TForce | Full Time Local Cartage/P&D at Large service centers

FRTCHUCKER

TB Regular
Credits
Looking for opinions on Job stability for new P&D full time Drivers at the Larger service centers.I hear that most Upsf local drivers get more OT hrs than they can stand and seems to trend through the winter due to not being able to hire because of the poor pay progression? Was told that the big hubs haven't had layoffs in the city since the 2008 down turn? Any thoughts?

i think it's pretty stable.

i don't think i've ever had less than 45 hours when i worked city and that's not the norm for me either it was more like 47-55 hours average. This is a trade off, in that yes it's more money and good money, but you don't have time to do anything else.

It may depend from terminal-to-terminal, but based on my observations and experience that yes, in general drivers do get quite a bit of O/T. And you tend to get even more if you're combo dock+driver or X-tra board.

Progression rate should change on the new contract. I work at an end line terminal our dock cdls get all of the ot they want especially if they dont mind dock work

Anyone know what the starting wage and progression rates are with new proposal. They sold out their children and the next generation on the last contract.Lots of experienced drivers would love to work for UPS ,just not working for 17,18,and 19bucks per hour the first 3 years.