ABF | Future Purchase

BIG BROWN

TB Lurker
Credits
I see there is some talk of us buying Holland or someone else on the info round table!!! Any opinions on a purchase in the current market status??? Anyone else hear anything???:nutkick: The nut kick is for all of us on layoff.

Great opinion thanks for nothing. Why would we need new penn? We have the east coast stacked with terminals. What the hell do you mean by abf bottom feeders?

ABFS gets the left over freight and HAZMAT. Price dictates most business decisions, that is what is meant by 'Bottom Feeders'. New Penn already has the regional system set up and is profitable, ABF is still learning. Regional is the Northeast. Fifty-five (55%) of the U.S.A. population resides there.

bottom feeders,no way abf can hold there heads high they know how to manage a company.only wish i was there instead of holland,watching it go downhill because of yrc mismanagement.

ABFS gets the left over freight and HAZMAT. Price dictates most business decisions, that is what is meant by 'Bottom Feeders'. New Penn already has the regional system set up and is profitable, ABF is still learning. Regional is the Northeast. Fifty-five (55%) of the U.S.A. population resides there.

You bring a whole new meaning to the term "bottom feeder"
I always thought that the "bottom feeders" in freight were the companies that were able to "lowball" their rates by paying their hard working employees substandard wages & benefits.

bottom feeder
n.
A fish or other animal that feeds on the bottom of a body of water.
One that feeds low on the food chain; a scavenger.
Slang
An opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others: "The frazzled, adrenaline-pumped tabloid newshounds [in the movie] are the bottom feeders of contemporary journalism" (Entertainment Weekly).
A low or despicable person.

Who would have thought that a low & despicable scavenger of a company like ABF would be the only one paying top NMFA wages? Silly me.

I think ABF is the smartest ltl didnt they start the whole upack thing that everybody is trying to copy? like pods. they know that the nonunion freight companys were ruining the industy and came up with something new. I could only wish they would buy Holland before its too late.

My original post was sparked by someone asking the info hound table about ABF spending $800,000 and hiring an advisory firm to help guide them in who to purchase. He said he found it on the website(dont know where). If thats true that is a pile of money, it better yield damn good advice!!!:clap: I think they should worry about getting all of there current employees on layoff back before anything else. But maybe buying someone would help when the economy turns around who knows.

Why Holland?, what about New Penn? ABF...bottom feeders.:BlahBlah:

"Bottom Feeders" you are incorrect my "Brother". ABF will soon be adding "premium" Freight in probably two to three months in addition to the , as you stated, leftover / Hazmat Freight we already have and yes price does determine business decisions. ABF has sustained financial stability in these hard economic times. Keep that FREIGHT coming and yes, ABF does offer Relo Cubes for future relocation. Let us do the work for you!! We enjoy the business.

My original post was sparked by someone asking the info hound table about ABF spending $800,000 and hiring an advisory firm to help guide them in who to purchase. He said he found it on the website(dont know where). If thats true that is a pile of money, it better yield damn good advice!!!:clap: I think they should worry about getting all of there current employees on layoff back before anything else. But maybe buying someone would help when the economy turns around who knows.

Well said:clap::clap: I totally agree,they should worry about bringing everybody back "union & non-union" before wondering what to buy next. Spending $800,000 dollars on an advisory firm is just stupid.:wtflol:

I don't think we could afford OD? Estes is claims central. R&L needs a union. I am currently on layoff with ABF and had an interview at R&L last week. They start at $15/hr and top out at $17.91/hr in five years.:biglaugh: I asked the TM why their drivers in Buffalo, NY top out at 21 something/hr. He told me their pay scale is different all over the country.:nutkick: After almost laughing myself off the chair we got in to the hours I would work. 10am-10pm monday-friday. I thought great 20 hrs overtime a week. So I asked time and a half after 8 a day or 40 a week. He said they pay all straight time. I thanked him for his time and walked out.:smilie_132: Who in there right mind would work for that!!!:biglaugh:

was told that abf will not buy any other carriers,will expand from within,too much baggage comes with it!you can call us anything you want but just remember abf is financially sound and well run.

In the fourth quarter report Wes Kemp said that ABF took a write off on the 800K for a study & advice on a purchase. As I stated in an earlier post the purchase may not be freight or transportation related. We don't know at this point. I do know that they will study every aspect of a purchase this time. The Worldway/Carolina purchase just about put ABF out of business. There were several clauses that they evidently overlooked before the purchase. One thing was the compensation & options that upper management had in their contracts.

abf will be adding "premium" freight in two or three months? whatcha you talkin' bout willis? i hope that is right. what did you hear? thx !