family paying 150 per week ....

Holy cow!!!!that is 7200 bucks per year. Are you with a major LTL?
Don’t you have to spend a certain amount of deductible to get a tax break?

I want to chime in on this, Why would I want my tax dollars to pay for a pension when I don't have a pension myself?? I am not trying to get something started, I just want you to look at the other side of the coin here. I can see both sides because I have been screwed out of a lot of my pension from a former employer. But, I cannot expect the Government to make up the difference.
Just food for thought.