SAIA | FusionHealth and Sleep Apnea

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
I hope you guys realize how much this program is costing Saia. I hope you appreciate the kind of company you work for. I know of no other company that has taken such a pro-active approach to this issue. I know it's such a cliché but this is truly putting safety first. Others talk. Saia acts. The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away. Saia gets that.

They are paying for everything including supplies. Anything that will help our drivers from falling asleep at the wheel is a good thing. Many have Sleep Apnea and don't even know it. This is truly a great thing.....Dallas is starting sleep studies this upcoming week.....This will save many lives in the long run and pay for itself 10 fold in the years to come.

I hope you guys realize how much this program is costing Saia. I hope you appreciate the kind of company you work for. I know of no other company that has taken such a pro-active approach to this issue. I know it's such a cliché but this is truly putting safety first. Others talk. Saia acts. The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away. Saia gets that.

Estes offers a similar program with AiroFlow Industrial Clinics based on 3 criteria, neck size, BMI and weight. Your pre-employment DOT exam forwarded to corporate safety mandates if you need to be tested even if you meet 2 out of 3. Personally, I think this is a very positive approach to the problems associated with sleep apnea.

Saia has a better program with paying for everything, Estes told me to call the phone number, when I did they want to charge me $ 199.00 for the test.

Estes offers a similar program with AiroFlow Industrial Clinics based on 3 criteria, neck size, BMI and weight. Your pre-employment DOT exam forwarded to corporate safety mandates if you need to be tested even if you meet 2 out of 3. Personally, I think this is a very positive approach to the problems associated with sleep apnea.

Saia has a better program with paying for everything, Estes told me to call the phone number, when I did they want to charge me $ 199.00 for the test.
Yep Jeepster and that's just the beginning of the cost.........It runs around $1200 total.....That's why Saia has really went well beyond what the other carriers have done in regards to Sleep Apnea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't really matter to me I'll do it if they want me to but as far as all this talk about keeping us from falling asleep at the wheel and all that stuff ya know I've been driving for over. 20 years and never fallen asleep at the wheel so what makes everyone so worried that I am all the sudden I know some ppl are unhealthy and desperately need this but why put the ones of us who have no symptoms or any trouble sleeping through this like I said they are paying so I'll go but it all boils down to drivers getting their proper rest this is part the drivers fault and part the companies fault if they want to get us in bed they need to get us out of the yard instead of waiting on freight all night and putting us up against or 14 -16 hr limit every night

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Don't really matter to me I'll do it if they want me to but as far as all this talk about keeping us from falling asleep at the wheel and all that stuff ya know I've been driving for over. 20 years and never fallen asleep at the wheel so what makes everyone so worried that I am all the sudden I know some ppl are unhealthy and desperately need this but why put the ones of us who have no symptoms or any trouble sleeping through this like I said they are paying so I'll go but it all boils down to drivers getting their proper rest this is part the drivers fault and part the companies fault if they want to get us in bed they need to get us out of the yard instead of waiting on freight all night and putting us up against or 14 -16 hr limit every night

Not everyone is selected........If your a young man that's in shape you probably won't be selected for a sleep study. However if you are older and ........................Well how can I put this? A fat slob............Guess what? Your going for a sleep study....As well they should. I don't want some fat slob with high blood pressure and Diabetes on the road without a sleep study......Too many accidents related to Sleep Apnea here a Saia and for that matter every other trucking company. One is too many. You can't lay this on the company about having to wait on freight. That's part of this business and always will be..........This is about finding out who has it and getting them help. And that's the bottom line.

I know of a young healthy driver, wellness champion, that lies to the DOT doctor that he doesn't snore. Truth is, by his admission, he is a terrible snorer and doesn't get proper rest because of it...will he get chosen?

I know of a young healthy driver, wellness champion, that lies to the DOT doctor that he doesn't snore. Truth is, by his admission, he is a terrible snorer and doesn't get proper rest because of it...will he get chosen?
Sadly, probably not.........There will always be ways to cheat the system and being untruthful is one of the ways. The really sad part is he's cheating himself not to mention putting the lives of the public in danger. There is a cure for Sleep Apnea and its just plain stupid not to take advantage of this opportunity to at least see if you have it. I think the stigma of the disease scares many..........I think the disease itself is what they should fear.

#1 I don't have it #2 I don't need anybody telling me I need help if I start getting tired at night or have trouble sleeping I will seek help myself I am a grown up and I don't need anyone telling me what I need and that includes the government .#3 things CAN be done to make our night go smoother starting at the beginning of every day starting with good planning on the city operation. for an example I had a zone supervisor who was lazy and inattentive he closed my loads 1.5 to 2 hrs late every night I run a 600 mile turn this pushed me to the limit on time to make it back every morning when that happens all week week after week it takes a toll on your body we they fired him a from that time forward the new guy has closed my loads on time early sometimes I mean it's just like they flipped a switch so don't tell me things can't be done to make it better because they can. And one more thing runaway train are you sure your not in management because to have only worked for saia the short time you have you sure do know a lot about how our company works and the people who run it and judging by the time stamps on your posts I don't see how you sleep if your a line driver dude they are spread out all around the clock . FYI management has tried to spy on us on trucking boards before and they always get found out Anyhow have a nice day:-)

If it's a disease then does that mean we can claim disability and draw a Check like everyone else with all these made up diseases lol

#1 I don't have it #2 I don't need anybody telling me I need help if I start getting tired at night or have trouble sleeping I will seek help myself I am a grown up and I don't need anyone telling me what I need and that includes the government .#3 things CAN be done to make our night go smoother starting at the beginning of every day starting with good planning on the city operation. for an example I had a zone supervisor who was lazy and inattentive he closed my loads 1.5 to 2 hrs late every night I run a 600 mile turn this pushed me to the limit on time to make it back every morning when that happens all week week after week it takes a toll on your body we they fired him a from that time forward the new guy has closed my loads on time early sometimes I mean it's just like they flipped a switch so don't tell me things can't be done to make it better because they can. And one more thing runaway train are you sure your not in management because to have only worked for saia the short time you have you sure do know a lot about how our company works and the people who run it and judging by the time stamps on your posts I don't see how you sleep if your a line driver dude they are spread out all around the clock . FYI management has tried to spy on us on trucking boards before and they always get found out Anyhow have a nice day:-)

Not everyone is as ethical as you. Not everyone has the since to do the right thing. Not everyone realizes their limitations. I could go on and on...........You do have an attitude problem. You have a chip on your shoulder. Instead of getting mad at the company for the way that it is, let's accept it and do what we can to improve it. You are not the first to call me management and you won't be the last. As a moderator Jeff knows who I am so honestly I could care less what you think. We're all on the same path. We're just on different places along the path.......Stop........SJ:) take a deep breath....Your arrogance is starting to get the best of you....Try and learn a little humility.

Thank you RT I don't think I need to say anything else you pretty much answered all of everybody's questions have a nice day sir :-)

Thank you RT I don't think I need to say anything else you pretty much answered all of everybody's questions have a nice day sir :-) Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Oh and by the way I'm not arrogant I'm Just very self confident and I have no reason to carry a chip on my shoulder .you need to take a long look in the mirror sir Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

In reference to Sleep Apnea.............The highest form of ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about....If you got a problem with me send me a PM and keep it off the open forum.