FedEx Freight | Full Time Positions Forced to Part time at FedEx West

irudedog

TB Lurker
Credits
I hear that in northern calif. full time employee's at fedex west will be forced to become part timers. If anyone can shed some light on this subject please reply.
Thx. :shock:

Hey Rudy!! Just wait until Monday. Full timers are going to get it bad in all REGIONS.
20-30 in all the class 1 centers.

I also hear they are going to require dock workers to get their CDL's. So that means Drivers will be working the docks! Nice.

All this from a company who puts PEOPLE FIRST? Yeah First in the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE!
People First to take away your benefits!

I hear in 2 weeks All the Full time Office folks will be forced to PART TIME. Again People First.

Then the first week in AUGUST the shop/mechanics will be on the chopping block.

Remember they have to make all the changes before JAN 1st.

Attitude is Everything!! Yeah Right

I hear that in northern calif. full time employee's at fedex west will be forced to become part timers. If anyone can shed some light on this subject please reply.

As times get harder to make a profit I think we all will become part time. The company will no doubt start cutting benefits. It's the easiest way to save the company money. They know we woun't quit if they do otherwise we would have quit by now. Mark my words!!:1036316054:

Well you know this would never happen if you where U....n. It's never to late. This is what I'm talking about. You shouldn't wait tell this happen's.

Hey Rudy!! Just wait until Monday. Full timers are going to get it bad in all REGIONS.

I also hear they are going to require dock workers to get their CDL's. So that means Drivers will be working the docks! Nice.

All this from a company who puts PEOPLE FIRST? Yeah First in the UNEMPLOYMENT LINE!

I hear in 2 weeks All the Full time Office folks will be forced to PART TIME. Again People First.

What is a class one center? Never heard that before. Good luck to you guys.:hide:

they aren't doing that here in the east..................yet

i'm sure this will help the cause!

You know what down here in south Texas we have 3 guys that moved here from LA. California. That have been working the dock over night for a year all ready. And have yet to go out on the city. And they are city drivers.

Jeep I'm a full time city driver. And all I get is about 30hrs a week. City driver that just works the dock over night.

thats a big problem at my center too.i have been here more than 4 years and struggle to get 40 however there are many under me getting closer to 50

they aren't doing that here in the east..................yet

i'm sure this will help the cause!

How funny. We are always being told we are going to mirror the East. This is how the East does it. East is the greatest. You mean it's not being done there already? Gee, do you think we're being lied to?:hysterical:

Lied to? No they wouldn"t do that. Irudedog it's just a matter of time before that vision you have is reality if this change keeps marching on.:1036316054:

How funny. We are always being told we are going to mirror the East. This is how the East does it. East is the greatest. You mean it's not being done there already? Gee, do you think we're being lied to?:hysterical:

Just guessing here, because I really don't know what's going on out west. The changes You are seeing there, happened here some years ago. I know they made our full-time dock workers get CDL's and become City Driver's or some kind of a Combo Driver or something they called it. Anyone that later hired on to work the dock, I believe, was considered a part-time/supplemental employee. Now, there may have been exceptions, but that's the way it was where I am here in the East. This happened several years ago.

Just guessing here, because I really don't know what's going on out west. The changes You are seeing there, happened here some years ago. I know they made our full-time dock workers get CDL's and become City Driver's or some kind of a Combo Driver or something they called it. Anyone that later hired on to work the dock, I believe, was considered a part-time/supplemental employee. Now, there may have been exceptions, but that's the way it was where I am here in the East. This happened several years ago.

You're correct Fr8, It happened to the east just about 11 years ago now, we all had those cushy driving jobs, sitting in the breakroom while full time dock associates broke and loaded our freight, getting paid to sleep, chat, read etc. etc. Then along came Mr. D-horsee from conway and implemented the changes the west is about to go through, He didnt last long with AF but his :BS: changes have lived on. People that were here before the changes HATED / HATE the way it is now, As im sure the west will at first, Eventually you get use to it, you may not like it but you/we had/have no choice but to accept it, And the guys that started after the changes were already in effect know no different. Sorry to the west for what ya' all are about to go through, but i think deep down we all kind of knew it was coming. Just keep your heads up and know there is light at the end of the tunnel, I think.......

You're correct Fr8, It happened to the east just about 11 years ago now, we all had those cushy driving jobs, sitting in the breakroom while full time dock associates broke and loaded our freight, getting paid to sleep, chat, read etc. etc. Then along came Mr. D-horsee from conway and implemented the changes the west is about to go through, He didnt last long with AF but his :BS: changes have lived on. People that were here before the changes HATED / HATE the way it is now, As im sure the west will at first, Eventually you get use to it, you may not like it but you/we had/have no choice but to accept it, And the guys that started after the changes were already in effect know no different. Sorry to the west for what ya' all are about to go through, but i think deep down we all kind of knew it was coming. Just keep your heads up and know there is light at the end of the tunnel, I think.......

Well, as you know, we have another Conway guy here. M. Moss. He must have learned his lesson well, because he is hated quite heartaly over here. Why can't Conway keep their trash, and what makes Fred think they would be worth a flying f**# over here? One of the drivers I run with used to work at Conway, and so far, he has laid this out like a roadmap.:hide:

good luck bud, but i would think about it before jumping ship. you have a full time job and bennies if you leave for yellow here are some questions i would ask
1.are you going to be full time?
2.if so for how long?
3.how many drivers are on layoff? (system wide)
4.with yellow pushing to pull triple tlrs what will that mean to low man on the pole

not trying to bash yellow or the union i have respect for both of them, i don't know your situation and you have to do what you thinks best (just look at the big picture)

Hey Sour, instead of jumping ship and going to Yellow. Stay here and make a stand. Do the right thing and call the local in your area and see what they have to offer. Like "two for one" years vesting, up to ten years with this company.

thats a big problem at my center too.i have been here more than 4 years and struggle to get 40 however there are many under me getting closer to 50

AHHH good ol' favoritism. Hold om to you a$$ fellas. As the company keeps moving away from seniority it will get worse,,,,U CAN COUNT ON IT!!!!