SAIA | FusionHealth and Sleep Apnea

Old Dominion did several year's ago.They use the same company.I love it!!!All supplies are cover'd 100 %..
I hope you guys realize how much this program is costing Saia. I hope you appreciate the kind of company you work for. I know of no other company that has taken such a pro-active approach to this issue. I know it's such a cliché but this is truly putting safety first. Others talk. Saia acts. The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away. Saia gets that.

Old Dominion did several year's ago.They use the same company.I love it!!!All supplies are cover'd 100 %..
And now we know just one of the reasons they have the best operation ratio in the business..........Just give us a little time and we will catch them.

Not true........OD wasn't all that not so many years ago............We can catch them .........And will.
Spoken like a true manager .....Isn't that right SJ.......If we didn't have all this negative BS on here we would have probably already caught them......You guys really under estimate Saia.....And by the way SJ...................Just to set the record straight I'm not management....Call me an ass kisser if it would make you feel better.

Seems to me that, not so long ago, Saia would give us the quarterly numbers and then provide those for OD. Then make excuses like OD was cooking the books or doing creative accounting I achieve those numbers. Saia couldn't just admit that OD runs a more profitable operation. Saia has changed some of that thinking over the years but the facts are the same. OD won't haul a lot of the crap freight that Saia jumps all over. You know what I mean...easily damaged, low paying, claim waiting to happen stuff. Saia has I fundamentally change the way it does business in order to get over the hump. We can get in the ballpark of OD but will never catch them. Too many obstacles to overcome and flawed plans to fix them. It is what it is.

Spoken like a true manager .....Isn't that right SJ.......If we didn't have all this negative BS on here we would have probably already caught them......You guys really under estimate Saia.....And by the way SJ...................Just to set the record straight I'm not management....Call me an ass kisser if it would make you feel better.
Or maybe instead of management just someone that doesn't bite the hand that feeds them and happens to be grateful for what they have. SOMEONE that at least from my perception isn't full of apathy....In my mind healthy thinking is a habit (positive) just like neurotic thinking is a habit......SJ you would never make it in sales.....Highly functioning people say, "Where I am is fine, but I can grow." If you expect to be upset , then you will seldom disappoint yourself. Try viewing everyone who comes into your life as a teacher............That's humility.

Seems to me that, not so long ago, Saia would give us the quarterly numbers and then provide those for OD. Then make excuses like OD was cooking the books or doing creative accounting I achieve those numbers. Saia couldn't just admit that OD runs a more profitable operation. Saia has changed some of that thinking over the years but the facts are the same. OD won't haul a lot of the crap freight that Saia jumps all over. You know what I mean...easily damaged, low paying, claim waiting to happen stuff. Saia has I fundamentally change the way it does business in order to get over the hump. We can get in the ballpark of OD but will never catch them. Too many obstacles to overcome and flawed plans to fix them. It is what it is.
Things change.........And they will.

Maybe a few TV ads would help the catch up.
Working on OS&D issues and being a little more selective in accounts is all it will take. Some discounts have hurt the bottom line but you must remain competitive to a point. The drivers remain our biggest asset and the relationship they have with the customers is extremely important. Dispatch is right at the top as well. We can't miss pick-ups. Try and make cooperation and service the rule in all your business dealings.

Working on OS&D issues and being a little more selective in accounts is all it will take. Some discounts have hurt the bottom line but you must remain competitive to a point. The drivers remain our biggest asset and the relationship they have with the customers is extremely important. Dispatch is right at the top as well. We can't miss pick-ups. Try and make cooperation and service the rule in all your business dealings.

You are correct, service and price are where what its all about.

Just wondering if it is price then OD would be at the bottom!!!Must be the low claim's&service then.

Its the **** poor compensation/benifits package that gives OD their low OR.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner

Just wondering if it is price then OD would be at the bottom!!!Must be the low claim's&service then.
OD's tariffs are some of the higher in the LTL business. You pay a little more for a quality carrier. OD's streamed linehaul and low claims are why they are so profitable. Customers don't mind paying a little extra to get claims free service....OD simply do a better job in marketing than most as well. Saia will catch OD..........It will just take a little time.

Its the **** poor compensation/benifits package that gives OD their low OR.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forum Runner
There is some truth in your statement. Saia has a much better benefit package and that does contribute to our higher operation ratio. IMO Saia is a better company to work for overall.....That's just me..............Saia is closing the gap in many areas.............And OD knows it.....Overtime after 45 is not as good as some but is much better than most non-union carriers.....And that just one example.

Rt you just can't let it go can you I said I was done but you just keep a chuggin on toot toot

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

After you drink that Kool - Aid for awhile you will change your tune R.T. I'm glad you're happy, but working P&D for Saia sucks. Did it for 4 yrs.you will see. No place for guys over 40. Linehaul is a pretty good gig though.